Clyde Gates may lose his roster spot in Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clyde Gates may lose his roster spot in Miami

LOL @ Bess getting cut.

But Wallace will be kept before Gates.

Hell Wallace may be our #1 before season ends

I wish I knew, aside from his rumored triangle numbers (height/weight/speed), where in the world this kind of optimism about Roberto Wallace is coming from. He's done nothing to warrant it, and the camp reports about him are far from consensus, some reports are glowing, some are blah, nothing consistent whatsoever.

If everyone at practice has a tough time getting over Roberto Wallace's triangle numbers then the Dolphins ought draft Josh Gordon in the upcoming Supplemental Draft. That will give them a player with triangle numbers plus actual receiving talent.

If everyone at practice has a tough time getting over Roberto Wallace's triangle numbers then the Dolphins ought draft Josh Gordon in the upcoming Supplemental Draft. That will give them a player with triangle numbers plus actual receiving talent.

I never said Wallace deserved it.

I'd love to have Josh Gordon. Absolutely love it

i think its a year too early still to give up on gates...just like i thought it was a year too early to give up on nolan carroll last year...i'd cut naanee and pruitt and moore before i'd cut gates off what i've seen from those guys...and if wallace doesn't separate in camp once the pads come on i'd cut him too...lord if ocho can't make this roster man better hang em up ha ha

i liked the gates pick very much but i was worried about the level of comp in college which was beer league pretty much to the nfl...seems to date that concern has been warranted...kids tough though he's not scared he doesn't return kicks like he's timid...he's not special at that either but he's not going to ground without contact like ginn or beelining for the sideline

as for davon bess in this o i think they'll try to make it work for 2012 but i don't know that they don't use a mid round pick on a slot guy with better tools next year...a mid round pick on a slot guy can get you a heck of a slot wr...

no guarantee to me bess is a dolphin in 2013

I'm not sure yet if Philbin will even want a slot receiver. He might. He might not. I don't know yet. Seemed to me they had guys in Green Bay they could plug on the outside or inside.

I recognize Gates has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in his NFL career. But to give up on a guy with that much pure speed after 1 year is beyond me. I understand you have to be able to catch the ball, but if this kid can get some good coaching and fit into the right system, he's going to be killer.

To state the obvious, Gates has a long way to go. There were a few plays where he completely burnt the CB and just ran along side the pass instead of making a play on it. Granted they were far from perfectly thrown balls and one of them was overthrown pretty bad during preseason. I remember being on a game day forum flipping out at him because he didn't make a play on the ball. He just dropped his hands and watched the ball fall while it looked like he was racing the ball. Hopefully he can deliver as a returner or learn to catch, or else I have a feeling he will just be a wasted roster spot.

No, he wasn't.

Anyway, this is the Palm Beach Post we're talking about here.

Back
Top Bottom