Commentary: Go Away Ricky | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Commentary: Go Away Ricky

Omaha_Dolfan said:
I think thats all I have to quote of that post to say I agree with Boik14 completely on this subject.

Just when I got used to the idea that we dont agree on anything :D
Haha. *beer*

Im really not a pessimistic @ss, just when it comes to AJ bro. :tongue:

Like the man said...GO AWAY RICKY!!
We've got Ronnie Brown now. BTW, did you guys forget that?? I mean, just a month ago it was non-stop Ronnie Brown threads, now it's "Tricky Williams". Give me a break! Make up your minds. My vote goes to Ronnie. He didn't refuse to play for us like Eli did to San Diego. He said "thank you Miami, let's go to work." So...let's go to work. GO AWAY :monkeyr: RICKY!!

Boik14 said:
Haha. *beer*

Im really not a pessimistic @ss, just when it comes to AJ bro. :tongue:

HAHAHAHAHHA Cheers to you mate. Besides it would be boring if we agreed on everything

When I heard abot Ricky coming back i was elated because as I have said before we the fan put atheletes on pedastals and not the athelete themselves. I get so thicked off when writers believe that they have right begin a story and script it also.
Just because they feel somehow let down doesn't mean that some people doesn't deserve 2n 3rd and 4 chances, just look at Darryl Strawberry. I don't like what Ricky did as a fan but I respect his decision as a man no not the marijuana but his dicision to take control of his life for that one instance and make football non important.

I have been called a Ricky lover and all sorts of things because I respect his decision to things his way and you know we the fan don't have to like it, just if you were changing your career I don't suppose Ricky won't have any influence on that topic would he? I enjoy the dolphins irregardless of who is at running back because I support the team and Not Ricky.

Nice

GRYPHONK said:
Well, for me it wasn't that impressive.

Biased opinion with alot of generalizations.

Mentions only the negavtives the last year, but doesn't mention his apology to the team or his acknowledgement of what he has done. Doesn't mention how through Yoga and his medicine training he no longer smokes marijuana. Doesn't mention how he no longer planned on trying to not have to pay back the money and mentions how he was selfish and immature.

Makes assumptions that the ones who want him back only want him back because we wanna win.
Makes assumptions that those that don't want him back is simply because of how he screwed us.

It was an article where he was speaking for 3rd parties. Also, I find a one sided article completely biased and therefor not worthy of anything more then just a biased opinion.

I applaud your courage for writing this however. Although I disagree with you tremendously you atleast backed up why you feel the way you do.

The only problem is you didn't mention one thing that wasn't already known or mentioned in other threads on this site.

I agree 100%, Nice POST

How many of us are only working because we have bills to pay?
That's about the only normal thing about him.

Well I've said it before and I will say it again. I don't look to football for moral guidance. I teach my child to admire family and friends, to aspire to the physical levels of pro athletes but in no way should he make them hero's.

Ricky williams quit, hes a quitter, he smokes, he has a bunch of kids. Last time i checked none of you were so morally perfect that you could walk on water. Football is entertainment, and these guys entertain us. I am entertained when ricky gets the ball. I will be entertained when Brown gets the ball. Hell I'll still be entertained when AJ throws an INT. The fact is I pay to be entertained not pay to see a bunch of church kids out of the field. Morality and ethics don't get you any wins. whens the last time we scored a point for beeing good people? I want them to win because thats entertaining. If it takes people like ricky, loud mouths Like TO, arraogance like Moss, then welcome aboard. It has been my opinion/observation/experience that winning creates chemistry not the other way around.

GRYPHONK said:
Well, for me it wasn't that impressive.

Biased opinion with alot of generalizations.

Mentions only the negavtives the last year, but doesn't mention his apology to the team or his acknowledgement of what he has done. Doesn't mention how through Yoga and his medicine training he no longer smokes marijuana. Doesn't mention how he no longer planned on trying to not have to pay back the money and mentions how he was selfish and immature.

Whoa...did I miss something ?? I never heard of an apology from Ricky...??

Please let me know if I missed this...is there a link ?? I'd be interested because I think that is the first step he must take to coming back successfullly.

However, I do mostly agree with the article and have stated several times that I believe that he is only coming back because of the arbitrator's ruling and to pay back some (money) debts and not for football reasons. I honestly believe that he is lying to himself again and will probably quit again. There is no evidence that he wants to play football for the game, just to relieve some of his debts...

One minor point of dissagreement in the article to me, is that IF RW comes back and is somewhat successful this year for the Fins, he could garner some added trade value after this season. It still will not be what his actual football worth is, but it will be more than right now...

I thought you were a decent journalist before this article. Now your forcing your opinion on people and calling all those who disagree fools? Seems like Ricky got the best of you.

Krush said:
When I heard abot Ricky coming back i was elated because as I have said before we the fan put atheletes on pedastals and not the athelete themselves. I get so thicked off when writers believe that they have right begin a story and script it also.
Just because they feel somehow let down doesn't mean that some people doesn't deserve 2n 3rd and 4 chances, just look at Darryl Strawberry. I don't like what Ricky did as a fan but I respect his decision as a man no not the marijuana but his dicision to take control of his life for that one instance and make football non important.

I have been called a Ricky lover and all sorts of things because I respect his decision to things his way and you know we the fan don't have to like it, just if you were changing your career I don't suppose Ricky won't have any influence on that topic would he? I enjoy the dolphins irregardless of who is at running back because I support the team and Not Ricky.

Krush...I don't have a problem, and most of us don't have a problem with RW decision to retire from football for whatever his reasons were.. That is his right as a human being...What we all thought was irresponsible was the timing of his quitting. That showed his true character of caring only about himself and not accepting responsiblilty for his decisions. It was his decision to do the drugs, it was his decision to have children out of wedlock and his decision to not support them until the law decided for him. These decsions he made were paramount to and opposite to the decision he made to quit football...That is the problem most of us have with his quitting.

My message to you is, people who write columns wishing someone to go away, is just pounding and kicking a dead horse.

I don't see how you or any other person can judge Ricky on what kind of father he is, or that he has three different childern by three different women. His off field life is his life. Does this make your arguement better that Ricky is a bad man because he left the Dolphins? If not, then why wasn't this an issue before he retired? Why is it that writers don't write bad about anyone (if you need any examples, please look at the Dolphis draft this year) until they leave a team or they get cut.

You cheered the man on the field, you never once cheered him for his off field activities, what you want is to make a point that you are super dee dooper mad that he left the Dolphins so you wanted to make points, alot about his off the field life that solidified your point.

What does three children have to do with Ricky running the football for the Miami Dolphins?

Emskirch said:
My message to you is, people who write columns wishing someone to go away, is just pounding and kicking a dead horse.

I don't see how you or any other person can judge Ricky on what kind of father he is, or that he has three different childern by three different women. His off field life is his life. Does this make your arguement better that Ricky is a bad man because he left the Dolphins? If not, then why wasn't this an issue before he retired? Why is it that writers don't write bad about anyone (if you need any examples, please look at the Dolphis draft this year) until they leave a team or they get cut.

You cheered the man on the field, you never once cheered him for his off field activities, what you want is to make a point that you are super dee dooper mad that he left the Dolphins so you wanted to make points, alot about his off the field life that solidified your point.

What does three children have to do with Ricky running the football for the Miami Dolphins?

Did you miss the article Mike wrote about wanting Randy to go away? He did, after all, get arrested for getting into a physical spat with his wife.

I think you must have missed that article that Mike did... cause he surely doesn't have a double standard... or some sort of personal grudge against Ricky.

phinphanphrommi said:
Did you miss the article Mike wrote about wanting Randy to go away? He did, after all, get arrested for getting into a physical spat with his wife.

I think you must have missed that article that Mike did... cause he surely doesn't have a double standard... or some sort of personal grudge against Ricky.

I must have missed that Article. If that was the case then I do apologize.

Back
Top Bottom