Coaching Staff's First Mistake !!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coaching Staff's First Mistake !!!

I would love to get Tony Sparano's reason for waiving him. I'm taking this hard, much like I did when Saban released FB-Heath Evans 2 years ago.

ninkovich played against third or second stringers, to get a sack against those fools doesn't mean a thing, if he couldn't beat carey/long in practice, he's not worth the roster spot

ninkovich played against third or second stringers, to get a sack against those fools doesn't mean a thing, if he couldn't beat carey/long in practice, he's not worth the roster spot
You may have a point there. I just would like to get someone on the inside to address this.

Whatever the reason, I'm sure the staff knows best. At least better than I do. So with that, I have to trust them.

Rob Ninkovich has been the teams best pass rusher this Pre-Season. For the Dolphins to release him was a BIG mistake. Charley Anderson is clearly injury-prone and Quentin Moses doesn't look like a very physical LB. Ninkovich outplayed them both.
While I was a little surprised to see him cut I think you are only seeing half the evaluation process. Rob looked pretty good when he got into the games but, if I recall correctly, he never lined up with the first team defense in practice or in the games. Perhaps if he had performed in practice like he performed in the games, he may still be with the team.

While I agree he had his moments, as some have mentioned, it was mostly against second and third-team offensive linemen. Charlie Anderson missed time due to injury, but I noticed him getting into the backfield in the Saints game. The battle was between Moses and Ninkovich, and they probably felt that Quentin had more upside.

I must say I was surprise too, but we've seen players in the preseason for years who do well and then disapear in the regular season.. but like you, I think he should have been kept over dotson...even though he was a draft pick..but we'll see, remember the bottom halve doesn't start and won't see the field as must as you're starters..
Two totally different positions. I don't think Ninkovich could play DE in the 3-4.

Our Super Bowl Hopes went right out the door the moment that Rob Ninkovich walked through it on his way to unemployment. How can this coaching staff and F/O be SO irresponsible as to cut Rob Ninkovich. There weren't meany reason why we'd go deep into the playoff's, but Rob Ninkovich was certainly one of them. He produced against other teams 2nd, 3rd, and 4th teamers better than anyone since Josh Heupel. WHAT are Jeff Ireland, Bill Parcells, and Tony Sparano thinking?

All us fans have to go on is what we have seen in games and in the games I constantly saw Ninkovich in the thick of things. I dont even recall seeing Moses do anything. I would much rather see Ninkovich than Moses on this team.

Our Super Bowl Hopes went right out the door the moment that Rob Ninkovich walked through it on his way to unemployment. How can this coaching staff and F/O be SO irresponsible as to cut Rob Ninkovich. There weren't meany reason why we'd go deep into the playoff's, but Rob Ninkovich was certainly one of them. He produced against other teams 2nd, 3rd, and 4th teamers better than anyone since Josh Heupel. WHAT are Jeff Ireland, Bill Parcells, and Tony Sparano thinking?

What are you smoking???? :sidelol:

phinking;1062597121 But can anyone who saw all 4 pre-season games agree he outplayed Charley Anderson [/quote said:
I was under the impression Anderson only played the last game do to injury.

Rob Ninkovich has been the teams best pass rusher this Pre-Season. For the Dolphins to release him was a BIG mistake. Charley Anderson is clearly injury-prone and Quentin Moses doesn't look like a very physical LB. Ninkovich outplayed them both.

Ninkovich played well against the Saints' backups on Thursday but you also have to keep in mind he was playing against his former team. Where were these back to back plays before?

making plays against future 9-5 ers isn't the same as playing against the big boys. ninkovich has a lot of heart and gives great effort but i kind of saw the writing on the wall when he never got any run against the other teams starters even as a rotational olb to see what he had.

i was shocked he even made the initial 53 to be honest.

as far as the regime making a mistake...i'm gonna roll with them on ninkovich prospects as an nfl contributor.

Back
Top Bottom