Combine Talk | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Combine Talk

Under 6'3 and light in the pants for Ray…but about what I expected. Questions will be about if he can be an every down player which could maybe push him down to us…although he is going to wow people athletically so Im guessing not unfortunately.

Dynamic pass rusher…would be a great get.

Under 6'3 and light in the pants for Ray…but about what I expected. Questions will be about if he can be an every down player which could maybe push him down to us…although he is going to wow people athletically so Im guessing not unfortunately.

Dynamic pass rusher…would be a great get.

I think he's pretty bad at everything but pass rushing so seeing him outside top 10, wouldn't surprise me, and even pass rushing he has a lot of work to do for the NFL level.

But at 14 he's def an interesting prospect. Somewhere around 10-20 is where he belongs IMO.

I have Parker as an early 2nd RD guy in the same group as Coates and Smelter(11" hands). Parker is more polished, but I see both Coates and Smelter with much more upside. I don't think Parker will ever be a WR that commands double teams, and I'm not drafting a good WR (which Parker is) top 15. Cooper, DGB, and White are the only WR's that I'd consider at 14.

What's the deal with Smelter's ACL, JOTD? Is he participating at the combine or just there for interviews etc.?

I'd struggle to put a second round grade on a project WR with ACL trouble that isn't fully healed, even if I've liked Smelter for some time. Back when I was looking at him, he wasn't even in late round consideration. I'd still be interested in the mid-rounds, depending on the med reports.

Peeking at the combine while working, Clemmings looked pretty phenomenal in the movement drill. Haven't really seen anything else that has stood out.

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline
Tyler Kroft/TE/Rutgers strained his ankle during combine medicals as doctors twisted the joint too much. No 40 till pro-day.

Wonder if the doctor checking him out was Dr. Kevorkian.

Collins looked a bit heavy-footed in the pass pro drill. Erving good feet. Flowers quite uncoordinated. Fisher smooth again.

Somehow NFL Network says we have a need at OT but don't list us as having a need at OG...not sure what they were looking at.

Brian Billick @CoachBillick · 57m 57 minutes ago

LSU OT La'el Collins winning the day so far in early drills. Impressive feet...looked really good in exaggerated pass set drill.

Brian Billick @CoachBillick · 43m 43 minutes ago

Miami's OT Ereck Flowers looks like he'd get exposed quickly on edge. I'd move him inside as ROG and he could contribute from day 1 there.

Yeah I'm hearing more people projecting Ereck Flowers inside. He's definitely got the strength to play in a power scheme.

Ali Marpet is really surprising me. 30 reps (although he's got short arms for an OL), ran a 5.00 40 (fastest so far...1.74 10-yard split)...anxious to see how he does in drills.

my problem with the fishers and ervings is miami is soft enough on the oline and its an issue in our division...i dont want to get any softer...same for ogbuehi...my tackles are soft enough give me some pop in the hands as well as lateral athlete on the inside especially...our guard play is too much of a pillow fight

I think that will change once Turner is inserted into the starting lineup.

Parker also met with Oakland and Minnesota. Oakland ain't taking him that high. But Minnesota? They'd pair him with Teddy for sure.

With the comments made by AP yesterday about the Vikes organization many of the sports talkers in Minneapolis today think Melvin Gordon is definitely in play at 12. The also need a ton of help at G and in the secondary. I could easily see Zimmer wanting to go defense in the first because that side of the ball is definitely his favorite.

Mike Huguenin @MikeHuguenin · 19m 19 minutes ago

Miss St LB Bernardrick McKinney measures 6-4 and 246. Miami's Denzel Perryman: 5-10¾ and 236

Mike Huguenin @MikeHuguenin · 17m 17 minutes ago

Iowa DT Carl Davis weighs in at 6-4½ , 320 - - and wingspan of 84 ¾ is most of any d-lineman at combine.

TURRON DAVENPORT ‏@TDavenport_PPI

@OmarKelly Vic Beasley just said that he sees the Dolphins as a great fit for him. Likes the way Cameron Wake rushes QB. Will meet w/them.

Back
Top Bottom