Commentary: Go Away Ricky | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Commentary: Go Away Ricky

Thankyou! Finally someone has set in stone what I've been saying all along -- He's only doing this for the money.

People believe he's doing it for the love of the game, betterment of the team -- heh.

Even the vet. minimum is better than his financial aid. He needs the money.

inFINSible said:
How many of us are only working because we have bills to pay?
That's about the only normal thing about him.
Exactly. So he has bills to pay, and debts to repay. Yeah okay. Isnt that why most of us work? I work for a Medical Supply company. Ihave to do all kinds of crap (deliver supplies, set up offices, kiss doctors arses, etc) I dont exactly do it for the love of setting up doctors offices. I do it cause it pays well, and I have bills to pay. I couldnt careless if thats why someone plays football.

HysterikiLL said:
Thankyou! Finally someone has set in stone what I've been saying all along -- He's only doing this for the money.

People believe he's doing it for the love of the game, betterment of the team -- heh.

Of course he's doing it for the money. So what? Bottom line: Can he run the ball? If so, he gets paid. If he can't, he doesn't. That's what his new contract will say. Saban is not stupid.

enigmatics said:
This right here...............this captures the greedy essence of winning ball-games. At any cost. Some of us just don't share the same sentiment. It's amazing that any of you are willing to let him just waltz back in without truly addressing the team, management, and the fanbase. It's called being a man and owning up to your mistakes and then providing answers for what you're going to do to right the wrong and prevent such terrible mishaps from ever ocurring again. As it stands, the man is just going to show up in July for trainning camp and that's that.

Man that is what I hate so much about the situation. Football ain't just a game, it's a business as well. Sure it's a game for some of you who watch it, but it's also a business, a bread winner for thousands upon thousands of other players and personnel. To chalk this up to just being a man doing what he wants to do and its "only football" is an extremely naive outlook. I'd love to watch one of you work for a mega corporation or big company and you're the foundation, only to lie to their faces trying to tell them you want to be their leader only to walk out on them when they needed you most, causing the company to topple over. Really I'd love to see that. I'd also love to watch you put your tail behind you legs and expect the slate wiped clean without anything done on your part to rectify such childish, selfish decisions. That would most likely never happen because this is the REAL WORLD not some la la fantasy football land some of you live in.

Ya'll just want Ricky back because you're tickled fancy by the theoretical prowess of having Ricky and Ronnie on the same field. Sounds like the anti's are not the only ones selfish here. You just want to win. You don't care about Ricky. You care about the Dolphins winning at any cost. If Ricky wasn't Ricky and was some other substandard player, you would've banished him. Shame on you.

Greedy for wins? YEP! I'm guilty. Greedy for a Championship? Yep! I'm guilty of that too.
The fact that Williams hasn't addressed the fans is because he CAN' T yet. He will address the fans and his team mates. In fact, who are you to say that he hasn't talked to some of them already? We don't have any idea what's going on behind the scenes.
AS far as banishing a "sub standard" player. Well, that may be true in some peoples cases. But I believe everyone deserves a second chance. I know I've been given second chances. I'll bet you have too. Unless you are too perfect to have needed one.
I dare someone to say that they have gone through there life without making a mistake - probably even a big one. And I'll bet they have gotten a second chance. And most people are better people because of it.

Welcome back Ricky...may your career get back on track inspite of people who too self righteous to give someone a second chance.

HysterikiLL said:

There aren't any players in the NFL that aren't doing it for the money.

SCall13 said:
Greedy for wins? YEP! I'm guilty. Greedy for a Championship? Yep! I'm guilty of that too.
The fact that Williams hasn't addressed the fans is because he CAN' T yet. He will address the fans and his team mates. In fact, who are you to say that he hasn't talked to some of them already? We don't have any idea what's going on behind the scenes.
AS far as banishing a "sub standard" player. Well, that may be true in some peoples cases. But I believe everyone deserves a second chance. I know I've been given second chances. I'll bet you have too. Unless you are too perfect to have needed one.
I dare someone to say that they have gone through there life without making a mistake - probably even a big one. And I'll bet they have gotten a second chance. And most people are better people because of it.

Welcome back Ricky...may your career get back on track inspite of people who too self righteous to give someone a second chance.

If I'm self-righteous then you're a greedy, selfish b*stard.

enigmatics said:
If I'm self-righteous then you're a greedy, selfish b*stard.

LMAO!!! Any TRUE FAN would want an impact player on thier team to help them WIN. If that makes me a selfish b*stard, then so be it - thanks for your opinion.
And I hope the mods see this personal attack. I think that's against the rules. ANd it shows how low class you are to refer to someone that way. Thanks for showing us all your true colors.

The most important key point left out of that article is that Wanny was coach.

Predaphin said:
The most important key point left out of that article is that Wanny was coach.

This is true. Wanny being here was a big factor. Ricky Williams will probably come back with, and KEEP, that same fire he had his first year with the Dolphins. The coaches attitude can work wonders for a player's attitude. Ricky Williams has a true positive influence, a good mentor. Saban and the new coaching staff will make a big difference for him. And if for some reason they do not, then he will blow his last chance.

SCall13 said:
LMAO!!! Any TRUE FAN would want an impact player on thier team to help them WIN. If that makes me a selfish b*stard, then so be it - thanks for your opinion.
And I hope the mods see this personal attack. I think that's against the rules. ANd it shows how low class you are to refer to someone that way. Thanks for showing us all your true colors.

Do you not remember calling myself and anti-Ricky people "self-righteous"??? Was that a backhanded compliment? Course not. You were being derogative. Don't be a crybaby.

Sounds to me that your definition of a true fan is someone who take anyone back no matter what the offense, as long as we win. Low character players to play for the cheers of low character fans. That's not the definition of a true fan. ..........and impact player? The only impact Ricky's had on this team as of late is one of devastation.

enigmatics said:
Do you not remember calling myself and anti-Ricky people "self-righteous"??? Was that a backhanded compliment? Course not. You were being derogative. Don't be a crybaby.

Sounds to me that your definition of a true fan is someone who take anyone back no matter what the offense, as long as we win. Low character players to play for the cheers of low character fans. That's not the definition of a true fan. ..........and impact player? The only impact Ricky's had on this team as of late is one of devastation.

Devastation because he left..not when he was playing. You can call me a cry baby if you want to. But calling me a B*stard is a COWARDLY thing to say that I'm certain wouldn't be said anywhere other than a message board.
Self Righteous is what I call people who pretend to be perfect while pointing out other peoples faults and short comings. While you fit that description, I do not fit the description of a b*stard. Have a nice day. You are now on ignore.

Yes, pro football is about winning at all costs. That's just the way it is. It's the nature of the beast. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Look around the league. All teams are all about winning.
Another thing...if you think Ricky is that bad, then you should also be dogging Saban. I don;t hear any of you Ricky haters saying anything derogatory about Nick. He is the one bringing him back. What do you guys have to say about that? Does Saban suck as a coach now? If taking Ricky is back is so bad, then Saban's decisions would have to be questioned.
OK, lets hear some hypocrytical remarks.

enigmatics said:

Let it go man, it's done.

SCall13 said:
Devastation because he left..not when he was playing. You can call me a cry baby if you want to. But calling me a B*stard is a COWARDLY thing to say that I'm certain wouldn't be said anywhere other than a message board.
Self Righteous is what I call people who pretend to be perfect while pointing out other peoples faults and short comings. While you fit that description, I do not fit the description of a b*stard. Have a nice day. You are now on ignore.

Isn't it self-righteous to call somebody self-righteous? Hahah I love how insecure posters immediately hit the "ignore" button when they can't stand the heat of an argument they started. True babies.

These are for you.......

clear.gif

enigmatics said:
Isn't it self-righteous to call somebody self-righteous? Hahah I love how insecure posters immediately hit the "ignore" button when they can't stand the heat of an argument they started. True babies.

These are for you.......

clear.gif

I decided against putting you on ignore. I enjoy watching people be hypocrites and self righteous perfectionists.

SCall13 said:
I decided against putting you on ignore. I enjoy watching people be hypocrites and self righteous perfectionists.

Whatever floats your boat man. Gives you a break from the Ricky worshipping.

Back
Top Bottom