Confirmed Tua’s CT and MRI came back clean | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Confirmed Tua’s CT and MRI came back clean

I think it's not just because of Tua being a qb, a qb will get more media attention. I feel it's also because of his fencing, seizure like reaction that was scary to see. If minkah had that reaction, ppl might've said stuff too
Agreed, the reaction to the hit Tua received is what separates it from the other comparable concussions. But really all concussions should be taken very seriously, and it is possible they manifest differently in people. Is Tua the first player to get a concussion and exhibit the seizure like symptom? Just thinking aloud

That video was spot on. There has been a few of us on this site that have expressed similar belief with regards to the bias or treatment of Tua over the last couple years.

I knew about Higgins.

Had no clue about Minkah.

12 players entered the concussion protocol yesterday 12.

The have 3 less days to clear the same protocol that Tua is in.

If any one of them are cleared to play, there is zero reason Tua can't be cleared.

If I was Tuas agent or someone close to him, I am getting on every talk show, talking to every outlet and CONTINUOUSLY bringing up Higgins and Minkah.

Change the narrative from Tua, to a concussion problem, not a Tua issue.

The NFLPA has some nerve with their phony outrage over Tua, yet not a peep over Minkah.

If Tua is cleared medically, he will and should play against the Jets.

Disagree a little. From what I've read, players are removed fro a game for"gross instability." I don't know how many of those displayed "gross instability," but I doubt it was many. I'm confident many of us here have been tested for concussions during games. That doesn't equate to having a concussion.
To me, the hurdle is defining "gross instability." Like it or not, the symptoms TT displayed would meet anyone's criteria. At that point, further testing would determine the proper response.

That is great news but I still have questions around his back injury. I am wondering if something is being missed there and that is the cause for concern. Could that be the root of the problems and having nerves trapped or something with his spinal cord? Even though this is all clean, from the MRI and CT standpoint, it doesn't resolve that something happened and something was seriously wrong.

I don't think anything is being missed there but is definitely a concern about his ability to to compete at 100%. Thought his deep ball to Hill that was picked off could have been the result to some limited mobility in his back.

Agreed, the reaction to the hit Tua received is what separates it from the other comparable concussions. But really all concussions should be taken very seriously, and it is possible they manifest differently in people. Is Tua the first player to get a concussion and exhibit the seizure like symptom? Just thinking aloud
Ive had a few, most very minor with nothing more than a headache or dizziness. I did have 2 times that I recall, where I experienced what I think was post concussive syndrome, before they had that name. For about a week afterwards, I felt displaced from my body, not alot, like floating around or anything, but id say about an inch off of my center of mass. Threw off my coordination for a while. Those symptoms got better gradually over time. Never longer than a week.

But that was me, everyone reacts differently, and probably has alot to do with the severity of the blow and the part of the brain that got smacked into your skull.

Here come the wacky lawyers.
This dude is the lawyer who brought the lawsuit against the NFL. He's not a "wacky" lawyer and frankly I want Tua and Miami to sue the NFL. It was an NFL and NFLPA appointed doctor who cleared him to play, wrongly.

This dude is the lawyer who brought the lawsuit against the NFL. He's not a "wacky" lawyer and frankly I want Tua and Miami to sue the NFL. It was an NFL and NFLPA appointed doctor who cleared him to play, wrongly.
Come on, "he's lucky he didn't die"? Wacky.

After all the scans and doctors you think something is being missed?
Yes. Because of the way his back was tweaked and the way he was knocked, twice, there is something more there not being seen. I would rather be safe, than sorry, and take a few more weeks to get it right than rush him back out there and have another setback. Or create more of a media shitstorm. He has the scarlet A branded onto him, for better or worse. Let's make sure we don't make it worse.

I don't think anything is being missed there but is definitely a concern about his ability to to compete at 100%. Thought his deep ball to Hill that was picked off could have been the result to some limited mobility in his back.
That may have been part of it…but compare that pass to Tua’s 2nd TD to Hill vs the Shitbirds. Against Balt, he got to his drop point, planted, and the ball was out less than 1 second later. Against Cincy, if you’re making that throw, you don’t spend the excessive time he did looking off defenders…he let it go far too late.

Very happy to read all the scans are positive…been away a few days and was pretty down with his injury, and his outlook. Big relief that he’s fine.

All we need to know is that the NFLPA is now waffling and claiming Tua should have been removed from the Buffalo game even if he only had a back injury. That tells you they don’t have evidence he had a concussion. This is all a PR stunt.

Back
Top Bottom