Commentary: Red Flags on Young and Leinart | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Commentary: Red Flags on Young and Leinart

BlueFin said:
That was the point Pete, Custer was considered a very good warrior and leader, Like Cutler, Custers team was overmatched and had no real chance to do well in that battle, just as Jay Cutler had little chance of doing well against Sabans recruited defense.

You have to know when to hold them....and when to fold them. Remember what Patton said....Don't become a hero dying for your country....make the other poor ******* die for his.

Custer was a fool and died a fool.

BlueFin said:
Nice article KB, I happen to agree with most of your assessments.

I do find it funny the euphoria you see fans get over a college performance, everything is on A whole other level in the NFL, I still remember what a free wheeling weapon Peter Warrick was at FSU, and how little of that ability we've seen in the NFL.

I do think some of the criticisms of Cutler stem from bad habits created by having inferior talent around him, I believe the Senior Bowl will awaken many to Jay Cutler.

I find it funny that the same person year after year selects a QB from the SEC...that doesn't do anything...as in Greene last year. Remember Keith....how he was the best QB....did he even play this year? O' I forgot to add...Keith's first QB...was Rogers....then Greene.

BlueFin said:
Nice article KB, I happen to agree with most of your assessments.

I do find it funny the euphoria you see fans get over a college performance, everything is on A whole other level in the NFL, I still remember what a free wheeling weapon Peter Warrick was at FSU, and how little of that ability we've seen in the NFL.

I do think some of the criticisms of Cutler stem from bad habits created by having inferior talent around him, I believe the Senior Bowl will awaken many to Jay Cutler.

And maybe he just isn't the second coming of Rogers or Greene? At least we should hope so.

fishypete said:
And maybe he just isn't the second coming of Rogers or Greene? At least we should hope so.

greene was what a 4th round pick?

and whats wrong with Rodgers?

Nappy Roots said:
greene was what a 4th round pick?

and whats wrong with Rodgers?

I guess you weren't around last draft....Greene was the so-called Cutler last year....and Rogers was the man....until....Greene became the man.

fishypete said:
I guess you weren't around last draft....Greene was the so-called Cutler last year....and Rogers was the man....until....Greene became the man.

i was. but i dont base my opinions on other peoples and i dont remember that far back. im sure you can look at my posts back when the draft was here and see i hated Greene as a pro prospect.

Culter is head and shoulders above anything Greene ever was.

Nappy Roots said:
i was. but i dont base my opinions on other peoples and i dont remember that far back. im sure you can look at my posts back when the draft was here and see i hated Greene as a pro prospect.

Culter is head and shoulders above anything Greene ever was.

While I'll agree that I didn't think that much about Greene...as some here did...it's no different with Cutler....it's the same hype every year...and Cutler fits the bill. By anyone saying that Cutler is a first round pick....especially when they try to compare him to Favre...who was selected in the 2nd round...is just plain hype. Thats why guys like Rogers and Smith get taken in the first round...when they wouldn't be IF some real quailty QB's were in that draft...hype and desperation....thats all it is.

fishypete said:
You have to know when to hold them....and when to fold them. Remember what Patton said....Don't become a hero dying for your country....make the other poor ******* die for his.

Custer was a fool and died a fool.

Uh....I really wasn't discussing history Pete, it was an analogy, maybe you missed the point?

fishypete said:
I find it funny that the same person year after year selects a QB from the SEC...that doesn't do anything...as in Greene last year. Remember Keith....how he was the best QB....did he even play this year? O' I forgot to add...Keith's first QB...was Rogers....then Greene.

So Pete, is your point that you are labeling Greene and Rogers busts after one year?, where one backed up a pro bowler and another backed up a hall of famer?

fishypete said:
While I'll agree that I didn't think that much about Greene...as some here did...it's no different with Cutler....it's the same hype every year...and Cutler fits the bill. By anyone saying that Cutler is a first round pick....especially when they try to compare him to Favre...who was selected in the 2nd round...is just plain hype. Thats why guys like Rogers and Smith get taken in the first round...when they wouldn't be IF some real quailty QB's were in that draft...hype and desperation....thats all it is.

Favre was the first pick of the second round, its hardly a stretch to compare where Brett was when he was drafted and Jay Cutler now. Both played for lesser schools and therefore got less exposure and had to deal with lesser talent around them.

BlueFin said:
Favre was the first pick of the second round, its hardly a stretch to compare where Brett was when he was drafted and Jay Cutler now. Both played for lesser schools and therefore got less exposure and had to deal with lesser talent around them.

Boy are you reaching....lets see what crazy team picks Cutler and where first. I trust some team will fall for the hype....of a QB that has so many problems and isn't from a winning team....it happens all the time.

BlueFin said:
So Pete, is your point that you are labeling Greene and Rogers busts after one year?, where one backed up a pro bowler and another backed up a hall of famer?

Blue....time will tell us all we need to know about Greene and Rodgers...and all the excuses won't stop time.

I wonder with a new headcoach....maybe Green Bay goes in a different direction...time will tell.

It is quite obvious this person did not see the game. What I saw was 1 QB that was pretty darn good (Leinart) and one that was breathtaking (Young). Anyone how opines on what these guys will do prior to even a workout is really out to lunch. I for one have seen alot of Texas games and I can tell you that arm strength does not seems to be a problem for Young.

RLMIAMI said:
It is quite obvious this person did not see the game. What I saw was 1 QB that was pretty darn good (Leinart) and one that was breathtaking (Young). Anyone how opines on what these guys will do prior to even a workout is really out to lunch. I for one have seen alot of Texas games and I can tell you that arm strength does not seems to be a problem for Young.

I've seen them all and I can tell you flat out...his arm strength isn't a problem.

you can't argue with winning bigtime games, and that's what Young and Leinart have done. Poor mechanics and passes with a little too much hangtime mean squat to me if you can still post the W week in and week out.
Cutler's claim to fame is almost beating Florida!!

Back
Top Bottom