Coach Flore's Take on Rosen's Progress | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coach Flore's Take on Rosen's Progress

Which is all relative to expectations.

We are just bypassing the fact that most of our plays had no chance before the snap. Rarely was a blitzer ever picked up. Rarely did a running play gain even 3 YARDS. Not 5, not 8, 2-3 yards was a successful running play.

NO QB would be effective on this team. None.

I can live with imperfect plays from a 22 year old QB making his first start with the team on a historically bad roster.

Your convinced Tom Brady and Drew Brees in their prime could've had solid performances with constant pressure and no running game. You give QB's too much credit and too much blame.

This past week was the first we had a 15+ yard rush the entire season. This is not normal. It's not bad. It's epic.

I am not putting Rosen in the hall of fame, I'm doing what you do when you evaluate 22 year olds. You look at the positives and try and correct the negatives. In this scenario nothing could possibly be corrected until next season.

For the first games of the season we saw NOTHING but negatives. NOTHING. Couldn't get to midfield.

It's all relative to expectations.

When you go from historically bad to should've been leading at half time, that's a monumental plus.

I know that the Cowboys and Chargers were worried at half time, when the rest of the world thought we'd be down 30.

I feel like I’m pretty good at sniffing out qb problem from other problems around the qb and I will just say the qb play wasn’t up to snuff.

that doesn’t mean I wouldnt like to see him these last 2 games but appears that ship has sailed.

he may just need time.

there's a lot of things Rosen needs to improve on to be a quality starter in this league....and the list of things he does very well is short.

let him keep developing, draft a qb, see what happens

Agreed, why is that so hard for some to understand. It appears a lot of people are gearing up for "making some kind of run" in 2020. 2020 will be a lot more of the same with the exception that a few positions will see monumental leaps in talent. DE, OT, CB, RB. Mistakes are still going to happen because we are in fact going to get even younger.

80% of the roster could be cut tomorrow and we'd lose nothing. Evaluating the 10-11 guys worth keeping is virtually impossible, if we didn't know more about them before the season. IE Xavien Howard, Jerome Baker.

Only Jason Sanders can get a true evaluation after this season.

What's so bad about seeing what Josh Rosen can do when he knows he's not going to get pressured immediately on 75% of his throws. Let's see what Josh Rosen can do on 3rd and 3 and not 3rd and 13.

He can throw a football, he can move in the pocket, he's athletic, he's young, he's cheap. If you gotta problem with that? Well you won't be the head coach of the Miami Dolphins in 2020.

I'd be able to make a better assessment if this improvement in Rosen caused Flores to think "he gives us the best chance to win" now, inserts him as the starter over Fitzy and watch him play the last couple games and see it on the field.
I really doubt that Flo gives a damn if you or I have the opportunity to make a better assessment.

If he doesn't see the value in playing Rosen, he isn't going to do it.

This is an 0-13 roster, regardless of the actual record.

We need FORTY new players.

FORTY.

Eric Rose, Allen Hurns and Jessie Davis are "keepers" on this team.

Which is all relative to expectations.

We are just bypassing the fact that most of our plays had no chance before the snap. Rarely was a blitzer ever picked up. Rarely did a running play gain even 3 YARDS. Not 5, not 8, 2-3 yards was a successful running play.

NO QB would be effective on this team. None.

I can live with imperfect plays from a 22 year old QB making his first start with the team on a historically bad roster.

Your convinced Tom Brady and Drew Brees in their prime could've had solid performances with constant pressure and no running game. You give QB's too much credit and too much blame.

This past week was the first we had a 15+ yard rush the entire season. This is not normal. It's not bad. It's epic.

I am not putting Rosen in the hall of fame, I'm doing what you do when you evaluate 22 year olds. You look at the positives and try and correct the negatives. In this scenario nothing could possibly be corrected until next season.

For the first games of the season we saw NOTHING but negatives. NOTHING. Couldn't get to midfield.

It's all relative to expectations.

When you go from historically bad to should've been leading at half time, that's a monumental plus.

I know that the Cowboys and Chargers were worried at half time, when the rest of the world thought we'd be down 30.
You're not evaluating anything relative to age. You literally said you'd take THAT for an entire season next year. That is by definition implying that his play was at worst good.

As for having constant pressure and no running game, the other quarterback that is starting games for us, a lifetime journeyman, is putting together solid performances and actual WINS with the same hamstrung roster, so don't throw out Rosen's garbage performances because it's entirely possible to look better than Rosen played and the required talent to do so isn't Brady or Brees. It's Ryan effing Fitzpatrick.

As for "For the first games of the season we saw NOTHING but negatives. NOTHING. Couldn't get to midfield."... you know we scored 10 points against Baltimore, right? In the first half? Rosen scored 6 against Dallas for the entire game and you're claiming that was an improvement.

This just wreaks of damage control.

Some of you guys have completely wiped the first two weeks out of your memory bank.

Completely dismissing what a team that loses by an average of 46 points really looks like.

Must be nice.

Some of you guys have completely wiped the first two weeks out of your memory bank.

Completely dismissing what a team that loses by an average of 46 points really looks like.

Must be nice.
Hey, bro.

Quick logic question for ya.

If a team gives up 42 points in a half and scores 10, and then the next game gives up 10 and scores 6.... which facet of the team played better?

Whether or not ROSEN turns out to be the answer is open to debate.

What is NOT open to debate is he has never been taught how to play QB at any significant level in the past. Here is the easiest example, I assume you recall when Coach FLORES said ROSEN has never had to ID the MLB at the line of scrimmage? Think about what that means, seriously.

I suspect there is a lot of work that is being done with him and he is a 22-year-old kid and his head is swimming in learning how actually to play QB, not just throw the ball around.

I am curious if he wants to be an NFL QB, if he does well he has the tools. I do not particularly see a QB in next years draft that I REALLY want, so do we waste draft capital or do we build the team. Take enough shots at the position in FA/DRAFT and it will work out....eventually.

That mike stuff with rosen might have something to do with why he doesn’t recognize in the tight red where immediate pressure is coming from.

not so much with the actual mike Id itself but with the los setting/slanting of protections and knowing where the free man will come from pre snap. The man the qb is responsible for etc.

It all goes hand in hand.

it’s also something that can develop etc with situational reps.

"Taking command of the huddle, going through his progression, making the right reads, putting the ball where he needs to put it; whether it's making the right reads, throwing the football away, sliding when he has to slide. We do that in practice. I think he's made a lot of progress.
Not sure how anyone can take anything away from this quote... It doesnt get more generic than this... This quote could be used for about 95% of the QBs currently under contract in the NFL...

Not sure how anyone can take anything away from this quote... It doesnt get more generic than this... This quote could be used for about 95% of the QBs currently under contract in the NFL...
It's not the quote itself, rather that this is not the type of quote you typically get from Flo.

Could it be "wishful thinking", or reading more into it than is actually there? Possibly, or it could be a signal that coach is satisfied enough with how JR has progressed, to throw him some props.

I keep repeating myself to all of you over and over. Josh Rosen will be here next year bank it. Fitz will be here next year bank it. Jake Rudock will be here next year bank it. Then you draft not 1 but 2 rookie QB's in the 2020 draft. Whoever they are. We have 14 picks use them! Plus, we have compensatory picks as well Titans, Broncos, Saints. You have a competition for the job as Flores wants that for every position. Best performance in OTA's, Training Camp, and Pre-season wins the starting job. The worst 2 performances gets cut regardless of who the **** they are. Capisci. You keep 4 QB's 1 to PS whoever that may be. 3 on the 53. (My guess it will be Fitz, Rosen, and a rookie (insert name here). If Fitz is better than both of them, then Fitz starts and the rest watch. But, my guess is Josh Rosen starts as he will be 1 year into the system and nails it as he improves. Fitz mentors the rookie (insert name here). We need a veteran to teach these boys to become leaders and to become competent franchise QB's. In free agency will solidify the OL getting 3 good starters, draft 3 OL. WE MUST SOLIDIFY THE GODDAMN OFFENSIVE LINE!!!! We need a POWER BULL RUSHING RB (draft or FA). Our WR's are set with mainstays and (maybe 1 in the draft to complement). 1 blocking/catching TE in the draft or FA. This has been the plan all along since MARCH 2019. It's not going to change till then. GET YOUR FRANCHISE QB with a pick in the 1 round plus another option in the later rounds always! Then in 2021 you do it again! Keep doing it till you find him. Hopefully we find him in 2020. There is no guarantees we still need more pieces and you keep building till it is solid and competitive to become a legit SUPER BOWL contender for many years to come. That's what we are all striving for. GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Rosen scored 6 against Dallas for the entire game and you're claiming that was an improvement.

This just wreaks of damage control.

Yes, it was a huge improvement. Fitzpatrick's TD when we were down 42-3.

You say Rosen only scored 6 points, you disregard the actual the plays of the game. Again, you can't blame Rosen for Kenyan Drake fumbling on first goal from the 5? Can you? Rhetorical question obviously you can because that's what you do. You can't blame Rosen for Williams not hanging onto a great throw in the back of back of the endzone, after making great throws to get them into the redzone, another rhetoical question because obviously you say things like "Rosen only scored 6 points" to fit your narrative.

Rosen should be given more credit for that Dallas game when we actually had more yards than Dallas into the third quarter.

Yes, it was a huge improvement. Fitzpatrick's TD when we were down 42-3.

You say Rosen only scored 6 points, you disregard the actual the plays of the game. Again, you can't blame Rosen for Kenyan Drake fumbling on first goal from the 5? Can you? Rhetorical question obviously you can because that's what you do. You can't blame Rosen for Williams not hanging onto a great throw in the back of back of the endzone, after making great throws to get them into the redzone, another rhetoical question because obviously you say things like "Rosen only scored 6 points" to fit your narrative.

Rosen should be given more credit for that Dallas game when we actually had more yards than Dallas into the third quarter.
They scored 6 points, remember? Idgaf about Williams dropping a TD pass (it was knocked away) or Drake fumbling. That sucks and those things aren't on Rosen.

What is on Rosen? The fact that the team only made it into field goal range 3 times throughout an entire football game. Fitz sucked in the red zone last game, but they still scored 21 points regardless because he actually got the team there a bazillion times. Rosen didn't. That's YOUR narrative that you're concocting.

Back
Top Bottom