Clowney's asking price is dropping | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clowney's asking price is dropping

I don’t think we have the cap space for Clowney even with the lower asking price. We need a ton of space for our draft picks plus leftovers for in season injuries

We got about 7m after draft $$ and added expenses. Money can usually always be found. Here we the Fans can even see it, with some releases or restructuring, maybe even some trades.

Is our FO into it ? It doesn't seem to be in their cards right now.

If we were going to spend seeing the way they are building the team, Chris Jones IMO would be more beneficial than a DE. Derrick Brown more valued than a DE. JMO...

Actually feel a head scratcher why they haven't pick one up earlier

Fans are so hungry for talent they sometimes get delirious lol... Clowney is a good talent and an upgrade but I don't see a fit and the sting of Suh is still in my butt .... prima donna types don't work here IMO
I just want to be clear, is that sting or stinger? Words matter... :shrug:

yeah i'm not paying $17-18m for a guy who has never produced double digit sacks and coming off a 3 sack season. Clowney fits the classic profile of a guy who will disappear entirely after getting his big pay day.

You think Clowney's only value to a team is sack totals?

He's 27. The second contract is a big deal. He's in his physical prime. Most of would do the same thing he's doing. Nothing wrong with trying to maximize the money you make. Why should he play at a discount if he believes he's worth more? Because you want him on your team?

I don't blame him for not wanting to be here last year, either. You remember how this team looked, right? :lol:

Plus, Flores was a brand new coach. Too early for him to prove himself. It's business, not personal. Let's see how the negotiations go. Sometimes it takes time for both parties to agree to terms. He would be a very good addition.

Hey I agree with you it is Business and he should be seeking as much as he can... However should the Dolphins be paying top dollar? How did that work our for us in the Suh signing?

For me I just wouldn't be Investing in a highly priced DE right now given the questions on his work ethics and desire to play here when we have already invested in the position and have the draft coming up to work with. Hence the Hard No...

Fans are so hungry for talent they sometimes get delirious lol... Clowney is a good talent and an upgrade but I don't see a fit and the sting of Suh is still in my butt .... prima donna types don't work here IMO
My good friend who is an ER doctor told me 25% of his job is pulling things out of people's butts...I didn't believe him until I read your post..

The guys gets a pass on the trade last year. Mia at the start had no vision it seemed. we were all wrong. this was after we traded Tunsil and Minkah. Fast forward to 2020....Clowney wanted $20M, now he wants $17M. who has the best $17M offer on the table? I would have to admit, Mia's is looking better

Miami had no vision it seemed. Yes and that assessment by many was incorrect. Flores is about "TEAM" players. Clunky passed so the Fins SHOULD pass and stick to their "team-first" player philosophy and not fall in love with players because of ability alone. The ship has sailed. Clunky is about the money. Cool. Good-luck with that.

Back
Top Bottom