Coach Flore's Take on Rosen's Progress | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coach Flore's Take on Rosen's Progress

Not sure how anyone can take anything away from this quote... It doesnt get more generic than this... This quote could be used for about 95% of the QBs currently under contract in the NFL...

HC is saying he's improved in all those things. And by his relative enthusiasm and expression, it's satisfactory progress. Yes, that's speculation. But it's based on "something", rather than the "nothing" we often find here to back up opinion.

It's not the quote itself, rather that this is not the type of quote you typically get from Flo.

Could it be "wishful thinking", or reading more into it than is actually there? Possibly, or it could be a signal that coach is satisfied enough with how JR has progressed, to throw him some props.
HC is saying he's improved in all those things. And by his relative enthusiasm and expression, it's satisfactory progress. Yes, that's speculation. But it's based on "something", rather than the "nothing" we often find here to back up opinion.
Still didnt improve enough to give the Fins a better chance to win than Ryan Fitzpatrick... I think actions speak louder than words but thats just me I guess...

Still didnt improve enough to give the Fins a better chance to win than Ryan Fitzpatrick... I think actions speak louder than words but thats just me I guess...
That seems to me like a very superficial view.

Fitz has so much more experience, that he's more likely to be sucessful with a horseshit line, and no running game. You can't teach experience.

I'm not saying Rosen is the answer, but I do take the circumstances into account.

My interest is whether Rosen will be ready to try again next year? While it would be interesting, I'd rather not see Rosen fighting to perform while injury risk is high behind that line and the blocking of rookie running backs. I think we all have sneaky suspicions that some of our players are being held out (conserved) for reasons not talked about in press conferences.

Fitz has so much more experience, that he's more likely to be sucessful with a horseshit line, and no running game. You can't teach experience.
Ryan Fitzpatrick is a bad QB, he has never been successful in a plethora of opportunities so I dont know why he's suddenly more likely to be "successful" in this situation, over a guy you seem to think might just be the future QB of this franchise. Reality is, the simple fact is Rosen is backing up a career 78 rating QB because he cant beat him for the job...
I think we all have sneaky suspicions that some of our players are being held out (conserved) for reasons not talked about in press conferences.
Be honest here, do you really think Rosen isnt playing because they are protecting him? or could it be because he simply didnt look like an NFL QB when they put him in?

When Flores talks like that it screams pre snap and progression read qb

that’s more the jake Fromm type than anyone else in this class

Fromm looks like a 5th rounder out there, and he has for several weeks.

Be honest here, do you really think Rosen isnt playing because they are protecting him? or could it be because he simply didnt look like an NFL QB when they put him in?
I honestly don't know. But I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. Would you be? I think no one knows except our coaching staff and GM.

P.S. And probably the Patriots lol

Right now I dont feel comfortable if I was head coach in Rosen. I could be wrong but Rosen need be playing like every other first or second year Qb. Yes I love way Fitzpatrick playing but our Qb position syck for future. If u get Tua it still big question mark. Flores could be fired by than. We are in a rough spot.

a 3-10 team is starting a 37 year old QB and not a kid taken in the top 10 that they traded for.

whatever you need to tell yourself...

You mean like Mayfield, Darnold and
yes he need at leased be on thier level of play as first round qb. Rosen need be playing. It allright if u behind Rogers or tom brady but Fitzpatrick for whole season??. Something ain't right.

Last edited:
I don't agree that it's much indication at all. Fitz would be an asset to the team with 2 young guys, and I don't think keeping 3 QBs is out of the question, especially considering the cost of all three put together would still be very small.

Regardless of the cost, I can't see any scenario where they pick a qb in the first round and keep BOTH the other guys. Rosen has to have a reasonable chance to play or should be traded.

I really doubt that Flo gives a damn if you or I have the opportunity to make a better assessment.

If he doesn't see the value in playing Rosen, he isn't going to do it.
I didn't think he would. My point was that if he is progressing so well it's unfortunate it isn't enough to unseat the Fitzman.

Back
Top Bottom