Clowney's asking price is dropping | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clowney's asking price is dropping

He doesn't want to come here so forget about him. We don't need to beg players to play for us.
who is begging? the offer is still the same. he thought he could higher. If Mia offfered him $20M he would have been a Phin over a week ago

You don't think after Clowney refused $17M, that Grier and Co didn't say, "Well the offer still stands if things change?'
I mean after all they offered him a deal after he Rejected us last year.

again the mediocre thinking here is abundant. Pride is gonna stop you from getting the better player in exchange for a lesser player?

He turned the Dolphins down twice. He clearly isnt interested
According to Barry Jackson the Dolphins did not offer him a contract in free agency. So he didn’t want to be traded to the Dolphins last season . That is one time he turned them down. Exactly when was the second time if they didn’t even offer him a contract since free agency started?

who is begging? the offer is still the same. he thought he could higher. If Mia offfered him $20M he would have been a Phin over a week ago

You don't think after Clowney refused $17M, that Grier and Co didn't say, "Well the offer still stands if things change?'
I mean after all they offered him a deal after he Rejected us last year.

again the mediocre thinking here is abundant. Pride is gonna stop you from getting the better player in exchange for a lesser player?
Dude, it has nothing to do with pride and everything to do with TEAM. This guy is all about what HE wants and Flores has said he wants team players. If we made an offer and he turned it down then let it go. This guy is not Deacon Jones.

Dude, it has nothing to do with pride and everything to do with TEAM. This guy is all about what HE wants and Flores has said he wants team players. If we made an offer and he turned it down then let it go. This guy is not Deacon Jones.
The guys gets a pass on the trade last year. Mia at the start had no vision it seemed. we were all wrong. this was after we traded Tunsil and Minkah. Fast forward to 2020....Clowney wanted $20M, now he wants $17M. who has the best $17M offer on the table? I would have to admit, Mia's is looking better

If I'm Flores, he's dead to me. I just want the ones that want MIA and he punked out and went to Seattle.

You don’t want him because he made a smart decision and your butt hurt?

Good thing Flores doesn’t agree with you because he called Clowney as soon as he could.

I’d have been more concerned if Jadeveon did come to Miami last year for no reason other than money. He chose to go to a much more competitive team for less money and a chance to win.

Keep on spewing your tired narrative.

You don’t want him because he made a smart decision and your butt hurt?

Good thing Flores doesn’t agree with you because he called Clowney as soon as he could.

I’d have been more concerned if Jadeveon did come to Miami last year for no reason other than money. He chose to go to a much more competitive team for less money and a chance to win.

Keep on spewing your tired narrative.
wait man, that was a little harsh. I can understand the hatred toward Clowney. But last year I think we were all wrong on Mia's direction. Clowney, I'm sure has many offers at $17M. Now he will get even more.

He turned the Dolphins down twice. He clearly isnt interested

In fairness, he’s turned everyone down.

I agree at this point we aren’t going to sign him because we’ve spent the money elsewhere already but some of these fans taking a business decision personally is laughable.

It is ridiculous so many fans take it personal when a player does what he thinks is in his own best interest. Clowney didn’t want to come to the Dolphins last year because he wanted to play for a playoff contender. Now he wants to sign for as much as he can because he realizes that football careers are short and you need to make as much money as you can before your career ends.
I just want the Dolphins to sign as many excellent players as they can so they can finally escape the mediocrity they have dwelled in for the past two decades. Clowney is one of the top DE’s in the NFL and I don’t care one bit that he didn’t want to play for the Dolphins last year. If the money is right, I would sign him in a New York minute.
In fact I would happily sign Minkah Fitzpatrick if he is a free agent in a few years and he was willing to return to the Dolphins. I want the best players on the Dolphins and I am not going to hold it against any player in regards to decisions they make about where he might or might not want to play now or in the past.

wait man, that was a little harsh. I can understand the hatred toward Clowney. But last year I think we were all wrong on Mia's direction. Clowney, I'm sure has many offers at $17M. Now he will get even more.

Hatred? Because he made a smart decision?

Good thing our coach isn’t petty because he went after him again the first chance he got.

It is ridiculous so many fans take it personal when a player does what he thinks is in his own best interest. Clowney didn’t want to come to the Dolphins last year because he wanted to play for a playoff contender. Now he wants to sign for as much as he can because he realizes that football careers are short and you need to make as much money as you can before your career ends.
I just want the Dolphins to sign as many excellent players as they can so they can finally escape the mediocrity they have dwelled in for the past two decades. Clowney is one of the top DE’s in the NFL and I don’t care one bit that he didn’t want to play for the Dolphins last year. If the money is right, I would sign him in a New York minute.
In fact I would happily sign Minkah Fitzpatrick if he is a free agent in a few years and he was willing to return to the Dolphins. I want the best players on the Dolphins and I am not going to hold it against any player in regards to decisions they make about where he might or might not want to play now or in the past.

Exactly.

We picked up two solid guys for what Clowney wanted in pay. This defense seems to want edge setters and LBers to do the dirty work. I could see us taking another Van Noy type and edge guy on days 2-3 in the draft. I have nothing against Clowney for wanting a pay day, I just don’t think he fits the mentality our coach wants. He’s also asking for a lot for his production this past season. I’m not just talking about sack either, I believe some of the guys we just signed are good against the run, and produced more pressure than Clowney last season.

Back
Top Bottom