Conversations you've had with fins players... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Conversations you've had with fins players...

Meet Marino at a celebrity golf event with Joe Montana. i said to Marino. 'Looks like Fielder is gonna break all your QB rushing records in Miami." He chuckled. Also was at a GGW party during Mardi Gras and RW was there chilln' with Snoop and Joe Francis.

i saw ricky the friday before we played washington on that sunday night when we wore the orange unis. i was at opium gardens up in the vip i went up to him told him a was a fan we shaked hands and that was preety much it. he had three heinikens in his hands

I work in Weston and have met many dolphin players..some encounters I recall...

Ed Perry - I spoke with him right as the season was beginning last year and asked him what he felt about A.J Feely and he told me man he is a waste and is no better than Feidler but he has his fingers crossed that his opinion is wrong..

Dan Marino - I spoke with him at an autograph signing years ago and my neighbor was an interior decorator..so he was like mr. marino I did the upholstery work in your home 4 months ago...he replied oh I remember...the ones that fell down? I was laughin my butt off but my friend wasnt to pleased..

I have also met Sam Madison(great guy),Zach Thomas(not so great),Kevin Donnaley(nice guy),Bernie Parmalee(nice guy),OJ Mcduffie(awesome guy)...there are some others but are past dolphins that have moved onto other teams..

Dolfan73 said:
My principal in high school played for the Fins back in either 72, or 74...Mr. Hill...never found out his first name though. Awesome guy. u shoulda saw his ring, f***ing outrageous

I assume it was Barry Hill, he was a safety for the Fins, but not until 1975. Ike Hill was also a receiver in 1976... no other Hill really hits that time frame...

MiamiDolfans said:
I assume it was Barry Hill, he was a safety for the Fins, but not until 1975. Ike Hill was also a receiver in 1976... no other Hill really hits that time frame...
wasn't there a rb named eddie hill that played for the fins in '72?

I've spoken with Marino twice. Once at a signing where I asked him if he had plans to work on his play-action fakes. He said he felt he needed the extra time to look down field (to read the D). The 2nd time I was working at a Sunglass Hut in the Broward mall (summer job). Dan came up and asked if I knew about a brand of glasses that someone wanted him to invest in. I said I'd never heard of them and he said he probably wouldn't invest in them.

I also worked out with Brian Socia (sp?) once. He was a NT for Miami. I was setting up the curl bar when he came up and said he was using it. I thought it was going to be a fight. I figured I could take him b/c he only outweighed me by about 150 lbs. (LOL) Anyway he was cool. We worked out together mostly talked about lifting.

I have had nice chats with Matt Turk, Trace Armstrong, Tony Bua, Marc Trestman, Jay Fiedler, Rob Konrad, Olinde Mare, Wes Welker. All great guys

If you want to meet some players, go to Gatsbys' in Davie....I've been there many times before and have talked with numerous players.....never really about football...they prefer to talk about other things than football...my friends' mom runs the charity events for some current players and some former players. She runs the Twan Russel foundation, which he has had at Gatsbys. Aslo she runs Madison's charity event at wal-mart. At Twan Russell's charity event before he went to Atlanta, she introuduced me to Wally....That guy is a class act....we were doing shots together...we wven tried to hook him up with my friends cousin...once he saw her he was like...."and you are?" Joe Rose was there doing the auction....he was a funny drunk...Lenard Henry was there, Greg German, couple of others...Higgy was there...the guy is a midget. I've met O.J., Greenwood, Gadsen, Marino a couple of times....actually sat down with Zach and Izzo at a piper high school game about 5 years ago....Larry was really cool...You guys probably think i'm bull****ing at this point...but i aint. Another one of my friends lives in the same neighborhood as Zach, O.J. , Antonio Freeman and Charles Johnson. Seen Ricky out before, seen Taylor out before. But when I see these guys I just walk by and say whats up...never really say anything about football. Seen Zach and Surtain in a club called Passion at the new hardrock in hollywood, seen Lamar Thomas there, OJ is always there. I've even seen Zach at "Scarlets"- a strip club. But if any of you guys want to see them out and about Gatsby's is the place. I think I've said enough...but if you see any of them out and about...try to talk about other things other than football...you'll see that they will like to talk to you .

patsdynasty said:
I have had one, yes a pats fan, wit h JT 2 years ago when i was in davie and it was around april... i was at the mobil gas station inside paying for my gas and i walked by this tall guy in line and i looked back and waited to see his face, i saw right away it was JT and i paid for my gas and made a little joke with the cashier saying, damn JT shouldnt have to pay for his own gas here....

his black sweet hummer was parked right in front and i went right up to it with his windows all tinted and rolled up, and i didnt knock on the window i just motioned my hand to roll it down..... about 10 secs went by and then he did lol

he sat back and smiled and told me those are the ugliest clothes ive ever seen in my life. ofcourse i was wearing a pats jersey ( troy brown ) and hat and we shook hands i talked to him for about 5 mins about football...
this was the right after that season where you guys had the #1 seed in the afc in mid dec and then 2 weeks later after you lost to us you were out...
I actually asked him, how could u guys lose that pats game with 5 mins left and up 11, and he told me something im sure all of u will agree with....

i can only play the game i cant coach it too.....
i also asked him if he would like to come to the pats and win a title there, and he said no i am staying here and will stay a dolphin.....
he didnt say he would win it as a phin but that was cool hes loyal to the phins.....

hes a cool guy and what was funny the last thing he told me was, u guys may beat us up in boston but u wont beat us down here anytime soon......
he might of jinxed them because later in oct troy brown was receiving that 82 bomb from brady in OT for the game winner.......

JT is my fav phin player, and 2nd would go with travis minor being an fsu grad......

3rd sammie smith? lol no...... but sammie was great at fsu.......

i'm sure i have heard that story before, did you tell that in the ganggreen.com, i think you said you were wearing a Brady jersey with pats baseball cap

dol_fan_81 said:
i'm sure i have heard that story before, did you tell that in the ganggreen.com, i think you said you were wearing a Brady jersey with pats baseball cap

never been to that jets site and never will!!!!!

lol

I once had a conversation about molecular biology and quantum physics with TD. Does that count? :D

patsdynasty said:
never been to that jets site and never will!!!!!

lol
i dunno, it might have been in another area of this site, but i'm sure i've heard that story before (i'm not calling you a liar)

dol_fan_81 said:
i dunno, it might have been in another area of this site, but i'm sure i've heard that story before (i'm not calling you a liar)

thats cool, i did post that story at the pats msg board before and i did say was wearing a brady jersey, but later my gf told me i was wearing troy brown one. so maybe u read it there, i have 14+ jerseys so i get confused which ones im wearing and when...

I've met Marino a couple times, because I went to the same private school as Dan Jr. I actually got stuck waiting in traffic right next to Dan in his huge suburban. I probably sounded like an idiot, but at the time I decided Id try to talk to him like I wasnt a fan and instead started telling him how I knew his son and how I made a funny video with him in media class (actually a true story, me and Dano basically just improved together in front of a camera). Dan was pretty nice and talked back but seemed like he was in a hurry. After I was able to move up in traffic I saw Billy Cudrups (The UM QB) father roll up in his golf cart because he was a custodian at the school and talked to Dan for a few minutes, I wonder if he was asking for tips for his son. Well thats my only story about meeting any fins.

Back
Top Bottom