Could have Fixed RB and QB | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could have Fixed RB and QB

Taking an interior offensive lineman with a top 15 pick is far more stubborn and non-sensical than taking a pro-ready running back in the 1st round... which is why Miami is the only team to do precisely that over nearly the last 20 years.

The Saints drafting Ingram is far from a mistake....

Repeatedly passing up legitimate quarterback prospects when you have a roster full of camp fodder at the position, and drafting interior offensive lineman in the top 15 are mistakes. You won't see teams with a clue doing either..

Actually, they should have shot craps with Mallett at 15 and then gone after the runner. The only way I will look back at this with crow in my mouth is if Pouncey morphs into the second coming of that great Ala player, Dwight Eugene Stephenson. .. and even then maybe not even.

Yes it is true we could have fixed our RB and Qb problems this year if we would have taken Ingram in the first and then Mallett in the second we would all be talking about how much of a stud Ingram is (as the Saints fans are) and we probably would have been all calling for Henne to be benched for Mallett after our first preseason game, but alas our front office ****ing sucks and we have Pounch who could be very good or might just turn out to be another guard and then we got Thomas who just might never translate to a starting NFL back...

It is all pretty depressing if you ask me, when can we get a ****ing break from stupidity, the fan bass should not be better talent evaluators than the front office...
Indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda ...

clear.gif

you guys sayin ronnies still a good back must not have seen the eagles preseason opener...he looked old and slow and didn't make anyone miss...miami did it right parting with ronnie who will be out of the league in 2 years and ricky who could only handle 5 carries per game at this stage of his career...

but miami if we weren't going qb should have absolutely taken mark ingram...and the notion that the saints are gonna regret it is nuts...they're gushing over the guy...from his talent to his work ethic to the way he interacts and meshes in the lockerroom

the saints struck gold...and they know it

Yes it is true we could have fixed our RB and Qb problems this year if we would have taken Ingram in the first and then Mallett in the second we would all be talking about how much of a stud Ingram is (as the Saints fans are) and we probably would have been all calling for Henne to be benched for Mallett after our first preseason game, but alas our front office ****ing sucks and we have Pounch who could be very good or might just turn out to be another guard and then we got Thomas who just might never translate to a starting NFL back...

It is all pretty depressing if you ask me, when can we get a ****ing break from stupidity, the fan bass should not be better talent evaluators than the front office...

So Ingram has already had an NFL HOF career while Daniel Thomas is passing out snow cones in his ice cream truck as his post-NFL bust career? It's remarkable to know the future when it hasn't been written yet.

I keep trying to forget JJ Johnson. Even seeing his name is torture. Those were horrible years. Ireland has improved the team a lot since then but he or Parcells have missed on a lot of guys and passed on some they should have taken. We have a young top 5 defense but our offense is horrible outside of Jake our wr's and maybe Reggie Bush.

I will be shocked if Daniel Thomas turns out to be anything. He just doesn't look like the NFL type to me, but what do I know? Even looking at his college highlights, he seems alright, decent player, nothing that was above that. I don't get why we needed a 2nd round pick to get him. I was disappointed in this draft, given that they know they better do something soon or their jobs are at risk.

rarely is there that once in a decade running back.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3481732

1987: Seven running backs were chosen in the first round of this draft. Not one had a single season with at least 1,000 rushing yards. In fact, only two of the seven -- Brent Fullwood (Green Bay, fourth overall) and Rod Bernstine (San Diego, 25th overall) managed to rush for 1,500 yards over their entire careers. The rest of the first round featured flops like Alonzo Highsmith and D.J. Dozier. Christian Okoye went in the second round of this draft, but the other two second-rounders, Kenny Flowers of Atlanta and Don Smith of Tampa Bay, combined for a career total of 250 rushing yards.

In sports you really can't make these black and white statements like you NEVER do this or ALWAYS do that. There are instances like LT in San Diego and Peterson in Minnesota where they were right to draft a back in the first round.
You can make the statement that generally runningbacks can be found later on in the draft, and your run blocking is more important than your actual runner. Again tho if Daniel Thomas and Pouncey end up being garbage and Ingram is the truth then you can't say we would have been wrong to draft Ingram.

Taking an interior offensive lineman with a top 15 pick is far more stubborn and non-sensical than taking a pro-ready running back in the 1st round... which is why Miami is the only team to do precisely that over nearly the last 20 years.

The Saints drafting Ingram is far from a mistake....

Repeatedly passing up legitimate quarterback prospects when you have a roster full of camp fodder at the position, and drafting interior offensive lineman in the top 15 are mistakes. You won't see teams with a clue doing either..
Maybe I should clarify. I see drafting interior OL and RB both as mistakes in our current situation. RB in the top 15 or even the 1st round is a mistake, IMO, unless you have the luxury of being able to focus on that position, as most perennial SB contenders are (not us, obviously). The Saints may fall in that category, but I think they still have holes on D that need to be addressed, which is the only reason I see it as a mistake, albeit a minor one.

When it comes to QB, on the other hand, I don't see how a team focuses on anything else until they have a legitimate starter at the position. I'm not talking the next Marino, I'm talking a good starter, at the very least; which is something we haven't had since Marino left. When you are in that situation, you draft QB in the first round, period.

In hindsight, it's easy for people to say, "Mallett went in the 3rd, so it would have been a reach." So, if we drafted him in the first, people would have been saying it was a reach? **** no. They would be saying, "finally, Miami takes a shot at a legitimate QB prospect." Yeah, a lot of teams passed on him and all of them are QB-retarded teams, such as the Miami Dolphins.

In sports you really can't make these black and white statements like you NEVER do this or ALWAYS do that. There are instances like LT in San Diego and Peterson in Minnesota where they were right to draft a back in the first round.
You can make the statement that generally runningbacks can be found later on in the draft, and your run blocking is more important than your actual runner. Again tho if Daniel Thomas and Pouncey end up being garbage and Ingram is the truth then you can't say we would have been wrong to draft Ingram.
lets just say that you can say whatever you want. people make blanket statements all the time. I would never consider drafting a running back in the 1st. esp since we are a team so far from competing that a running back isn't going to save us. Running back is easily the one position you can draft anywhere in the draft or not draft at all and still get production.

Back
Top Bottom