Commentary: Go Away Ricky | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Commentary: Go Away Ricky

enigmatics said:
I didn't say that. I was pointing out that Ricky defenders wouldn't do the same for some random player.......A man with a really bad mental disease should consider a different career path in my opinion. Being in front of thousands of people, perhaps being as large of a social icon as Ricky is, is probably not the right place for a man incapable of mentally handling what comes with that.
You are intitled to your opinion and you maybe right, maybe Ricky should not be out there with his illness, but I believe that there is enough of a support group to get him through it. As you pointed out, it is a business, and business have items in place for people that struggle with all sorts of issues and diseases. I am sure Saban and the rest of the NFL will see to it that it is avaliable to him. In the mean time, he has too much talent (not to mention obligations) to not be playing, and if he is playing, let him and Ronnie deliver some punishment on other teams. Join me...be GREEDY for the Fins sake.

After looking at his post history, he posts his article and then does not respond to those who respond to his great articles.

Looks like someone who looks for a rise in someone. And then won't comment. If its unfair, then prove me wrong on this. 7 pages of comments, and no comments from the author, looking at the history of his posts, this is the norm.

So, take this as a typical hit and run.

Emskirch said:
After looking at his post history, he posts his article and then does not respond to those who respond to his great articles.

Looks like someone who looks for a rise in someone. And then won't comment. If its unfair, then prove me wrong on this. 7 pages of comments, and no comments from the author, looking at the history of his posts, this is the norm.

Good point, but I have an exception about your post: "great articles":hmmm:
I hope that was sarcastic?

Emskirch said:

No offense, but I think you're totally missed the boat on the Article Ninja. Unless you're trying to be a wise guy.

Just making an observation.

Just won't waste my time discussing his articles if he can't comment when people take thier own time to comment.

My opinion is pretty simple. I want to win. Save all the morale judgements for churches, schools, etc.
This is football it is a gladiator sport. We win more with Ricky.

The article focuses on what happened this last year, but does not highloght the previous two years.

We need Ricky if we want to win before Zach and Seau retire. I can put the righteous sword down long enough for these guys.

awing_pilot said:
Well I've said it before and I will say it again. I don't look to football for moral guidance. I teach my child to admire family and friends, to aspire to the physical levels of pro athletes but in no way should he make them hero's.

Ricky williams quit, hes a quitter, he smokes, he has a bunch of kids. Last time i checked none of you were so morally perfect that you could walk on water. Football is entertainment, and these guys entertain us. I am entertained when ricky gets the ball. I will be entertained when Brown gets the ball. Hell I'll still be entertained when AJ throws an INT. The fact is I pay to be entertained not pay to see a bunch of church kids out of the field. Morality and ethics don't get you any wins. whens the last time we scored a point for beeing good people? I want them to win because thats entertaining. If it takes people like ricky, loud mouths Like TO, arraogance like Moss, then welcome aboard. It has been my opinion/observation/experience that winning creates chemistry not the other way around.

Can I get an AMEN? AMMMMENNN

enigmatics said:
I didn't say that. I was pointing out that Ricky defenders wouldn't do the same for some random player.......A man with a really bad mental disease should consider a different career path in my opinion. Being in front of thousands of people, perhaps being as large of a social icon as Ricky is, is probably not the right place for a man incapable of mentally handling what comes with that.

Not true.

I was a big supporter of Barrett Robbins. I didn't know the guy. I could care less about the team. Yet I still defended him.

When Ricky was on his medication and here in Miami it was a different Ricky then in NO, you can't deny it.

He did interviews without masks, he did commercials for petes sake.
Anyone that says that Ricky didn't change while over here was blind.

The problem is that for whatever reason he decided that he was getting too many carries combined with the fact that he was caught for a 3rd failed drug test made him get all crazy and make a rash decision.

With a good support group, and his medication again he will be fine.

Had Barret Robbins team been supportive of him I guarantee you his fate would not have went the way it did.

Think about it guys, If Ricky is indeed a quitter, then that's a good thing becuase that means he has really quit smoking bud!!!

I respect the opinions on this article but i dont agree at all. Ricky's personal life is his business... the ONLY thing i was upset about was the timing. Everyone in the NFL has issues.. some worst than others.. .who cares. Its is a business plain and simple. Ricky is a good RB and will contribute to the success of this team... in the end thats all that matters. If he comes back and poops it up again, than hey, we have Ronnie. As ive said before, i dont think Ricky will be the starter anyway whether he wants to be or not. Saban is obviously not an idiot... he is good at what he does and he things Ricky could help. GREAT! The fact that ricky is coming back for money... well thats obvious however all NFL players are there for money!
As for the second/third chances, the players were calling him days after he made the decision.. of course he wasnt going to change him mind right then! Now he has had time to think about everything and change is mind. Im not excusing his irresponsibility but i am forgiving him for his mistakes and taking the fact that he wants to come back and play for the phins as a new start. He could have gone to Oakland, im sure they would have taken him... he didnt have to come back period! But he is... and this team wants to win... and so do i. Welcome back Ricky!

:missmeth:

Michael Oliva You must be a perfect 10 are you? And I presume you never made any mistakes in your life. Give me a break! IMHO it's people like you who make it worse for the people who have a few troubles in life and need some help. When someone is reaching out for help and forgiveness and are willing to admit they're wrong then they totally diserve to be reconciled. For cripes sakes, he's not a criminal, rapist, or child molestor, he's just a guy who made some wrong decisions. And if he's man enough to admit it then he's more of man than you are who won't forgive him!

arsenal said:
this is one of the few articles ive agreed with you on, haha... ricky turns us into a sideshow... it will take away from our team, im sure it'll cause some problems in the clubhouse... take away from ronnies development, take away a roster spot from a promising young player (probably kay jay)...

i just want him gone...

You are wrong here pal! It isn't Ricky nor any player for that matter, that turns a team into a sideshow, It's the money grubbin/fame scraping/JACKASS MEDIA that turns a team and or celebrity into a sideshow. Get it right!!

Fin_tastic said:
Michael Oliva You must be a perfect 10 are you? And I presume you never made any mistakes in your life. Give me a break! IMHO it's people like you who make it worse for the people who have a few troubles in life and need some help. When someone is reaching out for help and forgiveness and are willing to admit they're wrong then they totally diserve to be reconciled. For cripes sakes, he's not a criminal, rapist, or child molestor, he's just a guy who made some wrong decisions. And if he's man enough to admit it then he's more of man than you are who won't forgive him!

Forgive me but how has Ricky in any way shape or form RECONCILED or admitted he was in the wrong for the devastation he caused this franchise? And we're not reaching out to help Ricky, c'mon man. Are the Miami Dolphins the Good Samaritan franchise? Give it up, Saban is exploring possibilities of potential. The potential of having the old Ricky back to give us another offensive option. I still disagree with it to the fullest. This ain't about rescuing Ricky from the bottomless pit of his twisted mind.

Furthermore.....Humor me and use your imagination for a second here.....and I know most of you have an imagination because you've talked nonstop of a potentially devastating duo in the "Ricky and Ronnie Show." You and Ricky run a company. The two of you are the only employees and you're about to embark on your biggest venture yet. This deal is a make or break deal for you, with all the money you invested, you need to see a return otherwise it could turn your life upside down. Your business partner Ricky is the guts of the operation, you're mostly the numbers guys. Ricky pulls you aside and says "Hey man, let's get this done, I'm here and we're going to make this thing work." A couple weeks pass by, the deadline is almost met, and all of the sudden - No Ricky. He can't be found. The only person speaking on his behalf is some dumb shmuck industry beat writer he has befriended. You go on to find that your trusted business partner has fled the U.S. in order to find himself.......a few days later he says his salary cut wasn't big enough.......a couple days later he says you were working him to the bone and he was doing everything.......a few days later he says he wanted to be free to smoke weed and tour the land........ a few days after that he says he wanted to tour with Lenny Kravitz. You have now successfully transformed into the laughingstock of your professional industry. You ignored all the signs, all the stories you had heard from Ricky's previous employers and partners and now all you're left with is rubble.

This is a story of selfishness vs. selflessness. Ricky is an individual who cannot be trusted point blank. He's a bad example to younger players......he's a very selfish, self-centered individual whether that's because of his mental afflictions or not. He thinks only of himself and he fully believes that he's always the most important thing, the most unique snowflake. While this may hold true for all of us at one point another, there are times in life when selflessness is in order. When you get up and give an impromptu speech to the team that you want to be their leader this year, knowing full blown how without you they're nothing......only to disappear on them weeks later at the beginning of training camp when nothing can be done to soften the massive blow you've caused - well that my friend is where the line in the sand is drawn.

If at the end of the prior season or maybe a month or two before training camp had Ricky shown up in Wayne's office or Wanny's office LIKE A MAN and said "Listen guys, this just isn't right for me anymore," I'd respect his decision. I still may think he's a little nutts, but I respect the TIMING of the decision and so would the majority of everyone else. And what does my or your respect have anything to do with it, as fans???? WE HELP PAY HIS SALARY regardless of how small a sum it is when you break the numbers down. It's rough to summon his personal life into the picture, but when you examine his personal life (Which is the reason he fled in the first place) you'd understand that this man really has no selfless intentions. Hell he spent part of his year away being summoned by the courts on child support legalities. Funny how that works. I remember reading interviews with Ricky and he used to brag how he's given bums bags of money, yet the man can't properly father out-of-wedlock children.

Our team is being cut and molded by a man Saban who's a branch off the Belichek tree, so how on earth would a man like Ricky fit into the new Fins equation? To think Ricky and Ronnie would tear the league up for 1,500 yards a piece is merely a pipe dream considering all the question marks this team still possesses. Even if the day were to come where Ricky throws up 1,500 and 10TD's he's still a HUGE liability because you'll never quite know what he's up to. Nobody ever has and nobody ever will. The only thing that is certain is that whatever Ricky's up to, it will be self-serviant and you can take that one to the bank bud.

I personally feel bad for the guy. SAD and other mental afflictions are no joke. But this is the wrong stage for a man who still hasn't fixed his life. You don't run away from football, smoke a ton of weed, live in a tent in Australia, tour with Kravitz, then join a holistic university and suddenly all your problems have been solved hellalluya praise Jesus! lol

I want nothing more than for my favorite sports franchise to get out from under the 4-12 debacle they faced last year and tear this league a new a-hole. Trust me. At the expense of the franchise losing face, just to win a few more games???? F*CK no. And you can pardon my french. Ricky Williams is a pipe dream now. He's that parasite you can't get to go away because there's something about him you're still addicted to - in this case his 1,800 yard potential. Why risk another incident, knowing just how crazy it can get with Ricky? In the name of potential????? Not good enough. In my eyes the man has to go above and beyond just to be considered again for my favorite team. He has to give the greatest "I'm sorry speech" ever written. I want my eyes welled up so hard, that I can't stop crying for days from the friggin' speech. He has to be there at fan appreciation day, helmet-less and visor-less, and look fans in the eyes and convince them he's here to stay and to right the wrong.

Is he capable of this? What on earth about Ricky's life would indicate it? Not a thing. We can win ball games without Ricky and in due time he will be forgotten. Let Saban fix this recently floundering franchise and leave Ricky to twisting his body around like a pretzel in yoga classes. I'd rather be a proud franchise, one that upholds integrity rather than just try and win a few more ballgames. That is all.

Back
Top Bottom