Could Ginn Improve? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Ginn Improve?

Of course Ginn can improve.

In theory anyone can at almost any age. Most players tend to improve in their first 2-5 years. He can become a much better player, if he will or not is another matter.

I consider him a role player. He should do kick returns and from time to time line up in the slot as a WR and run longer patterns. This will force the defense to adjust personnel to cover him since his speed does earn respect.

What Ginn needs cannot be taught, and he certainly cant catch what he needs.

For Ginn to improve he would have to defy the odds of improving after having poor performances for three seasons. Usually if a WR does not "get it" by year three, they never "get it." An optimistic part of us all want him to improve if he stays with the team. The realistic part of us all says the guy is a kick/punt returner and decoy deep threat at best. And as others have stated, the first step towards his improvement would be getting more physical and taking hits down field. Perhaps even bulking up 5-10 pounds (while still keeping his speed) would be beneficial as well.

Personally I think Ginn as the go to Receiver, will never work out, he is by far not tough enough or consistent to get open enough for that role, but as a complementary Receiver (#2 or #3), he can be devastating, a put the nail in your coffin type receiver...he is the perfect homerun receiver if he can continue to improve on his route running, but we need a receiver to take the pressure off of him, a real #1 receiver.

Really only thing I see wrong with him is he is scared and no hands those can be tought we cant teach speed so if you get a big reciever with hands and not scared it can boost his confidence then he will be a complete monster...

Really only thing I see wrong with him is he is scared and no hands those can be tought we cant teach speed so if you get a big reciever with hands and not scared it can boost his confidence then he will be a complete monster...

:lol2:

Honestly can you teach speed? Nah. You can teach hands trust me on that one. Also being scared to get hit you can be taught to get rid of fear. I was exagerating bout a complete monster.;)

You can't teach speed but, if he can't catch and is afraid of getting hit....not much use. You can't teach not being afraid, otherwise everyone would have at least 1 Boldin on their team. A WR not catching is just pathetic.

Like others have said...let's get a couple of track stars from the olympics...they are fast too. We can also teach them to catch, since Im trusting you its so easy....and we can take them to a psychiatrist so they aren't afraid of getting hit on the field. We don't even need to waste draft picks on olympians. :rolleyes2:

If his problems were as easy as you think......they would have been done.

Im all up for takin him to the psychiatrist!!! Oh and bout teachin hands you dont have to believe me at all but im a junior now and played football and had some of the best hands on the team but 9th grade year i couldnt catch nothing all i did was keep trieng and keep practicing...

Im all up for takin him to the psychiatrist!!! Oh and bout teachin hands you dont have to believe me at all but im a junior now and played football and had some of the best hands on the team but 9th grade year i couldnt catch nothing all i did was keep trieng and keep practicing...

I bet Ginn had the best hands in his 9th grade football team too. :rolleyes2:

Back
Top Bottom