Combine Talk | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Combine Talk

that's true...and it's rare in this class especially...and i think i see that he understands zone concepts...knows when to sit in a hole over the corner and in front of the safety of cover 2 etc...looks plug and play to me...definitely can see the fit...and he's also a tough tackle with the ball in his hands offers rac etc...has a nice jab step he uses in the open field or working thru/across traffic as a ball carrier...

It really is a weird WR class, the talent is there, but somehow almost all of them suck. At what there Suppose to be good at, none of them are actually elite at.

And at what there bad at, it's like they didn't even try learning.

Such a confusing WR class. So many guys in this draft just trying to win by out running there opposition, you get the feeling this class is stacked with guys who will be out of the NFL in record time.

It really is a weird WR class, the talent is there, but somehow almost all of them suck. At what there Suppose to be good at, none of them are actually elite at.

And at what there bad at, it's like they didn't even try learning.

Such a confusing WR class. So many guys in this draft just trying to win by out running there opposition, you get the feeling this class is stacked with guys who will be out of the NFL in record time.

It's a big "yeah but" class. You can find something to love about so many WRs, then find a legit reason to say "Yeah... but..."

miami shouldnt take him but he's top 20 bpa imo...if miami goes oline top pick i think it should be the collins kid cause of the guard right tackle versatility...but i don't think it should be plan a either...i don't think any oline should be but if i got to take one i'd take collins

james is too soft to kick inside with...so i don't think there's any shot of that...

I'm on the same page....if it doesn't fall right La'el Collins LSU is my choice if we go O-line.

Fills left guard and tackle depth in one pick.

I have Parker as an early 2nd RD guy in the same group as Coates and Smelter(11" hands). Parker is more polished, but I see both Coates and Smelter with much more upside. I don't think Parker will ever be a WR that commands double teams, and I'm not drafting a good WR (which Parker is) top 15. Cooper, DGB, and White are the only WR's that I'd consider at 14.

miami shouldnt take him but he's top 20 bpa imo...if miami goes oline top pick i think it should be the collins kid cause of the guard right tackle versatility...but i don't think it should be plan a either...i don't think any oline should be but if i got to take one i'd take collins

james is too soft to kick inside with...so i don't think there's any shot of that...

yeah I like Flowers but dont think he is a need for Miami in the draft 1st round... great player prospect though.

i'm still interested in Collins but scared with the ability of him to move into guard position and pass block, as well as him being a possible T/G but not sure of yet. thoughts?

and does anyone have any interest in G- Josue Matias from Florida St.? I like this kid a lot, anchors well and is great in the passing game, great recognition picking up blitzes and stunts, communicator, and has good strength up front too in the running game. nice feet taboot.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Jake Fisher move up and become a popular pick for Miami at 14 for the same reasons that people (myself included) think La'el Collins makes a lot of sense at 14. Fisher is a very different player, but you can argue he's a better scheme fit for Miami. Going into the combine, I don't like him in the top 15, but I think he'd make sense in a trade-down scenario. Don't know how plausible a trade-down is with this group, but it's a good year to pick up an extra 2nd.

my problem with the fishers and ervings is miami is soft enough on the oline and its an issue in our division...i dont want to get any softer...same for ogbuehi...my tackles are soft enough give me some pop in the hands as well as lateral athlete on the inside especially...our guard play is too much of a pillow fight

my problem with the fishers and ervings is miami is soft enough on the oline and its an issue in our division...i dont want to get any softer...same for ogbuehi...my tackles are soft enough give me some pop in the hands as well as lateral athlete on the inside especially...our guard play is too much of a pillow fight

I agree. I just don't know if they see it that way, and if they were to go the way I think they will, at least Fisher is a good player.

great call here.... and you are the first to mention that with Ogbuehi too... I agree

I don't think those are small hands. Same size as Calvin Johnson

If they're the same size as Calvin Johnson, then Calvin Johnson has small hands. Jarvis Landry has 10 1/4 inch hands, for example. Dez Bryant is 6'2 and has 9 3/4 inch hands. Josh Gordon's hands are 10 inches. In a perfect world that's what you want to see. Is it the end all be all? No. It's a means to an end, which is being a consistent hands catcher. But it's definitely considered a negative to have small hands, and 9 1/4 is fairly small. Just the way it is.

If you dont want to see inconsistent hands stay away from parkers sophomore tape...although i have to say i think hes cleaned up some of that...i dont think hes a plucks the ball out of the air guy...so i'd plan for some drops...no one on this teams gonna have better hands than jarvis landry before hes done...thats as natural as it gets

Parker lets the ball get into his body at times but with his size against smaller dbs it doesnt bother me as much...id love to see him pluck it away from his body but i dont expect it much which is why he needs to play to his size consistently...well that and the finesse style in some regards says to me play to your measurables...

I wouldn't be shocked to see Jake Fisher move up and become a popular pick for Miami at 14 for the same reasons that people (myself included) think La'el Collins makes a lot of sense at 14. Fisher is a very different player, but you can argue he's a better scheme fit for Miami. Going into the combine, I don't like him in the top 15, but I think he'd make sense in a trade-down scenario. Don't know how plausible a trade-down is with this group, but it's a good year to pick up an extra 2nd.

I've been a big fan of Fisher for a while. Check out his 2013 RT Film. Or any film really.

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

I like Flowers too

I think the DE's and DTs measure in this morning some time. Kind of hoping Ray comes in small…theres an off chance if he does that he could fall to 14 and that would be a damn good thing

Back
Top Bottom