Could Ginn Improve? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Ginn Improve?

What type of trade value would he have? That is, if it comes to that.

Can he? Yes. Will he? I doubt it. I think we've pretty much seen him top out the year before last. I think he'll be a 500-800 yard #2 or #3 wide out for his career, which isn't necessarially a bad thing.

Was he overdrafted? Yes. Just because that happened doesn't mean he can't be a contributer though.

What type of trade value would he have? That is, if it comes to that.

Not a great deal. He'd probably have to wind up as part of a package. I don't see him fetching better than a 4th. He's not a bad value to keep on the team. His contract is inexpensive in relation to his production.

Could Ginn Improve? The answer is no. Ginn could improve his game, just as every player can, but not enough to help us win in any significant way.

For Ginn to improve Ginn would have to become at least a 800-yard receiver. For that to happen, he would have to catch 3-4 passes for 50 yards per game, and play 16 games. For that, Ginn would have to be targeted 6-10 times per game, let's say 8 times per game on average.

I don't see this happening for Ginn in Miami. One reason is the emergence and increased reliance of the passing game on Bess and Hartline and Cam. The second is the fact that we are looking for a big, physical, YAC receiver specifically for Ginn's spot.

I think Ginn's time in Miami has all but expired and trade should be imminent, if at all possible.

Ginn in a less prominent role and will have more success without the pressure and he is inexpensive and healthy -

I think Ginn jr is like Alvin Harper used to be with the cowboys.

He is a #3 speed WR. I think he will post better numbers if he is used less and if there are better wr's @1 & 2.

Remember how lame Harper turned out once he left Dallas?

Yes, I think he can get better, but he will never be a tough, money WR. He isn't clutch, & he doesn't deal with pressure very well.

He would be great to match up against #2 or 3 corners. Use him going long to open up the shorter routes & the middle of the field.

I'd like to see him traded....I'd take a 3rd for him....I hear Carolina might be interested? With Smith coming out saying he needs a speed WR to take pressure off of him.....? Bye Ginn...and good luck man.

Ginn in a less prominent role and will have more success without the pressure and he is inexpensive and healthy -

Agree with this. I liked the way they used him towards the end of the season. As a KR / 3rd or 4th receiver he can be an asset. He went through a crisis with the dropped balls but his technique as a receiver is improving. Absolutely no way he makes those two sideline catches getting both feet down in play a year ago

Ginn wouldnt return Dupers email where Duper offered to help him out...what a jack-***...Ginn could use all the help he can get

He set the bar pretty low so I would say "yes" he can improve.

However, for him to improve he has to do it in actual games. Who cares if he improves in practice? And how many more games do coaches play him in which his piss poor play contribute to losses?

Having said that imo he will never improve enough to be worth it. He doesn't have the skills (besides straight line speed) or toughness.

Should we play all of our players that are 3rd or 4th best at each position on the team on the chance they might improve? Of course not, our losses would pile up. So why Ginn? Because he was the 9th pick in the draft by a coach who led Miami to a 1-15 record...please.

I say let him try to improve elsewhere.

Is it focus, nerves, what. He has the talent (maybe), but he overcome his performance. What is his more glaring problem on the field. His butterfingers - that's my answer. Separation from the defender, maybe. What?

Let's narrow it down.

He needs a spine transplant and some meds to calm his *** down.

I do not think that he will improve enough. I think he'll be history. You?

Ginn's biggest problem is that he is not a true #1 receiver, the moment Miami get a dependable #1 receiver that forces defenses to give him extra attention, Ginn will become extremely dangerous.

Ginn may not be physical, but then again, neither was Harrison, put Ginn on 1 on 1 coverage, and he will light them up, his route running is at best average, he is one of the least physical WR in the NFL, but what he does have, scares defenses too much to forget about him...he is one of the fastest WR in the NFL, and until last year, he drops VERY FEW passes.

He could be one of the best and most dangerous #2 receivers in the NFL if we get a true #1.

Ginn may not be physical, but then again, neither was Harrison, put Ginn on 1 on 1 coverage, and he will light them up,

he had single coverage plenty

Not a great deal. He'd probably have to wind up as part of a package. I don't see him fetching better than a 4th. He's not a bad value to keep on the team. His contract is inexpensive in relation to his production.

Exactly, we are also not getting much for him....unless he is part of a package for someone we really want, it would make no sense to trade him.

Back
Top Bottom