Commentary: Red Flags on Young and Leinart | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Commentary: Red Flags on Young and Leinart

Pocoloco said:
you can't argue with winning bigtime games, and that's what Young and Leinart have done. Poor mechanics and passes with a little too much hangtime mean squat to me if you can still post the W week in and week out.
Cutler's claim to fame is almost beating Florida!!

That's where your wrong. Cutler's claim to fame is doing fairly well with the worst surrounding cast ever. In fact Cutler was voted to the SEC preseason first team. That tells you how people think about him. Almost beating Florida just showed everyone what he was capable of.

Pocoloco said:
you can't argue with winning bigtime games, and that's what Young and Leinart have done. Poor mechanics and passes with a little too much hangtime mean squat to me if you can still post the W week in and week out.
Cutler's claim to fame is almost beating Florida!!

go get ken dorsey then, he won alot in college. winning in college doesnt translate

The only hype out there is the incredible media hype surrounding Vince Young. At least Jay Cutler has some substance to his quarterback skills. He's a far better quarterback than Vince Young.

KB21 said:
The only hype out there is the incredible media hype surrounding Vince Young. At least Jay Cutler has some substance to his quarterback skills. He's a far better quarterback than Vince Young.

Vince Young is 30-2....what hype Keith? If anyone is getting hyped...it's Cutler.

You say Cutler has some substance to his QB skills....can you name them? Can you also state Cutlers problems?

To you....Cutler is a far better quarterback than Vince Young....yet Cutler couldn't match Youngs progress....of course you'll say....Cutler played on a bad team....and your right....but that was his decision, Keith....IF Cutler was such a great talent as you believe....he chose unwisely....and it's sure apparent that none of ther SEC coaches really thought that much of him...because if they did...you know they would have made him and his parents a offer he couldn't refuse.

It's a new year...but the same story....hype up a SEC quarterback...and full speed ahead.

fishypete said:
Vince Young is 30-2....what hype Keith? If anyone is getting hyped...it's Cutler.

You say Cutler has some substance to his QB skills....can you name them? Can you also state Cutlers problems?

To you....Cutler is a far better quarterback than Vince Young....yet Cutler couldn't match Youngs progress....of course you'll say....Cutler played on a bad team....and your right....but that was his decision, Keith....IF Cutler was such a great talent as you believe....he chose unwisely....and it's sure apparent that none of ther SEC coaches really thought that much of him...because if they did...you know they would have made him and his parents a offer he couldn't refuse.

It's a new year...but the same story....hype up a SEC quarterback...and full speed ahead.
Are you still sticking to this line of "thinking".

Do you actually believe that where a kid chooses to go to school should be used to judge his professional potential?

Because that is exactly what your post implies.
Why do you ask questions that are answered in the Commentary?
Pete, if you just want to talk yourself into circles without any real substance to your "arguments", go to the depths. This constant stream of impertinent rambling gets tiresome.

fishypete said:

Did you read the commentary piece? I noted Jay's strengths and weaknesses in that piece. Jay has a much better arm than Vince Young, and Jay has a quarterback's mentality. Vince Young has a running back's mentality.

I detailed everything I saw in Vince Young, and Chris Mortensen today is stating that NFL scouts are telling him basically the very same stuff. 267 yards on 40 passing attempts is not impressive at all. It's very average, and that's because all Vince did in this game was dump the ball off or run it.

Vince Young is just another run first quarterback that gets hyped up by the media. The media has a social conscious when it come to not only a black quarterback, but a particular style of black quarterback. The media will pump up and overhype every run first black quarterback, just like they do with Michael Vick, who is a horrible quarterback. Vince Young is just the next in line. He's not any better than Reggie McNeal and Michael Robinson when it comes to being a passer, but because he's the one the media hypes, he's the one that is projected to stay at quarterback while the other two are being moved to wide receiver. A smart GM would take Vince high and move him to wide receiver, where his talent and instincts fit the best at.

Vince has poor mechanics, an average arm, and a run first mentality.

Jay Cutler, on the other hand, has a great arm, mediocre mechanics, and a gun slinging mentality. I'd rather have a quarterback that believes in his arm and has a gun slinger's mentality than an overhyped running back.

As far as Omar Jacobs goes, he probably is a more likely option at this point, because Miami isn't going to get the opportunity to take Cutler in the first round. I'm not convinced Miami would take Cutler anyway, because I think they will go defense and take LaRon Landry with the 16th pick.

I'll also throw Barrick Nealy's name out there. Some call him a poor man's Vince Young, but that is ridiculous because Nealy is a much better passer than Vince Young.

Back
Top Bottom