Commentary: Go Away Ricky | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Commentary: Go Away Ricky

Mike, I'm 100% with everything you've said man.

That said, here's the reality: the dude is coming back. For whatever reason, Saban believes he can handle the guy. We might as well deal with it and get behind the team.

I have to say I'm actually fairly indifferent on the Ricky situation. When he retired, I didn't tear down the poster on my bedroom door, I didn't burn the jersey I had bought, and I didn't smash the bobblehead and figurine of him I have. I'll admit it was because I was probably too lazy to actually do any of that, but I thought, well, he doesn't want to play football, so let's put a running back in there who wants to play. I know I would feel stronger if I lived down in Miami and actually went to games, or if I were one of his teammates, but I'm not. I'm not saying I'm all giddy that it looks like he may come back, but I won't root against him if he does. The only team Ricky has value to right now is Miami, and he owes them $8.6 million. So why not try to get the money back, and get some good (hopefully) running back play as well? It's not like the team is depending on him any more, that's why Ronnie Brown was drafted. And I have to admit, animosity towards Ricky was really hard for me to generate once Wanny resigned during the season. Wanny is a good person but there was no way the team would ever move forward again with him as the coach. If Ricky taking a year off hastened his departure, then so be it. So if Ricky plays, fine. If he doesn't, fine. But as long as the Dolphins are no longer depending on him to be the focal point of their offense, and wouldn't be harmed much if he walked away again, then that works for me.

--"Walks out on the Miami Dolphins a week before training camp giving nobody no advance notice to prepare for his departure."

This article has gramatical errors!!

jtsacksyou said:
--"Walks out on the Miami Dolphins a week before training camp giving nobody no advance notice to prepare for his departure."

This article has gramatical errors!!

You mean grammatical errors? :wink:

Admittedly, it was a bit rough around the edges (see my good-natured dig above), but I thought the overall impassioned, ranting-and-raving charm of the piece was enhanced by the occasional grammatical missteps.

Someone who writes an article this ONE SIDED and closed minded, calls the people who think that Ricky can help our team "fools" and can't write an article without repeatedly cussing, shouldn't be allowed the privilege of writing "columns".
That article was a waste of space if I'd ever seen one. Just a rehash of what tons of other people and writers are saying. Yet it's funny, 80% of the people on this site will welcome Williams back. Guess there are alot of "fools" on FinHeaven. :shakeno:

Mitchy71 said:
He can't play anywhere though. His rights belong to Miami. The only way he could play somewhere is if we release him. For more details on a similiar situation, look up Barry Sanders.

he can if we were to release him.

that commentary makes me happy this clown isnt in charge of the phins. seems like this guy is begging for miami to have losing seasons.

i guess this guy forgot that saban plans to use them together? after saban was touting the Jets and Falcons seasons last year using 2 backs you really think he plans on brown or williams soley sitting on the bench?

-and people who cant spell HEAL.........well lets just say you shouldnt be writing a column yet alone a sentence.

I agree with parts of the article. For instance I dont like the fact that Ronnie Brown needs to worry about Ricky and his situation, and how it could affect him mentally, we pick this guy in the first and now he needs to be around Ricky's saga or how bout the rest of our team. Do we really know how are team thinks about Ricky? I dont know exactly how they feel right know:confused:

SCall13 said:
Someone who writes an article this ONE SIDED and closed minded, calls the people who think that Ricky can help our team "fools" and can't write an article without repeatedly cussing, shouldn't be allowed the privilege of writing "columns".
That article was a waste of space if I'd ever seen one. Just a rehash of what tons of other people and writers are saying. Yet it's funny, 80% of the people on this site will welcome Williams back. Guess there are alot of "fools" on FinHeaven. :shakeno:

Very true words my friend, Good post.

Ricky Williams is playing you people for the fools that you are.

:shakeno:

Nobody wants you around anymore. Everyone is sick of hearing about how Ricky is doing. Or how Ricky is feeling. Nobody cares anymore.

I care.

I can't believe someone would waste that much time in writing a poor article like that.

jribs said:
I disagree with this article. First off a commentary should be both sides of the story, not one sided such as this one. The grudges that some of you hold against Ricky (nothing more then a sports icon) would worry me if I were associated with you. Live and let live for crying out loud.
NFL total access had a piece on Ricky last night and they said that with Ronnie and Ricky we would have the "most powerful 1-2 punch in the NFL, can you think of any other team that would have that kind of a line-up?"
If that means wins, I am all for it and personally do not care of what he did or does other then between the lines on every Sunday afternoon next year. That does not mean I wasn't disappointed in what happened last year, but let by gones be by gones and lets move forward to making this team better and get some wins.
Now after all that...Come on back Ricky...
I am ready for a little R & R.

This right here...............this captures the greedy essence of winning ball-games. At any cost. Some of us just don't share the same sentiment. It's amazing that any of you are willing to let him just waltz back in without truly addressing the team, management, and the fanbase. It's called being a man and owning up to your mistakes and then providing answers for what you're going to do to right the wrong and prevent such terrible mishaps from ever ocurring again. As it stands, the man is just going to show up in July for trainning camp and that's that.

Man that is what I hate so much about the situation. Football ain't just a game, it's a business as well. Sure it's a game for some of you who watch it, but it's also a business, a bread winner for thousands upon thousands of other players and personnel. To chalk this up to just being a man doing what he wants to do and its "only football" is an extremely naive outlook. I'd love to watch one of you work for a mega corporation or big company and you're the foundation, only to lie to their faces trying to tell them you want to be their leader only to walk out on them when they needed you most, causing the company to topple over. Really I'd love to see that. I'd also love to watch you put your tail behind you legs and expect the slate wiped clean without anything done on your part to rectify such childish, selfish decisions. That would most likely never happen because this is the REAL WORLD not some la la fantasy football land some of you live in.

Ya'll just want Ricky back because you're tickled fancy by the theoretical prowess of having Ricky and Ronnie on the same field. Sounds like the anti's are not the only ones selfish here. You just want to win. You don't care about Ricky. You care about the Dolphins winning at any cost. If Ricky wasn't Ricky and was some other substandard player, you would've banished him. Shame on you.

enigmatics said:
It's amazing that any of you are willing to let him just waltz back in without truly addressing the team, management, and the fanbase.

It should be pointed out the my willingness to welcome Ricky back is predicated on the assumption that he'll do just that upon his return. He can't do any of it right now -- at least in public -- without violating the one-year period necessary to keep his suspension at only four games.

And who knows? He may be rebuilding those bridges as we speak. Notic how not Dolphin players have spoken out against his return?

DrAstroZoom said:
It should be pointed out the my willingness to welcome Ricky back is predicated on the assumption that he'll do just that upon his return. He can't do any of it right now -- at least in public -- without violating the one-year period necessary to keep his suspension at only four games.

And who knows? He may be rebuilding those bridges as we speak. Notic how not Dolphin players have spoken out against his return?

I am just speaking of the situation as it stands currently. Now I had never thought about the fact that technically he might get in trouble if he says too much given that he has to wait till July to return. Are you sure that's the case though? I mean to speak about the situation is one thing, but if he physically doesn't show up till July, I wouldn't think he'd get in trouble to speaking about what he'd do in the future. It could even be a hypothetical. The NFL can't bust you for hypotheticals.

That was just... horrible. Finheaven is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Back
Top Bottom