Combine Talk | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Combine Talk

“@Gil_Brandt: Miami OT Ereck Flowers had 37 reps on the bench press. Big, strong kid. Only player I know of w/out agent at combine.”

Smh, these dudes are super humans.

Reading this stuff makes my own strength training seem so minimal.

so a legit 6 ft 3 and that massive wing span...40 is key cause his games finesse in a lot of regards...i like him...doesnt have coopers polish or whites upside which is why i think of those 3 he will go 3rd...cooper and white measuring out the way they did helps their causes too...

The thing you've got to remember with Parker (and I've said this before) is that he didn't necessarily get the best offensive coaching under Charlie Strong's staff. He started to get it under Bobby this season but then got hurt. There's more upside there to be had in him. A ton more upside.

Everyone seems to be pushing this theory, but IMO minny will go defense again, Zim is a defensive coach, and he wants to fix that defense for sure, he hit a home run with Barr and I think they'll continue to draft that style player super athletic/raw/defense, and IMO Peters fits that mold.

They could also go O-line with their pick. That unit for them was very bad, worse than the Fin's unit post Albert injury included. In a division with two 3-4 teams (GB and now Chi) and Detroit's monsters on the DL, O-line might be higher on my list than WR for them.

The thing you've got to remember with Parker (and I've said this before) is that he didn't necessarily get the best offensive coaching under Charlie Strong's staff. He started to get it under Bobby this season but then got hurt. There's more upside there to be had in him. A ton more upside.

in what way...route running and polish??? i don't really see physical upside...i think he needs to use his body more but at 209 lbs i doubt that's gonna do it...does he have the frame to carry more good weight and not scrape any speed etc??? looks lean in some areas

like a poor mans aj green type

“@Gil_Brandt: Miami OT Ereck Flowers had 37 reps on the bench press. Big, strong kid. Only player I know of w/out agent at combine.”

37 reps for a offensive tackle is freaking very impressive...he moves well too...that kid should go top 20...when i watched the canes he was the highest upside guy i saw and a legit tackle prospect

in what way...route running and polish??? i don't really see physical upside...i think he needs to use his body more but at 209 lbs i doubt that's gonna do it...does he have the frame to carry more good weight and not scrape any speed etc??? looks lean in some areas

like a poor mans aj green type

He's lanky for sure. I could see him playing at 215 to 220 with no problem. He's never going to be physical per se but his route running and polish will get a lot better.

i think he goes in the 10-15 slot...if he runs in the 4.4's i have no doubt he will...i didnt hear his combine measurables yet

i'm thinking 4.48

Parker measured 6'3" 209. 33 1/4" arm length, 9 1/4" hands. I'd be surprised if he runs sub 4.5.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

34 1/2" arm length and he got 37 reps...that's impressive.

Parker measured 6'3" 209. 33 1/4" arm length, 9 1/4" hands. I'd be surprised if he runs sub 4.5.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

34 1/2" arm length and he got 37 reps...that's impressive.

yeah those are left tackle measurables with right tackle road grader power...

so a legit 6 ft 3 and that massive wing span...40 is key cause his games finesse in a lot of regards...i like him...doesnt have coopers polish or whites upside which is why i think of those 3 he will go 3rd...cooper and white measuring out the way they did helps their causes too...

that college tape fits our offense to a t...just has to refine the route running on the quick slants and quick in cutters...needs to press the db more on some before the cut and drive hard on the cut...that routes a little lazy allowing defenders to at times arrive with the ball...and it's a staple of our offense

i agree with a lot with this. I'm not huge on Parker, but I'm not saying he is an awful talent in any way. He has a lot of upside but a lot of improving on as well. He does round his routes off and doesnt run physically or use his frame or hands physically, very finesse in his routes. he has the athletic ability to go up though and get the ball at highest point. but he doesnt create separation overly well and consistently. he needs much work in route running and footwork (which he has good quickness) in and out of breaks in various routes. He is work in progress, but upside is there.

i definitely have White and Cooper above him

I really don't think Parker needs to much work on his routes, they need some polish for sure, but he runs a lot of different routes, attacks all levels of the field. One thing I do worry about is his ability to build speed immediately. He def needs a few steps to get going.

I wouldn't be mad with White either, but one thing that has stood out watching more vid on White, he is incredibly stiff. He has very little wiggle or lateral ability, purely a straight line runner for the most part. He needs schemes that creates lanes for him, I'm not convinced he will be able to create them on his own with any consistency.

And again, as I've mentioned before, WVU player, the holy land of the dumb athlete.

I really don't think Parker needs to much work on his routes, they need some polish for sure, but he runs a lot of different routes, attacks all levels of the field. One thing I do worry about is his ability to build speed immediately. He def needs a few steps to get going.

I wouldn't be mad with White either, but one thing that has stood out watching more vid on White, he is incredibly stiff. He has very little wiggle or lateral ability, purely a straight line runner for the most part. He needs schemes that creates lanes for him, I'm not convinced he will be able to create them on his own with any consistency.

And again, as I've mentioned before, WVU player, the holy land of the dumb athlete.

that's true...and it's rare in this class especially...and i think i see that he understands zone concepts...knows when to sit in a hole over the corner and in front of the safety of cover 2 etc...looks plug and play to me...definitely can see the fit...and he's also a tough tackle with the ball in his hands offers rac etc...has a nice jab step he uses in the open field or working thru/across traffic as a ball carrier...

37 reps for a offensive tackle is freaking very impressive...he moves well too...that kid should go top 20...when i watched the canes he was the highest upside guy i saw and a legit tackle prospect

I would be cool taking Flowers, if we dropped down into the 20's, but not taking him at #14. We have Albert at LT. Maybe Flowers could play RT and move James inside to the Guard spot???

I would be cool taking Flowers, if we dropped down into the 20's, but not taking him at #14. We have Albert at LT. Maybe Flowers could play RT and move James inside to the Guard spot???

miami shouldnt take him but he's top 20 bpa imo...if miami goes oline top pick i think it should be the collins kid cause of the guard right tackle versatility...but i don't think it should be plan a either...i don't think any oline should be but if i got to take one i'd take collins

james is too soft to kick inside with...so i don't think there's any shot of that...

6'3" 209 lbs, 33 1/4" arms (80 inch wingspan), 9 1/4" hands

I'm thinking he runs around a 4.5. I was thinking mid 4.5s before but he's been training and his foot is now 100% so I'd say 4.45 to 4.5 in the forty.

Those are small hands for that height. But he catches the ball well so it probably won't be a concern for teams.

Back
Top Bottom