Coaching Staff's First Mistake !!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Coaching Staff's First Mistake !!!

was a bit surprises as well i was really pulling for him. I though he outshined quentin moses. and looked much faster than he did.

i agree i think he played better than Moses too.... but, i wouldnt call it a mistake... coaching staff saw something throughout practices i guess we did not. Ninky BLEW up his last game, and played ok throughout otherwise though... still i do think better than Moses.... not sure on the reasoning, but i would give the staff benefit of the doubt here... they with these guys and been doing this for long time!!!

I was surprised, but that was mostly based on watching him shine in the last preseason game where guys are desperate to make a play and catch someone’s eye. Might have been a little too late. Perhaps this is one of those guys that will show that our team does have some depth and some really good players. There was some knock that we weren’t good enough to cut good players. I hope everyone on our team is better than Nink.

Ninkovich would never survive at SOLB... He is STRICTLY a WOLB. This regime likes players that can play multiple positions. Quentin Moses is a quality WOLB, SOLB and a quality DE in the 4-3 on 3rd down situations. Anyone that saw the pre-season games closely knows that Moses is more valuable of a football player than Ninkovich is/was.

Look for Quentin Moses to explode this year with Porter and Charlie Anderson already having nursed some injuries before the season started. Moses has ALOT of pass rushing moves at his arsenal.

For anyone to say that Moses was outplayed by Ninkovich boggles my mind. Moses was consistently more than solid on sealing the edges, disrupting the pocket and covering his zone.

Moses was consistently more than solid on sealing the edges, disrupting the pocket and covering his zone.

When BP was developing DWare, a DE transitioning to OLB, fans were frustrated that Ware was dropping into coverage when all they wanted to see him rush the QB ala Merriman. Once Ware did not have to think but just react to the play, the leash came off.

According to LT, Bill did the same with him.

Rob Ninkovich has been the teams best pass rusher this Pre-Season. For the Dolphins to release him was a BIG mistake. Charley Anderson is clearly injury-prone and Quentin Moses doesn't look like a very physical LB. Ninkovich outplayed them both.

I remember watching Matt Roth have a great preseason last year and then disappear once the regular season started. IMO the veterans don't go full bore in the preseason. Especially on defense!
You see it time and time again especially in Quarterbacks where they look absolutly marvelous in the preseason and then once the regular season starts, the defense chews them up!

I think the coaches may know a tiny but more about their players than you do. :)

The Trifecta doesn't see it that way.

Guess what? They trump your "everyone"!

Yeah you're right, so no one here should ever again post an opinion that is contrary to what the Trifecta does. Never question a draft pick, a player cut, a free agent signed, who is or isn't starting, whatever. :err:

It might be one of those transaction where they bring the two cut players back after game 1 so they don't have to guarantee their contract for the year. We'll see.

It might be one of those transaction where they bring the two cut players back after game 1 so they don't have to guarantee their contract for the year. We'll see.

Ninkovich is not a vested veteran. His contract would not be guaranteed for the season by being on the roster for the first game.

Back
Top Bottom