Comment from Ross that points to Aponte's power in the organization | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Comment from Ross that points to Aponte's power in the organization

A few years ago I had the opportunity to work for a very successful international business (world class). The CEO used to go out of his way to seek the input of a broad range of senior executives for any major appointment. Identifying which candidate had the best cultural fit and aptitude were taken very seriously. You may be surprised that there were a couple of very senior executives that had the best track record of making good appointments happened to be the two women. Some may laugh at the notion of a woman's intuition, but I have seen it too many times to dismiss it.

Noone seems to have really latched on to this, but Ross made a telling comment during the press conference today. The Dolphins would have us believe that Aponte reports to Hickey. Well, here is a quote directly from Ross today:

http://www.miamidolphins.com/multim...he-Media/9b2403bd-1343-4430-b240-2b9ab4b200b4

"We started our search. I was joined by Carl Peterson, Matt Higgins, Tom Garfinkle our CEO as well as Dawn Aponte. And everyone really looked at the organization first to try to decide what would be the best" (3 Min Mark)

OK, so Aponte has so much clout within the organization that she is one of four trusted advisors to the owner that sat down with him to formulate a gameplan on how to approach the GM search. This is good company to be in, and would point to a substantial influence with the owner... But then, Ross said the following:

"In terms of what the organization will be. Dennis will be the GM. He will be responsible for the 53 Man roster and he will work with the rest of the organization. Dawn Aponte will be reporting to him and assisting him and working with Coach Philbin to bring the Miami Dolphins back to the prominence that we all want." (4 Min Mark)

Does. Not. Compute. How could someone with so much power like Aponte, a person who was one of 4 people tasked with establishing the vision of the Dolphins and leading the GM search, then turn around and report to the GM she just had a substantial role in hiring?

My goodness. Will you stop it already. Do you have a hard-on for Aponte and pissed that she wouldn't give you a second of her life? Or are you just a chauvinist who thinks women should be baby machines and cook?

Aponte's job is to work with the GM to sign the player within the Dolphins salary cap.

She doesn't decide which player to sign. It's not complicated.

Noone seems to have really latched on to this, but Ross made a telling comment during the press conference today. The Dolphins would have us believe that Aponte reports to Hickey. Well, here is a quote directly from Ross today:

http://www.miamidolphins.com/multim...he-Media/9b2403bd-1343-4430-b240-2b9ab4b200b4

"We started our search. I was joined by Carl Peterson, Matt Higgins, Tom Garfinkle our CEO as well as Dawn Aponte. And everyone really looked at the organization first to try to decide what would be the best" (3 Min Mark)

OK, so Aponte has so much clout within the organization that she is one of four trusted advisors to the owner that sat down with him to formulate a gameplan on how to approach the GM search. This is good company to be in, and would point to a substantial influence with the owner... But then, Ross said the following:

"In terms of what the organization will be. Dennis will be the GM. He will be responsible for the 53 Man roster and he will work with the rest of the organization. Dawn Aponte will be reporting to him and assisting him and working with Coach Philbin to bring the Miami Dolphins back to the prominence that we all want." (4 Min Mark)

Does. Not. Compute. How could someone with so much power like Aponte, a person who was one of 4 people tasked with establishing the vision of the Dolphins and leading the GM search, then turn around and report to the GM she just had a substantial role in hiring?

inspector_clouseau_peter_sellers_de-1.jpg

My goodness. Will you stop it already. Do you have a hard-on for Aponte and pissed that she wouldn't give you a second of her life? Or are you just a chauvinist who thinks women should be baby machines and cook?

And clean and hang on your every word....

In case you all haven't noticed, my gripes are not with Aponte nor Hickey, they are with the world's most clueless billionaire, one Mr. Stephen Ross.

He has created an organization that is cobbled together with mediocre parts and expects it to magically produce excellence. Part of the problem is that his most trusted advisors, of which Aponte is one, are corporate shills with only ancillary knowledge of football operations.

These 2 comments point to the lack of clarity that many candidates felt about the organizational structure. Aponte is viewed as a trusted advisor to the owner, but also operates under the GM? Well, that makes the situation quite tenuous for the GM, because if a dispute ever arises between he and the trusted advisor, the trusted advisor already has a strong voice in the owner's ear to win the dispute. It creates a dynamic where the GM can be easily undermined. IMO, that is not conducive to success.

In case you all haven't noticed, my gripes are not with Aponte nor Hickey, they are with the world's most clueless billionaire, one Mr. Stephen Ross.

He has created an organization that is cobbled together with mediocre parts and expects it to magically produce excellence. Part of the problem is that his most trusted advisors, of which Aponte is one, are corporate shills with only ancillary knowledge of football operations.

These 2 comments point to the lack of clarity that many candidates felt about the organizational structure. Aponte is viewed as a trusted advisor to the owner, but also operates under the GM? Well, that makes the situation quite tenuous for the GM, because if a dispute ever arises between he and the trusted advisor, the trusted advisor already has a strong voice in the owner's ear to win the dispute. It creates a dynamic where the GM can be easily undermined. IMO, that is not conducive to success.

And?

Part of the problem is that his most trusted advisors, of which Aponte is one, are corporate shills with only ancillary knowledge of football operations.

Aponte taught at a GM symposium last summer at Wharton (University of Penn). She's hardly a "shill with ancillary knowledge of football". I think she's plenty qualified for her position.

Can you even give any tangible evidence that she's unqualified for her position? Even your guy Caserio said he liked her.

And you are the one talking about someones contradictory statements?
:lol:

My conspiracy theory is Ross is tappin' Aponte. She the most powerful woman in the ultimate mans league. Ross is one of the most successful men at what he does (real estate). Power couple to the max...lol

Back
Top Bottom