Could Ginn Improve? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Ginn Improve?

the thing that separates him from somebody like desean jackson is toughness and attitude...and maybe throw in lack of great hands

It's too soon to tell. It takes 6 years for nfl receivers to develop. lol

:lol:

If Ginn does stay, I think he will have to prove something this year or his butt is gone next year, because Miami will get a better #1 Receiver this year...one way or the other.

the thing that separates him from somebody like desean jackson is toughness and attitude...and maybe throw in lack of great hands

Actually, Ginn has been a Miami Dolphins receiver for 3 years, and 2 of those year, he dropped very few passes, last year was different because he became played more scared then normal, if he can work harder on his concentration, he will be alright catching balls.....now if he could learn to stop going out of bounds, and getting at least 1 extra yard after catching the ball. :pray:

Ginn good, QB bad, Desean good, QB great

I think you are all missing one major thing in his development, his QB. When he had a veteren QB like Pennington, he had 800 yards in his 2nd year( 1st year, Cleo Lemon, very bad)...and then in his third year, a new QB Henne, who might have big talent, but is learning on the job, so Ginn regresses because of it....NOT HIS FAULT

Now, Desean Jackson, who Ginn is compared to has the luxury of playing with a veteren like Mcnabb, who is has Henne talent, plus Pennington's exp, the best of both worlds...and he had played with that same QB every year....

Please don't tell me how much better Desean Jackson is than Ginn, that QB factor is the differnce!!Just ask Randy Moss, who sucked when he played with the raiders sucky QB, and then became the best WR with Brady...

Ginn will definately improve this year...1,200 yards, 8 TD's

There's always room for improvement, even in the best players. Obviously you should watch, wait and see how is ginn's attitude towards the season to know whether he'll be the same, worse or better than last year.

At this point, you can only wish ginn's hitting himself against concrete walls to get tougher.

I think you are all missing one major thing in his development, his QB. When he had a veteren QB like Pennington, he had 800 yards in his 2nd year( 1st year, Cleo Lemon, very bad)...and then in his third year, a new QB Henne, who might have big talent, but is learning on the job, so Ginn regresses because of it....NOT HIS FAULT

Now, Desean Jackson, who Ginn is compared to has the luxury of playing with a veteren like Mcnabb, who is has Henne talent, plus Pennington's exp, the best of both worlds...and he had played with that same QB every year....

Please don't tell me how much better Desean Jackson is than Ginn, that QB factor is the differnce!!Just ask Randy Moss, who sucked when he played with the raiders sucky QB, and then became the best WR with Brady...

Ginn will definately improve this year...1,200 yards, 8 TD's

this. he doesnt have the worst or best hands. its just.... well this ^

edit: he could be tougher tho

Last edited by a moderator:
Two questions:

1. Did the word, HOPE cross your mind when he ran back two TDs back-to-back in one quarter?

2. Will the pre-season determine his fate - he will need to show the FO his real (improved) stuff during those 4 games or he will be cut out of the roster?

I think he will definitely improve, especially if we pick up a good vet to show him how it is done. I don't think he has had anyone take him under their wing like some others have. If we do get rid of him, and he ends up paired with a good vet, his game will change for the better and we will be kicking ourselves.

I think he will definitely improve, especially if we pick up a good vet to show him how it is done. I don't think he has had anyone take him under their wing like some others have. If we do get rid of him, and he ends up paired with a good vet, his game will change for the better and we will be kicking ourselves.

Maybe. Who knows?

Back
Top Bottom