Clowney's asking price is dropping | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clowney's asking price is dropping

I respect what Clowney could bring to Miami, but at this point signing him would be redundant. Van Noy, Lawson and Ogbah all fill a similar role; they stop the run first and pass rush second. Sure, he be the best edge player on our team. I just don’t think he’s enough of an upgrade to warrant an additional $16-17M on the position. IMO we need to focus on guys with their knuckle in the dirt now; specifically a real NT to bump Godchaux outside.

So Clowney's price is where Miami made it's offer. Was KVN the fall back or were they looking to get both? Just like real estate, the seller is showing desperation and the next buyer could even get him cheaper. To me, it's all about guaranteed money. That is probably lower too because his asking price is lowered. Defensive end is still a huge need. Miami should cut Albert and offer a deal to Clowney.

I'm out on Clowney. Any team would be lucky to get two years out of him before he's either hurt or laying down because he wants the next contract.

who is begging? the offer is still the same. he thought he could higher. If Mia offfered him $20M he would have been a Phin over a week ago

You don't think after Clowney refused $17M, that Grier and Co didn't say, "Well the offer still stands if things change?'
I mean after all they offered him a deal after he Rejected us last year.

again the mediocre thinking here is abundant. Pride is gonna stop you from getting the better player in exchange for a lesser player?

literally has nothing to do with mediocre thinking, they just paid $17M/year for Ogbah and Lawson which is exactly what Clowney wants. They aren't going to pay Clowney $17M/ year on top of those two guys now. You think it's a coincidence they offered Clowney $17M per the reports and then ended up signing two pass rushers for the same price???

Come on man, stop attacking people who disagree with you because you aren't thinking rationally about this stuff

Why would any fan want this guy here? How many nos does it take before we get embarrassed with a "me tooed"?
10 No's and 1 yes is a yes.
Can be applied to this, a date request, job application, sex and on and on.

So Clowney's price is where Miami made it's offer. Was KVN the fall back or were they looking to get both? Just like real estate, the seller is showing desperation and the next buyer could even get him cheaper. To me, it's all about guaranteed money. That is probably lower too because his asking price is lowered. Defensive end is still a huge need. Miami should cut Albert and offer a deal to Clowney.
He doesn't wanna be here. We cant force him to sign.

I just want to be clear, is that sting or stinger? Words matter... :shrug:

STING ... just something I made up on the fly because of the pain in the a$$ it was waiting for him to be dominant while he robs the FO of cap space .... we were still feeling the pain (financially) after he left ....

Don't want another experience as a fan waiting for Moneyball to decide if he wants to play as part of a team or roll around in his guaranteed bankroll .... JMO

I get that some fans still think Clowney is the answer for the Miami Dolphins. He's certainly talented but has never really lived up to his billing in terms of on field production. He's already turned down an opportunity to be part of the team via trade and made his feelings known. Flores and Company looked to have moved on. They surely had the opportunity to talk with him once F/A started but moved in a different direction. If there actually was an offer by Miami the media and team insiders would have certainly picked up on it. But nothing was ever mentioned by anyone until Clowney's market became non existent. I don't believe the report Miami offered Clowney $17M. But apparently there are fans who still think that fake news report, is valid and persistently push for Miami to sign him, inspite of showing no interest in the guy.

who is begging? the offer is still the same. he thought he could higher. If Mia offfered him $20M he would have been a Phin over a week ago

You don't think after Clowney refused $17M, that Grier and Co didn't say, "Well the offer still stands if things change?'
I mean after all they offered him a deal after he Rejected us last year.

again the mediocre thinking here is abundant. Pride is gonna stop you from getting the better player in exchange for a lesser player?

I was waiting for you to start attacking those not jumping on your bandwagon. And you didnt disappoint.

Clowney is not a Mack between the lines. He is a nice edge setting player with limited ability to get to the QB.

Suh came in with a more accomplished resume and he was never able to live up to his contract. No way Clowney ever justifies that 17 million dollar price tag. None.

Mediocre? Throwing big contracts around got us mediocrity. I rather draft and develop at this point. But I see you have learned absolutely nothing from the past few decades. Oh so happy being 8-8 or 9-7 with a playoff appearance once a decade.

wait man, that was a little harsh. I can understand the hatred toward Clowney. But last year I think we were all wrong on Mia's direction. Clowney, I'm sure has many offers at $17M. Now he will get even more.

Maybe you were wrong in Miamis direction last year.

But many went into the year wanting development and progress. No matter how it looked. And we got it.

Now fans like you were jumping off bridges and calling for Flo to be pushed off the island for the first 6 weeks of the season.

I never did.

Back
Top Bottom