Clowney's asking price is dropping | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clowney's asking price is dropping

I would have no issue with us making another offer to him. He’d improve us massively on defense.
what is interesting now is that with the draft a few weeks away, and teams spending money, what is his true market? Could be a one-two year deal (with some kind of option). if he is a bust, it won't have long-term effects

Hard No. Love the talent he has but if he isn't hungry for more than money then he can go play somewhere else.

He's 27. The second contract is a big deal. He's in his physical prime. Most of would do the same thing he's doing. Nothing wrong with trying to maximize the money you make. Why should he play at a discount if he believes he's worth more? Because you want him on your team?

I don't blame him for not wanting to be here last year, either. You remember how this team looked, right? :lol:

Plus, Flores was a brand new coach. Too early for him to prove himself. It's business, not personal. Let's see how the negotiations go. Sometimes it takes time for both parties to agree to terms. He would be a very good addition.

Last edited:
His asking price is dropping, as is my interest in getting him...And it wasn't that high to start with.

I like the Dynamics of the way the team is looking, he is very obviously not very interested in being a Dolphin, which tells me, if he did go to Miami, it would be mostly because of $$$$.

I don't want mercenaries on the team, I want players that want to be there, and want to succeed, not just to be paid.

Seahawks’ Jadeveon Clowney nixed potential trade to Dolphins because of Brian Flores
Why? A large part of that is because Clowney didn’t want to play for a rebuilding or non-contending team, hence the Seahawks and Philadelphia Eagles being his favored destinations. Another is that he didn’t want to play for head coach Brian Flores, who is a disciple of Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots.

another blurb...
Clowney didn’t want to play for new Dolphins coach Brian Flores, who left New England for Miami. Clowney wasn’t interested in playing for another Bill Belichick disciple after spending five years with O’Brien.

This boat has sailed and sunk.

His asking price is dropping, as is my interest in getting him...And it wasn't that high to start with.

I like the Dynamics of the way the team is looking, he is very obviously not very interested in being a Dolphin, which tells me, if he did go to Miami, it would be mostly because of $$$$.

I don't want mercenaries on the team, I want players that want to be there, and want to succeed, not just to be paid.
guy played with a core injury and settled for surgery after the season. he missed a game with the flu. let's not get too carried away with this 5-11 team. they need talent, big time

Seahawks’ Jadeveon Clowney nixed potential trade to Dolphins because of Brian Flores
Why? A large part of that is because Clowney didn’t want to play for a rebuilding or non-contending team, hence the Seahawks and Philadelphia Eagles being his favored destinations. Another is that he didn’t want to play for head coach Brian Flores, who is a disciple of Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots.

another blurb...
Clowney didn’t want to play for new Dolphins coach Brian Flores, who left New England for Miami. Clowney wasn’t interested in playing for another Bill Belichick disciple after spending five years with O’Brien.

This boat has sailed and sunk.
I thought this was all about "business"? If he doesn't want to play for anyone associated with Bill Belichick, he's limiting his market greatly. Good Luck Clown(y).

I thought this was all about "business"? If he doesn't want to play for anyone associated with Bill Belichick, he's limiting his market greatly. Good Luck Clown(y).
I love how fans dis-credit this. As if we have many DE on this team ready to set sack records. IN reality both parties need each other

wait man, that was a little harsh. I can understand the hatred toward Clowney. But last year I think we were all wrong on Mia's direction. Clowney, I'm sure has many offers at $17M. Now he will get even more.
You asked for it. If Clowney, who is now asking in the $17 mil range, has so many offers why isn't he signed?

You don’t want him because he made a smart decision and your butt hurt?

Good thing Flores doesn’t agree with you because he called Clowney as soon as he could.

I’d have been more concerned if Jadeveon did come to Miami last year for no reason other than money. He chose to go to a much more competitive team for less money and a chance to win.

Keep on spewing your tired narrative.
Nice attacking style. Tired narrative? Ok man.

I don’t think we have the cap space for Clowney even with the lower asking price. We need a ton of space for our draft picks plus leftovers for in season injuries

I love how everybody talks about Clowney as if he's gd Von Miller. He's never even hit double digit sacks in his career.

He's a mild upgrade over Olivier Vernon when we had him and you want to throw billions at him. Why?

Back
Top Bottom