Coaching Staff's First Mistake !!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coaching Staff's First Mistake !!!

phinking

Active Roster
Reaction score
Rob Ninkovich has been the teams best pass rusher this Pre-Season. For the Dolphins to release him was a BIG mistake. Charley Anderson is clearly injury-prone and Quentin Moses doesn't look like a very physical LB. Ninkovich outplayed them both.

Rob Ninkovich has been the teams best pass rusher this Pre-Season. For the Dolphins to release him was a BIG mistake. Charley Anderson is clearly injury-prone and Quentin Moses doesn't look like a very physical LB. Ninkovich outplayed them both.

I must say I was surprise too, but we've seen players in the preseason for years who do well and then disapear in the regular season.. but like you, I think he should have been kept over dotson...even though he was a draft pick..but we'll see, remember the bottom halve doesn't start and won't see the field as must as you're starters..

although he totally and completely sucked nutz last year, i agree that he has looked very good this year and i was shocked to see he was cut, however, its obvious the coaching staff knows him better than i do and since they released him he is not good enough to be a miami dolphin...

No more underachievers on this team!

I trust the FO more than i trust you. No disrespect to you, but they dont this before so im sure they know what they're doing.

nahhh...Rob was ONE of the best this preseason,but not the best....if id had to say the best,it HAD to be between Jason Ferguson and Randy Starks...go back and look at ALL 4 games....both of them just wouldnt stop....especially Starks....and its impressive for Ferguson because of his age...

Ninkovich had a good pre-season, and I was surprised he was let go. Especially considering that Lionel Dotson really didn't do anything during camp or in pre-season games. I still think we add another ILB and waive Dotson in the next day or so. Torbor is the only backup ILB on the roster, and he's probably the main backup at SOLB, too. We need another ILB.

Rob Ninkovich has been the teams best pass rusher this Pre-Season. For the Dolphins to release him was a BIG mistake. Charley Anderson is clearly injury-prone and Quentin Moses doesn't look like a very physical LB. Ninkovich outplayed them both.[/quote

I must say I was surprised too, but like I stated a week ago there will be some major cuts. We need to make room for areas that we need to fill. I think the FO and coaching staff knows our players better than we do . But if is a mistake ... it cant be as bad as these .

Forcing Shula to retire..... believe it or not everything went down hill from there

Hiring JJ ..... Made Dan retire

Hiring ,,,, Dave W, Saben,Cam, Spielman

giving a 2nd for Feeley
giving a 2nd for Culpepper

1st pick ..... Flecher
1st pick for J Allen ...... was not worth a 16th pick in the first rd

you can also add maybe giving two 1st rd picks for ,Ricky smoke alot Williams , if he did not flake out it would of been worth the picks lets see how he does this year I like him alot .

So even if they made a mistake ....... cant be a bad as these :lol:

Guys please understand I'm not ready to hang Coach Sparano over this decision. But can anyone who saw all 4 pre-season games agree he outplayed Charley Anderson and Quentin Moses?
Remember, last year he was a DE; this year he was moved to LOLB and he seemed to be flourishing beautifully.

nahhh...Rob was ONE of the best this preseason,but not the best....if id had to say the best,it HAD to be between Jason Ferguson and Randy Starks...go back and look at ALL 4 games....both of them just wouldnt stop....especially Starks....and its impressive for Ferguson because of his age...
I didn't say he was their best Defensive Player, I said he was their best Pass Rusher.

Guys please understand I'm not ready to hang Coach Sparano over this decision. But can anyone who saw all 4 pre-season games agree he outplayed Charley Anderson and Quentin Moses?
Remember, last year he was a DE; this year he was moved to LOLB and he seemed to be flourishing beautifully.

i agree.. but there was obviously something the coaches didnt like about him that we didnt see. Maybe he gets winded too fast, maybe he cant make plays on his own and need help from other members hence his preseason success.. who knows.. Could be anything.. But the coaches, who evaluate him everyday saw something they didnt like

We all understand where you are coming from but you need to look at it this way ..... It is pre season, every year good players get cut, it sucks but thats the way it is we make some mistakes but then we make good choices. This team need so much I give anyone who is running this time at this time total respect because look what they had to work with .

Back
Top Bottom