coolest dolphins thing you have? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

coolest dolphins thing you have?

The coolest thing I have is (not 1 but 2) Dan Marino Catch the Wave paintings done by Steve Parsons. I have the number 12/13 artist proof signed by Marino and Parsons in gold. Marino has 13/13 I was told when I bought it. I pushed like hell for 13/13 and the sponsor/owner of All American Collectibles has1/13. Then I got 8/13 of the deluxe version signed by both in silver. The difference is the artist proof came framed and is a bit smaller than the deluxe version. The AP is aprox. 34"x34" and the deluxe is maybe 48x48( it is still rolled up in the pakaging I got it in) I will try to post a picture in my sig sometime.

I needed to get it appraised, so I brought them to Field of Dreams and they said w/ such a limited # there is nothing to cross-reference with. They never made the market place and original retail was $5500. Parsons did a Jordan that retailed for the same and was valued at $28000 when I got these.

I would have to say mine would be all the autographed stuff from Marino. I have a few autographed plaques, an autographed football, a hat he signed at one of his celebrity tournaments he used to hold at Weston Country Club, and acouple of plate collections (one of which is autographed). But the best would have to be a picture of Dan and myself taken back in 1990. I had dinner with him. It was a steak and burger dinner that used to be done with the Boys Clubs of Broward County. I was sitting right beside him. The dinner was a charity thing and all the kids got steaks and the celebs and people who paid got burgers. Anyway I ended up trading my steak for his burger. At the end of the dinner he asked me for my address so he could send me something. About a week later I get an autographed poster in the mail. It was awesome.

i have unused tickets from the scab team games back when the NFL went on strike. I think that's one of the most interesting pieces of dolphins merchandise i have.

Dolphin tattoo. Not the official emblem but it's a dolphin jumping out of the sea. Very cool. Got it in Key Largo in 1994 under the influence of a few brews.

i have a shi* load of fins stuff.....but the one thing than actually means something to me is ....back in 94' when the superbowl was played in miami....i won a contest at my middle school to go to a tostetios (sp) event where we got to go around to different players and have them talk to us about football and even do some drills....we even got to play a game with them...i had dwight hollier and scooter mcgrudder on my team...but the thing i will never forget...my idol/hero Dan the man was there throwing passes to the students....so i walked over there with my mouth down to the floor.....got in line for about 5 min....got up to the front and he said "ready go"....i took off running..didnt think if i was awake or dreaming....looked back and saw Dan throw the ball to me....i swear i felt like i was in the movies when everything is in slow motion.....and of course he placed it right in my hands...had to be about a 35-40 yard pass....then i went over to him and then he signed my shirt they gave all the students...ever since then i've seen Dan around and about maybe 10 times and my friends are like "thats dan marino" and i just look at him and keep walking thinking "yeah! well i caught a pass from him"...ever since then i've never been star struck...except for last year when i saw J-LO....that has to be the first best...the second being an NFL football that was signed by Earl Morrell at a football banquet that he came to for our little league football team.....just to talk to us about football and to stay in school.....but to have the quterback that led us that perfect season was another thing i'll never forget...

My list is:
Marino Record Breaker Wheaties box unopend(mint)
Gem coverd dolphins hat 1 of a kind. (I wore the gaudy thing to a game and ZT autographed it under the bill)
Auto. Marino Retirement helmet w/stats
I had a friend that is an artist paint a cheese head (for a GB/Mia game) aqua w/ the Dolphin logo. I was being asked by everyone where I bought it. Signed by: Bernie Parmalee, ZT,O.J Brigance,JT,D Rogers,Lamar Thomas,Calvin Jackson,and 2 others I can't make out
(3sigs)Aut. ball w/team history and SBVII/VIII scores
72' team auto. mini helmet I got w/ Catch the wave along w/ vid of signing
JJ johnson mini auto/JT auto mini helm. Marino ret mini
Auto ZT hat&auth. jersey/L Smith auth jersey I bought Smiths auto.
All my jerseys are Auths. 5 Marinos all from dif yrs.
2 ZT / B cox/ OJ McDuffie/Ricky pro bowl/ L Smith/K. Jabar/
Hat w/autos of Trace,ZT,JT, B Parm,D Rogers,D Gard.
Limited Marino Gold& painted Plates
Dans the Man Foam hand from Ret. Game.
Auto.Stat Plaque. & life size Standup of Marino.

I personally got these autos, other that Dans Helmet, the 72' team, L. Smiths.

1. Life size Bronze casting of Marino's hands holding and autograped football 5/34
2. Game Used Football autographed by Marino
3. Helmet Autographed by Marino, Montana, Elway and Unitas
4. Limited edition Litho autographed by Marino, Elway and Kelly (class of 83)
5. Autographed 1972 year book, 50 players and coachs
6. Autograped Helmets, Footballs, Mini Helemts of a lot of guys

JimsFins4 said:
1. Life size Bronze casting of Marino's hands holding and autograped football 5/34
2. Game Used Football autographed by Marino
3. Helmet Autographed by Marino, Montana, Elway and Unitas
4. Limited edition Litho autographed by Marino, Elway and Kelly (class of 83)
5. Autographed 1972 year book, 50 players and coachs
6. Autograped Helmets, Footballs, Mini Helemts of a lot of guys

jeez, i going to mention someting, but on second thought forget about it!:)

I have a good friend I watch games w/ every sunday and he has a small fortune of stuff. Helmets all over even in closets. Jerseys( regular and limited ed.)
Neon light, figures,pictures, 2 dogs named Marino and Claire. He sends the auto, helmets off to have the actual facemasks, pads, visors and whatever else it takes to make them like Marinos or Ricky actual helmet.

Back
Top Bottom