Confirmed: McMillen Suffers ACL Tear | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Confirmed: McMillen Suffers ACL Tear

never been a fan of putting a bunch of your starters on special teams, let the backups and specific special team guys do it, stuff like this happens a lot and for no reason, risk injury to your starters for what may be a better special teams, sigh...

Reminds me of Philbin constantly running daniel thomas up the middle on our 5 yard line to end the half instead of just taking knees when the other team knew he was gonna do it every time, and thomas getting concussion after concussion, Philbin bein like yeah just keep going out there dude, I'm really smart, don't worry if you get stupid, I'm really who matters here.

That was a side rant on Philbin's idiocy but doing pointless things just to look smarter or busier usually bites back, sucks for raekwon, was really looking forward to watching him playing, thought he was prolly our best pick, him and asiata.

I thought Chase Allen played well last night. It might be better to save some cap room then go all out today.

The reality is we lose a 2 down backer and there are plenty of options to fill the spot. Sucks but not devastating loss.

McMillan would have eventually, and sooner than later, become an all down LB. It was just a matter of time.

Good luck trying to force teams to pass on us now. Losing McMillan was a huge blow. His loss will also reduce Harris' snaps.

never been a fan of putting a bunch of your starters on special teams, let the backups and specific special team guys do it, stuff like this happens a lot and for no reason, risk injury to your starters for what may be a better special teams, sigh...

Reminds me of Philbin constantly running daniel thomas up the middle on our 5 yard line to end the half instead of just taking knees when the other team knew he was gonna do it every time, and thomas getting concussion after concussion, Philbin bein like yeah just keep going out there dude, I'm really smart, don't worry if you get stupid, I'm really who matters here.

That was a side rant on Philbin's idiocy but doing pointless things just to look smarter or busier usually bites back, sucks for raekwon, was really looking forward to watching him playing, thought he was prolly our best pick, him and asiata.
Agree in full.

They wanted a 4th last off season, I seriously doubt they are lowering their price. I would send a 3rd. He could become the best blitzing LB the Dolphins ever had in a base 4-3. This move would really, really tighten the cap room.
they wanted a 4th last season so why offer a third??? Too high.

Though McMillan was probably not going to start right away (on less he had a spectacular preseason...which was also pretty possible), there is no doubt he was eventually going to start. It's tough, but it might not be as devastating as one may think.

1. The hear the D-line did look much better against the run yesterday, if true, that is a great 1st step to help not missing what we would have gotten with McMillen that much more.

2. If you consider last year Alonzo did pretty well being the only real player on the LB squad making type of big plays (I hear he again made another big play last night, this time a sideline to sideline play), but now with Timmons there, it will give Miami another solid at worse play maker at LB, if we are able to get another LB we can count on, or Allen proves to be a find, we could be better off then we think.

3. Last year we were missing one of our best defensive player in Jones, with him back, it will only add yet another play make that will help slow down the opponent's running game, in week eight we will get back another Safety that tend to put hurt on players that challenge his side.

4. Another year with this coaching staff, if they are as competent as hope they are, they probably have a plan to help the defense be better against the run.

No matter what, we would have been a much better team with McMillan, but even if we will not be that good, we still could be better then last year, and that is another start to being a more consistent defense.

If perry Riley can man strong I'd go get him and kick Timmons inside.

But that's a big if. Hewitt at 232 isn't gonna work at the poa at strong. I'd be shocked if he did frankly

We need a strong side starter worthy veteran backer and kick Timmons inside.

I'm not playing 16 games with a maxed out mike hull

Back
Top Bottom