Could Ginn Improve? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Ginn Improve?

Is the idea of JP and Ginn and a 6th for Avril workable? That way Det doesn't have to compete w/ any other team for $. Of course, w/ Dez the Phins could kick Teddy to the curb.

Go Henne, and stop the Mexican hat dance footwork and really, really start looking off your receivers like Favre.

He needs a spine transplant and some meds to calm his *** down.

I am a Ginn Jr. fan but have to agree. I felt he would take off after the bomb he caught from Henne in the Jets game. He seemed so relieved and really thought we'd see a lot more of that.

This is it in Miami, if he doesn't turn the corner next year he has to move on. I for one hope he drastically improves and with Miami a long time. Dude is just special on kick returns and really hope more than anything it takes that part of his game to a much higher level. Did much better the second half of the season and would like that to continue next year and that will help his comfidence on the offensive side of the ball. Ronnie getting hurt stalled him as well.

If Miami can draft a potential #1 or get one from FA, like most have been saying he could be something special.

Hey, I'm just happy I'm in the green! Thanks dudes!!

Question: What if Ginn starts kicking it early, I'm talking preseason, and then gets injured for the year in week two (as an example). Will his early performance stay in Parcell's memory or will he be gone by seasons end regardless?

Send me more love via those green dots.

I think many try to look at Ted & others through fan-colored glasses. I don't have a pro or con for Ted ... it is what it is IMHO.

Look at Ted with a coaching view. Ted's worth keeping around (& getting opportunities) until someone better needs a roster spot ... and I think Ted's not near the bottom as his speed has value & can affect the game & opponent's Defense. A trade even fits into this view ... clunker for a clunker ... see it all the time (or a sweetener for another deal).

As far as figuring out Ted, IMHO ... Ted is a track guy on the football field. I think most of his foibles fit neatly into this statement.

Can Ted improve ... sure ... but tougher for non-football athletes on the gridiron. Jeez, his Dad's a coach so he's had 20 years to change, so the odds are looooooong.

Bottomline: tick tick tick tick tick (could be ticking years)

I think many try to look at Ted & others through fan-colored glasses. I don't have a pro or con for Ted ... it is what it is IMHO.

Look at Ted with a coaching view. Ted's worth keeping around (& getting opportunities) until someone better needs a roster spot ... and I think Ted's not near the bottom as his speed has value & can affect the game & opponent's Defense. A trade even fits into this view ... clunker for a clunker ... see it all the time (or a sweetener for another deal).

As far as figuring out Ted, IMHO ... Ted is a track guy on the football field. I think most of his foibles fit neatly into this statement.

Can Ted improve ... sure ... but tougher for non-football athletes on the gridiron. Jeez, his Dad's a coach so he's had 20 years to change, so the odds are looooooong.

Bottomline: tick tick tick tick tick (could be ticking years)

:thanks:Jerry. That's an insightful angle to look at the Ginn sit. Hope it's only a 30 day clock, though. Ginngonow

I am a Ginn Jr. fan but have to agree. I felt he would take off after the bomb he caught from Henne in the Jets game. He seemed so relieved and really thought we'd see a lot more of that.

This is it in Miami, if he doesn't turn the corner next year he has to move on. I for one hope he drastically improves and with Miami a long time. Dude is just special on kick returns and really hope more than anything it takes that part of his game to a much higher level. Did much better the second half of the season and would like that to continue next year and that will help his comfidence on the offensive side of the ball. Ronnie getting hurt stalled him as well.

If Miami can draft a potential #1 or get one from FA, like most have been saying he could be something special.

Lets see. Guy kicks the ball 70yds. in the air. Ball falls at 32 ft. per/sec. Catches every one. Guy goes 10 yards down the field. Ball covers that 10 yards at 70 mph. Let me see one of you guys catch it. It's a speed thing. And as for catching and running out of bounds. ie the jet game, burns Revis and 2 other guys. Note: Ginn is behind them no need to run out of bounds, just faster to the end zone. You need to give it a rest. Ginn will be just fine if we get a Marshall or a Boldin.

Lets see. Guy kicks the ball 70yds. in the air. Ball falls at 32 ft. per/sec. Catches every one. Guy goes 10 yards down the field. Ball covers that 10 yards at 70 mph. Let me see one of you guys catch it. It's a speed thing. And as for catching and running out of bounds. ie the jet game, burns Revis and 2 other guys. Note: Ginn is behind them no need to run out of bounds, just faster to the end zone. You need to give it a rest. Ginn will be just fine if we get a Marshall or a Boldin.

Did you really just cut and paste the same response onto two TGJr threads???

I agree...but...is that all? Are there more issues?

Sure. He improved his route running this season. I can continue to improve that. None of us believes that will make enough of a difference if he continues to play scared.

not almost you have to have talent to get in the NFL its just weather you are willing to work for it when you get in the Nfl

Which brings me to an article that the Hereld wrote when Henne took over.They stated that Bess,Cammy,Hartline were staying after practice every day for weeks and working with Henne while NO mention was made that Ginn was spending any extra time with his teammates this spoke loud and clear who on this team was willing to work
that little bit extra...and it seems the results from working with Henne helped Bess,Cammy,and Hartline...

Back
Top Bottom