Coach Flore's Take on Rosen's Progress | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coach Flore's Take on Rosen's Progress

Flores can say whatever he wants but Rosen still has to do it out on the field. It's a shame he wasn't given a real chance to show what he could do. I hope we draft a QB. Not drafting a QB because Rosen is "making progress" in practice is just silly.

Any one know if Fitz's shoulder is still bothering him?
Wondering if he is pumping up Rosen's tyres in case he needs him.

Not trying to down play any thing , as on other threads I would like to see Rosen get a second chance to see if he has learn't from previous performances.

Flores can say whatever he wants but Rosen still has to do it out on the field. It's a shame he wasn't given a real chance to show what he could do. I hope we draft a QB. Not drafting a QB because Rosen is "making progress" in practice is just silly.

Partly agree. I've said elsewhere, there are practice HOFrs who are pedestrian in games. Anyone who's played organized sports has seen them. Doesn't mean Rosen is pedestrian. Doesn't mean he's HOF. It means fans don't know and anyone making a flat statement of fact is advertising stupidity. Personally, I'd like to see Rosen get at least a half of playing time this year, but it's Flo's call.
Given that, everyone needs to remember the distinction between 'what would I do' vs. 'what do we think Flo will do?' Seldom are those the same. It isn't unreasonable Rosen has shown enough progress he will be penciled in as starter. But, it is just as reasonable Miami will draft a QB. FH could use a lot more 'no one knows.'

Would not be surprised in the Phins bypass the QB until the late in the draft if at all.

Rosen's raw talent level in head and shoulders than most of the QB's in this year's draft.
Be surprised if they didn't draft a QB. Taking a page from the NE book they drafted QB's to try and give Brady some competition so regardless how Fitz or Rosen finish the season I think they will bring in another body.

Would not be surprised in the Phins bypass the QB until the late in the draft if at all.

Rosen's raw talent level in head and shoulders than most of the QB's in this year's draft.
Depends what you mean by late. I can't see them waiting past rd2, unless they are more sure about Rosen than would seem warrented.

I think it really is a fluid situation, depending on draft position, their interest in Herbert, possible trade scenarios, etc.

Last edited:
Partly agree. I've said elsewhere, there are practice HOFrs who are pedestrian in games. Anyone who's played organized sports has seen them. Doesn't mean Rosen is pedestrian. Doesn't mean he's HOF. It means fans don't know and anyone making a flat statement of fact is advertising stupidity. Personally, I'd like to see Rosen get at least a half of playing time this year, but it's Flo's call.
Given that, everyone needs to remember the distinction between 'what would I do' vs. 'what do we think Flo will do?' Seldom are those the same. It isn't unreasonable Rosen has shown enough progress he will be penciled in as starter. But, it is just as reasonable Miami will draft a QB. FH could use a lot more 'no one knows.'
This is why I said I HOPE we draft a QB. Doesn't mean they will and I agree that what we think the team should do and what they actually will do are two different things. This team base has been waiting for us to have a top QB for a long time and after they blew up the team this past off season the hope has been that they'll bring in a QB that will make the fans have some hope.

I don't think Rosen is that big hope the fan base has been waiting for.

Making the right read is great but he has to do it at game speed. It doesn’t help if he throws to the right guy late and behind
That's true, but it was pretty apparent that he wasn't properly coached, and wasn't armed with the required knowledge to be able to function within the framework of the offensive system.

He may still not be able to process quickly, but knowing what the hell he is doing, and why certainly should help.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom