Coaching Candidate Tracker | Page 62 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coaching Candidate Tracker

Do any of you have this feeling that all of the head coaching candidates this year are subpar?? The vibe on these guys seem underwhelming. 🤷‍♂️
I have some hope for Daboll as a first time HC
He has 20 years in NFL and I feel he would choose competent assistants

Nope. Recruits could get out of their LoI if the coach leaves so him staying until after NSD makes zero difference because it's not like he's tricking those kids into locking into Michigan.

If he was going to leave, the recruiting timelines would have zero impact on that decision.
Besides, how much of an ass hole would he need to be to do this? Harbaugh isnt a con man ffs...

Nope. Recruits could get out of their LoI if the coach leaves so him staying until after NSD makes zero difference because it's not like he's tricking those kids into locking into Michigan.

If he was going to leave, the recruiting timelines would have zero impact on that decision.

Exactly. Has nothing to do with the recruiting cycle. People holding on to hope he’s coming for dear life just making up scenarios and why it hasn’t happened yet.

Give it up…

I agree but if he were to leave, would it look better to leave now or after NSD? I’m leaning more towards the guy being McDaniel, we shall see.

I agree but if he were to leave, would it look better to leave now or after NSD? I’m leaning more towards the guy being McDaniel, we shall see.
It would have looked better to leave over a week ago. It's not like he needs two weeks to make calls to see what staff would want to come with him or go through a formal interview process with an NFL team.

It was either going to happen quickly or not at all. He's not coming here.

It would have looked better to leave over a week ago. It's not like he needs two weeks to make calls to see what staff would want to come with him or go through a formal interview process with an NFL team.

It was either going to happen quickly or not at all. He's not coming here.
Mario Cristobal recruited till the very end before he left for UM, Harbaugh is still recruiting and won’t do Michigan like that if he’s really considering leaving to the NFL.
There’s many signs that are pointing to that possibility.

Mario Cristobal recruited till the very end before he left for UM, Harbaugh is still recruiting and won’t do Michigan like that if he’s really considering leaving to the NFL.
There’s many signs that are pointing to that possibility.
Mario Cristobal recruited until he decided to leave. That's not the same thing as Harbaugh knowing he's going to leave and then continuing to recruit anyway.

It looks like we’re down to McDaniels, Daboll, or Kellen Moore. I’m quite pleased and will be happy with any of the 3. Fins up in 2022!

So Harbaugh just lost his DC who helped turn that defense around and looks like Josh McDaniels is being targeted by the Raiders. If Harbaugh had any sense he would pick up the phone and talk to Ross.
His star will be no brighter, loses his DC and all that DLine talent? Back to getting shredded by OSU.
Fitzmagic

Think you may have hit the nail on the head.

Who says They haven't Talked?
Daboll available risk losing, Fins in no hurry
Harbaugh turned down Michigan contracts in which he's gotten what he asked for.
Wed. next week our org looking to have 2 interviews . Wed. National signing day (college), JH wouldn't leave before this (screws Michigan to much ).
Highly possible waiting for JH. Wouldn't be a huge surprise..... Now McDaniels possibly in the picture but ???
seriously showing signs of JH potential.....JMO

Last edited:
Mario Cristobal recruited until he decided to leave. That's not the same thing as Harbaugh knowing he's going to leave and then continuing to recruit anyway.
We really don’t know what went behind the scenes, for all we know Mario was in contact with UM while Manny Diaz was still HC. My point is, there are signs that point to the possibility of Harbaugh returning to the NFL, whether that’s Miami or not.

Kid signs with Michigan. Harbaugh leaves for the NFL. Kid changes mind and goes elsewhere if JH was the main reason for going to Michigan. Doesn't matter if JH leaves today, Feb. 2nd or the week(s) after.

Fitzmagic

Think you may have hit the nail on the head.

Who says They haven't Talked?
Daboll available risk losing, Fins in no hurry
Harbaugh turned down Michigan contracts in which he's gotten what he asked for.
Wed. next week our org looking to have 2 interviews . Wed. National signing day (college), JH wouldn't leave before this (screws Michigan to much ).
Highly possible waiting for JH. Wouldn't be a huge surprise..... Now McDaniels possibly in the picture but ???
seriously showing signs of JH potential.....JMO
That would be an awesome scenario. Slow playing, I wish Grier and Ross had the imagination we do.

The problem with slow playing things is that the Bears and Broncos are already building their staffs. You don't wanna be left with last picks.
I agree with you because sadly we know that Grier and Flores do not have the imagination to land Harbaugh. But I think if we get Daboll he will have a few guys lined up, McDaniel not so sure. I mean if the rumors are true we only have to worry about the offensive coaches getting lined up, lol

If they really wanted daboll they could have already made it happen not sure he's the number one choice

Back
Top Bottom