Comment from Ross that points to Aponte's power in the organization | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Comment from Ross that points to Aponte's power in the organization

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Noone seems to have really latched on to this, but Ross made a telling comment during the press conference today. The Dolphins would have us believe that Aponte reports to Hickey. Well, here is a quote directly from Ross today:

http://www.miamidolphins.com/multim...he-Media/9b2403bd-1343-4430-b240-2b9ab4b200b4

"We started our search. I was joined by Carl Peterson, Matt Higgins, Tom Garfinkle our CEO as well as Dawn Aponte. And everyone really looked at the organization first to try to decide what would be the best" (3 Min Mark)

OK, so Aponte has so much clout within the organization that she is one of four trusted advisors to the owner that sat down with him to formulate a gameplan on how to approach the GM search. This is good company to be in, and would point to a substantial influence with the owner... But then, Ross said the following:

"In terms of what the organization will be. Dennis will be the GM. He will be responsible for the 53 Man roster and he will work with the rest of the organization. Dawn Aponte will be reporting to him and assisting him and working with Coach Philbin to bring the Miami Dolphins back to the prominence that we all want." (4 Min Mark)

Does. Not. Compute. How could someone with so much power like Aponte, a person who was one of 4 people tasked with establishing the vision of the Dolphins and leading the GM search, then turn around and report to the GM she just had a substantial role in hiring?

"In terms of what the organization will be. Dennis will be the GM. He will be responsible for the 53 Man roster and he will work with the rest of the organization. Dawn Aponte will be reporting to him and assisting him and working with Coach Philbin to bring the Miami Dolphins back to the prominence that we all want." (4 Min Mark)

Does. Not. Compute. How could someone with so much power like Aponte, a person who was one of 4 people tasked with establishing the vision of the Dolphins and leading the GM search, then turn around and report to the GM she just had a substantial role in hiring?

I dont get it....what is it that you think you uncovered in Ross' quote? It sounds pretty clear to me....Aponte will report to Hickey.

I dont get it....what is it that you think you uncovered in Ross' quote? It sounds pretty clear to me....Aponte will report to Hickey.

The 1st quote doesn't jive with the 2nd quote. That's what.

The 1st quote doesn't jive with the 2nd quote. That's what.

It jives with me. Its pretty common in corporate America that all execs are involved in the interview process when a new executive is hired, regardless of the corporate hierarchy.

It jives with me. Its pretty common in corporate America that all execs are involved in the interview process when a new executive is hired, regardless of the corporate hierarchy.

If that were the case, where was Philbin? Isn't he an "executive"?

I think it was pretty clear Ross was naming his most trusted advisors who were heading up the GM search and were helping set a vision for the organization. If Ross considers Aponte an advisor, that's a problem for the organizational structure.

Aponte must be juicy.

If that were the case, where was Philbin? Isn't he an "executive"?

I think it was pretty clear Ross was naming his most trusted advisors who were heading up the GM search and were helping set a vision for the organization. If Ross considers Aponte an advisor, that's a problem for the organizational structure.
Philbin met separately with the candidates.

Noone seems to have really latched on to this, but Ross made a telling comment during the press conference today. The Dolphins would have us believe that Aponte reports to Hickey. Well, here is a quote directly from Ross today:

http://www.miamidolphins.com/multim...he-Media/9b2403bd-1343-4430-b240-2b9ab4b200b4

"We started our search. I was joined by Carl Peterson, Matt Higgins, Tom Garfinkle our CEO as well as Dawn Aponte. And everyone really looked at the organization first to try to decide what would be the best" (3 Min Mark)

OK, so Aponte has so much clout within the organization that she is one of four trusted advisors to the owner that sat down with him to formulate a gameplan on how to approach the GM search. This is good company to be in, and would point to a substantial influence with the owner... But then, Ross said the following:

SkapePhin, I share your passion for the team, but she is also the top legal and financial executive in the organization. She is the Executive Vice President. She is a part of the inner circle and on top of that as the smartest person in the room as well as the only one with a woman's intuition, it is highly likely that he sought her opinion of the applicants, since a decent percentage of her time would be working with the guy appointed. I think that it was important for her to be part of the process because she is an important member of the team.
The other thing is that she would also have written the 2 year contract that Hickey agreed to.

I don't think the first quote indicates Aponte had a substantial role in hiring the GM. I think it indicates that Aponte was involved in surveying what the team already had so as to formulate a gameplan with regard to the hire. I suspect that in that phase of the process, Aponte et al. indicated to Ross that Philbin should be kept, and the new GM should work with him, rather than hiring a GM and giving him carte blanche to clean house. Aponte may have been involved in that part of the process, which determined the ceiling on the amount of power they would offer any GM candidate, while being relatively uninvolved in the process of selecting the actual GMs to whom to offer the job.

SKAPE............

this makes NO sense. not in your context anyways. in fact, it proves even MORE that aponte is just a bean counter and hickey is his own man. "dawn will be reporting TO HIM and ASSISITING him".

what dont you get?

i have known since week one that aponte sat in on A COUPLE of the interviews.

your hatred for all things hickey has been VERY obvious skape. so much so that your seeing red flags in every hickey piece on the web.

take a nap man.

I am pretty sure also saw Dawn wearing a locket with Joes teenie weenie picture in it - just saying

Oh yah and Joe had a "real" hickey on his neck -> Not the HICKEY a reddish substance -> hell maybe that was a bite mark...

Back
Top Bottom