Could have Fixed RB and QB | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could have Fixed RB and QB

As insignificant as it seemed, I liked what Thomas showed on that 25 yard swing pass. He outran Coy Wire and broke his would-be tackle attempt.

But running up the middle? Having the timing and vision down to the degree you need in order to consistently gain yards there? Not gonna happen. Not as a rookie. Not unless the line blocking magically snaps into place and they start ripping up highway lanes for the guy to run through. And that's not going to happen, either.

Lol @ this thread

Our O line is in shambles as it is, Ingram wouldnt last past Week 1

I think the thing that bugs me most about the Mallett thing is just that he didn't have to be the team's ONLY answer, you know? They didn't take him in the 1st round at #15. OK, that was their prerogative. But then he fell all the way to the bottom of the 2nd round where Miami was able to trade up relatively cheaply, and you could have had the guy pretty cheap right there.

He wouldn't have needed to start in Miami right away. You can look out for the team's long term future and still field a good football team. Those things are not mutually exclusive! Everyone seems to want to say that they are. They're not. Hell you could have drafted Ryan Mallett and then STILL traded for Kyle Orton on top of it. Then you take care of your QB position for the present, and the future. You sign an Ahmad Bradshaw instead of a Reggie Bush (for pretty much the exact same price) and suddenly you've got a back you can actually rely upon to take 15 carries a game.

There are reports that say the Dolphins are $9.6 million under the cap right now. And yet they've still not given Soliai a contract extension, which would free up even more cap space. There are other moves the Dolphins could have made in free agency to help them be a good team now, AS WELL AS in the future...but they've foregone those moves.

You have to work smarter, not harder.

Well, they won't be around much longer so whatever.

Logically they did not know Mallet would get past the first round which meant they would have had to gamble a bit more on the running back postion in FA provided you logically assume they would have still drafted the rest of the guys in the rounds that they did. Of course drafting Mallett or any other QB very high in the draft would have doomed Henne tenure with the outside hope that the rookie could pull off the job or you give another high round pick like a 2nd in next years draft for a guy like Orton.
You may very well be right and IMO you are but I can still understand the logic that they used in their approach. My a concern is I hate to see us throw out the baby with the bathwater in terms of Ireland as IMO he has done the better job than any GM we have had. I liked JJ's draft for instance as he was the trade down kind before the Pats showed up at the drafts but his offensive player he drafted left something to be desired.

Logically they did not know Mallet would get past the first round which meant they would have had to gamble a bit more on the running back postion in FA provided you logically assume they would have still drafted the rest of the guys in the rounds that they did. Of course drafting Mallett or any other QB very high in the draft would have doomed Henne tenure with the outside hope that the rookie could pull off the job or you give another high round pick like a 2nd in next years draft for a guy like Orton.
You may very well be right and IMO you are but I can still understand the logic that they used in their approach. My a concern is I hate to see us throw out the baby with the bathwater in terms of Ireland as IMO he has done the better job than any GM we have had. I liked JJ's draft for instance as he was the trade down kind before the Pats showed up at the drafts but his offensive player he drafted left something to be desired.
i hated his trade down ways tbh. I'm not sure any of the trading down ever paid off for us. in fact his trade downs cost us randy moss.

I think the Vikes are pretty happy with Peterson... That blanket opinion is nonsense, if a guy is a great prospect and he fits a need at rb, you take him rd 1.
Same thing with Ingram - if he ends up being a beast nd DT stinks obviously we ****ed up! I say if anything u never draft a ****ing center in rd 1.
and what has AD brought them in terms of wins? you need a qb, ol, and dl....everything else can be plugged in with no names.

and what has AD brought them in terms of wins? you need a qb, ol, and dl....everything else can be plugged in with no names.

Um, if Brett Favre doesn't throw an ******* pick against the saints, the Vikes have at the minimum a super bowl appearance nd a couple of winning seasons while we have done absolute dick.

Um, if Brett Favre doesn't throw an ******* pick against the saints, the Vikes have at the minimum a super bowl appearance nd a couple of winning seasons while we have done absolute dick.
that same year AD had 1300 yards and his lowest YPC of his career...meaning, even when he was at his best, 2008, they needed a QB...when they got that QB in 2009, it didn't matter as much how he did....their winning or losing was dependent on Favre not the RB...

GB won the SB with a 6th round pick out of Buffalo who replaced their injured starter who was a late round pick himself...

That's how it is with the Dolphins for the past 15 years or so. Could have drafted Randy Moss, Brees, Boldin, could have signed Brees, could have drafted Aaron Rodgers, could have drafted Frank Gore, could have, should have everything. Get used to it.

Every team could have, would have, should have. Monday morning quarterbacking is easy.

Back
Top Bottom