Coach Flore's Take on Rosen's Progress | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coach Flore's Take on Rosen's Progress

short sighted and weak? tell that to arizona who took him 10th overall then traded him just 1 year later for far less. and how long did it take for our staff to move on?

it's not short sighted man, it's just accepting the kid doesn't have "it"
Kingsbury, who couldn't even win with Mahomes was over-hired and had to have Murray who fit his "system" which if it had worked in college, he wouldn't have a losing record. And last I looked, Murray and Rosen both had won 3 out of 13 games despite the supposed upgrades this year.

Let's not forget that with a supposedly offensive minded, innovative system HC and some player and coaching upgrades, the great Kyler Murray has won 3 games out of 13, (granted, tied Detroit early on before film of him was out) as did Rosen last year.

Exactly... I don’t know If Rosen will have the lightbulb go on or not? But we should coach him up... improve this team and see what we really have as the kid has a big arm.

Why Fitzpatrick is playing, Fitz might have had a very unimpressive (but fun) career, but he's playing very well right now, considering the circumstances. I'd say overall he's having his best season ever. Have you noticed he's not going through his usual ups and downs? He's been very steady and consistent, and he's clearly better than a green rookie.

Will we pick a QB in the draft, it's extremely hard to imagine they won't, no matter how they feel about Rosen. There'll be huge pressure to. And unfortunately, the pressure is then to play THAT guy, even if Rosen winds up being the better player (likely for another team). It's the politics of the game. Media and fan pressure count. I hope I'm wrong, but if we choose a QB #1 we'll probably trade Rose later that day, like the Cardinals did. In today's game, there seems to be no room for two highly touted QBs in the same team, for whatever reason.

Rosens contract is team friendly and developing him is the only smart course of action.... he will compete with a rookie and another Vet.

Proof is in the pudding counted with wins and losses. I thought RT was a good fit for the Titans. Look at him light it up with a good running game, decent D and no pressure. Rosen can do the same.

Proof is in the pudding counted with wins and losses. I thought RT was a good fit for the Titans. Look at him light it up with a good running game, decent D and no pressure. Rosen can do the same.

No pressure? <clears throat> The Titan QBs have taken only two fewer sacks than Miami's in 2019. They are ranked 30th in the league in sacks taken, while Miami is 32. I've watched a few of Tannehill's games with the Titans. Believe it or not, he's lighting things up, despite having a pitiful offensive line. Play action, with a great running game, is helping him do that.

I do agree that Rosen may be able to do the same, or better, when get a few better players blocking for him, a running game and a decent defense.

Last edited:
It will boil down to what the coach and Gm think of Rosen. Sound like trade bait too me.

Last edited:
There really is no way to tell if Rosen can improve his abilities. We do not see him at practice. We do not know the plan for coaching him up. I have been impressed with the ability of the staff to develop the players we have seen, but I have not seen Rosen in a game after the time they have invested to work on his skills.
Yes, but if I make an absolute prediction now, I can reference, or even link to it in a few years and show everyone I was right. If I am wrong, who cares? I can just let it kind of float into the past and by then be making other predictions with all of the apparent confidence in the world, while telling anyone who disagrees with me they are idiots / delusional, thus continuing the cycle of inflating my ego.:woot:

If the all-knowing ability we sometimes see on boards was real, front offices would be combing fan sites to find the next great GM. There's a reason they aren't.

Last edited:
Let's not forget that with a supposedly offensive minded, innovative system HC and some player and coaching upgrades, the great Kyler Murray has won 3 games out of 13, (granted, tied Detroit early on before film of him was out) as did Rosen last year.
This is the lazy analysis that I expect out of anybody that backs Rosen. You used a team statistic to compare two individual players as if that means anything at all.

Rosen had a 66.7 QB rating with a single game high QB rating of 88. Kyler Murrray has an 86.9 QB rating with 3 games over 100 and 2 games over 128 with an extra 448 rushing yards and 4 TDs. He has also still dealt with the same terrible offensive line as he's the most sacked QB in the league. He's leading the 22nd rank offense averaging 20.1ppg. Rosen lead the 32nd ranked offense averaging 14.1ppg.

But you're right... They're the same!

There must be a lot of mental gymnastics going on to convince yourself that the reason Rosen isn't good is because he was never taught to identify the middle linebacker. Don't you think Arizona could have thought the same thing and kept their 1st round pick investment and instead, you know, kept him and taught him instead of trading him for a 2nd rounder just a year later?

I would put him into an open QB competition with Fitz and our newly drafted QB, but what's your definition of "getting his shot"? Giving him the starting job?

He beat out Fitz already

In pre-season
Fitz was awful
Most were unhappy when Fitz was named starter
He may have made more plays against 2nd/3rd stringers, but I doubt Flo makes the determination based on that.

Fitz beat out Rosen on the practice field, because he had a higher understanding of the offense, protections, and required pre/post snap reads.

Yes, but if I make an absolute prediction now, I can reference, or even link to it in a few years and show everyone I was right. If I am wrong, who cares? I can just let it kind of float into the past and by then be making other predictions with all of the apparent confidence in the world, while telling anyone who disagrees with me they are idiots / delusional, thus continuing the cycle of inflating my ego.:woot:

If the all-knowing ability we sometimes see on boards was real, front offices would be combing fan sites to find the next great GM. There's a reason they aren't.

There are a few on this board who are right far more often than the conglomeration of knuckleheads making decisions on NFL teams. You don't need to know anything about football to buy a team and hire who you see fit. All you have to do to get a job in the NFL is have an in. Be a kid of a former coach? Good enough.

People act like NFL coaches & scouts are some elite commodity but they're mainly doofuses who never should've had the job to begin with. I mean, look at the intense disparity in talent in the NFL right now. It ain't hard to see who has a semblance of an idea what they're doing.

Back
Top Bottom