Commentary: Go Away Ricky | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Commentary: Go Away Ricky

enigmatics said:
Whatever floats your boat man. Gives you a break from the Ricky worshipping.

Gimme a break. It has nothing to do with WORSHIP. I was and am just as pissed about what he did to this team as anyone else was. I was shocked and disgusted. But guess what? He will be a Dolphin. AND I will cheer for him until my face turns purple and my veind pop out of my neck and my voice goes hoarse. If any "fan" refuses to do the same, then you are NOT a true fan: plain and simple. (THis is not referring to you in general but to anyone who will refuse to cheer for any Dolphins player)

SCall13 said:
Gimme a break. It has nothing to do with WORSHIP. I was and am just as pissed about what he did to this team as anyone else was. I was shocked and disgusted. But guess what? He will be a Dolphin. AND I will cheer for him until my face turns purple and my veind pop out of my neck and my voice goes hoarse. If any "fan" refuses to do the same, then you are NOT a true fan: plain and simple. (THis is not referring to you in general but to anyone who will refuse to cheer for any Dolphins player)

I hate to burst your "self-righteous" bubble, but you sir do not define who a true fan is or isn't. As far as it goes, the only difference between us is that you'll accept whoever as long as it's followed by a win. I wouldn't be surprised to see you invoking Phil Spector to run the Fins organization sometime soon. Alas, that reference most likely went right above your head.

enigmatics said:
I hate to burst your "self-righteous" bubble, but you sir do not define who a true fan is or isn't. As far as it goes, the only difference between us is that you'll accept whoever as long as it's followed by a win. I wouldn't be surprised to see you invoking Phil Spector to run the Fins organization sometime soon. Alas, that reference most likely went right above your head.

And I guess you are the definitive, consumate fan?

SCall13 said:
And I guess you are the definitive, consumate fan?

I wasn't the one who brought it up. You decided to take this argument about Ricky into the "Who's the better fan" realm. Do you suffer from short-term memory loss?

enigmatics said:
This right here...............this captures the greedy essence of winning ball-games. At any cost. Some of us just don't share the same sentiment. It's amazing that any of you are willing to let him just waltz back in without truly addressing the team, management, and the fanbase. It's called being a man and owning up to your mistakes and then providing answers for what you're going to do to right the wrong and prevent such terrible mishaps from ever ocurring again. As it stands, the man is just going to show up in July for trainning camp and that's that.

Man that is what I hate so much about the situation. Football ain't just a game, it's a business as well. Sure it's a game for some of you who watch it, but it's also a business, a bread winner for thousands upon thousands of other players and personnel. To chalk this up to just being a man doing what he wants to do and its "only football" is an extremely naive outlook. I'd love to watch one of you work for a mega corporation or big company and you're the foundation, only to lie to their faces trying to tell them you want to be their leader only to walk out on them when they needed you most, causing the company to topple over. Really I'd love to see that. I'd also love to watch you put your tail behind you legs and expect the slate wiped clean without anything done on your part to rectify such childish, selfish decisions. That would most likely never happen because this is the REAL WORLD not some la la fantasy football land some of you live in.

Ya'll just want Ricky back because you're tickled fancy by the theoretical prowess of having Ricky and Ronnie on the same field. Sounds like the anti's are not the only ones selfish here. You just want to win. You don't care about Ricky. You care about the Dolphins winning at any cost. If Ricky wasn't Ricky and was some other substandard player, you would've banished him. Shame on you.

Thank you scall, I too am a greedy one.
engimatics, Yep, it is a business for the players and all those thousands of other personnel you mention but it ain't for me. It is a game and a sport I love to watch and cheer while watching my team.
Tell me how do you have any idea what is or isn't going on in the locker room. You have no idea if Ricky will come in and speak to the team as one or to individual players. I have a feeling that Saban may even tell Ricky that he needs to address the players. Again I don't care if it means "W's".
For your information, I do work for a major international mega corporation and started as part of the foundation. I have made mistakes, will probably make more but I learned from them and pressed on. Now I am no longer part of the foundation but an important part of everyday working on a global basis. Leaders understand that $hit happens, now what can we do to fix it. How is that for REAL WORLD? Saban is doing just that by bring in Ricky. Yes I am tickled fancy by the idea of having R & R on the same field, so what? I will say it again...I WANT WINS. If Ricky was some other substandard player, I doubt that I would have banished him because he probably could not offer what Ricky does so I probably would not care and would not make the team anyways. So shame right back on you for giving me your holier the thou tude, and when you go to bed tonight, dream of Fin "W's" In the mean time, color me GREEDY[font=&quot]:evil:[/font]

jribs said:
If Ricky was some other substandard player, I doubt that I would have banished him because he probably could not offer what Ricky does so I probably would not care and would not make the team anyways. So shame right back on you for giving me your holier the thou tude, and when you go to bed tonight, dream of Fin "W's" In the mean time, color me GREEDY[font=&quot]:evil:[/font]

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Most of you wouldn't jump to the aid of some random shmoe on the team with SAD or another mental disease, claiming the guy needs a second chance, he's suffering from a mental setback if he upped and left out of nowhere. You're only doing so because of the name "Ricky Williams." Enamored with the name and not the real man. Like the old tale of the beautiful, BAD girlfriend you just cannot break up with.

..........at least your honest though that you're greedy. The others are in denial.

enigmatics said:
I wasn't the one who brought it up. You decided to take this argument about Ricky into the "Who's the better fan" realm. Do you suffer from short-term memory loss?

LMAO!! I didn't make it a better fan argument. I simply said a REAL fan will cheer for anyone wearing a DOlphins uniform. Stop digging. Just because you can't win an argument doesn't mean you have to try to stretch something else into another one.

THe argument is over. I will agree to disagree. We obviously feel different ways about the subject. We'll leave it that way.

SCall13 said:
LMAO!! I didn't make it a better fan argument. I simply said a REAL fan will cheer for anyone wearing a DOlphins uniform. Stop digging. Just because you can't win an argument doesn't mean you have to try to stretch something else into another one.

...........and yet you still don't boast the credentials to decide who is or isn't a "REAL" fan either.

enigmatics said:
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Most of you wouldn't jump to the aid of some random shmoe on the team with SAD or another mental disease, claiming the guy needs a second chance, he's suffering from a mental setback if he upped and left out of nowhere. You're only doing so because of the name "Ricky Williams." Enamored with the name and not the real man. Like the old tale of the beautiful, BAD girlfriend you just cannot break up with.

..........at least your honest though that you're greedy. The others are in denial.
You don't want to give Ricky a chance because of SAD but then you talk about another shmoe getting a second chance because of SAD? Which side of the argument are you on? And by the way, I did finally break up with that beautiful, BAD girlfriend, she wasn't BAD enough:D

jribs said:
You don't want to give Ricky a chance because of SAD but then you talk about another shmoe getting a second chance because of SAD? Which side of the argument are you on? And by the way, I did finally break up with that beautiful, BAD girlfriend, she wasn't BAD enough:D

I didn't say that. I was pointing out that Ricky defenders wouldn't do the same for some random player.......A man with a really bad mental disease should consider a different career path in my opinion. Being in front of thousands of people, perhaps being as large of a social icon as Ricky is, is probably not the right place for a man incapable of mentally handling what comes with that.

enigmatics said:
...........and yet you still don't boast the credentials to decide who is or isn't a "REAL" fan either.

My definition of a true fan is a fan who will cheer for their team no matter what. No matter how down they are. No matter if they are getting drug through the mud and smacked around. No matter if they bring back a man who was once a fantastic football player that screwed up in the biggest of ways and walked out on his team. You don't have to like him or trust him, but as a true fan, you have to cheer for him. That is a true fan.

For example: Terrell Owens, the greediest, most arrogant player in the league. He is making a fool of himself by holding out (basically walking out on his team because of wanting more money after a HUGE contract last year) It may take 2 or three games but those boos will start to disappear and the fans will forget that Owens pulled this crap. Granted, there is a difference between the two of them- although Owens has effectively walked out on his team. There are some similarities. The Eagles will re-embrace him because he is an unusual talent. Same with Dolphins fans. They will eventually embrace RW as long as he is playing hard, playing well, and proving that he has put his mistakes behind him.
THat's a true fan.

SCall13 said:
My definition of a true fan is a fan who will cheer for their team no matter what. No matter how down they are. No matter if they are getting drug through the mud and smacked around. No matter if they bring back a man who was once a fantastic football player that screwed up in the biggest of ways and walked out on his team. You don't have to like him or trust him, but as a true fan, you have to cheer for him. That is a true fan.

For example: Terrell Owens, the greediest, most arrogant player in the league. He is making a fool of himself by holding out (basically walking out on his team because of wanting more money after a HUGE contract last year) It may take 2 or three games but those boos will start to disappear and the fans will forget that Owens pulled this crap. Granted, there is a difference between the two of them- although Owens has effectively walked out on his team. There are some similarities. The Eagles will re-embrace him because he is an unusual talent. Same with Dolphins fans. They will eventually embrace RW as long as he is playing hard, playing well, and proving that he has put his mistakes behind him.
THat's a true fan.

Ok..............you're talking "true fans" and then invoking Eagles fans? The same bunch who h*llaciously booed the drafting of Donovan McNabb?

Again, it's great you've come up with your schematic for the "true fan"........still doesn't mean anything. You're not the end-all-tell-all of "true" fanhood.

enigmatics said:
Ok..............you're talking "true fans" and then invoking Eagles fans? The same bunch who h*llaciously booed the drafting of Donovan McNabb?

Again, it's great you've come up with your schematic for the "true fan"........still doesn't mean anything. You're not the end-all-tell-all of "true" fanhood.

I was just giving an example. Ironically, the Eagles fans booed when they drafted McNabb because they wanted Ricky!.
Anyway, I AM A HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE Dolphins fan. I want them to win. No matter what. They want to win as well. Why? Marketing, promoting, ticket sales. From the owner, to the players, to the fans, it's all about winning. And that's what I want to happen. W I N. If a person calls themselves fans and then says that they don't care if they win or lose, then that is total crap.

We can continue this argument later. My 5 year old DOLPHIN FAN is calling for me. Good night all Dolphins fans!!

Back
Top Bottom