Could Kyler Murray Dictate Where He Is Going? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Kyler Murray Dictate Where He Is Going?

I wish he’d just hire an agent, get a QB coach and get to work. As of now the evidence screams baseball to me. I’m predicting he plays baseball for two years and is JAG and comes back to football. Hope I’m wrong and I hope he’s a Miami Dolphin.

If he just committed to going to the NFL Combine, which is what Adam Schefter reported, then that doesn't scream baseball to me, because the A's want him to report on February 15th and the NFL Combine starts February 26th.

If he just committed to going to the NFL Combine, which is what Adam Schefter reported, then that doesn't scream baseball to me, because the A's want him to report on February 15th and the NFL Combine starts February 26th.

He’s going. I need to hear he’s participating before i get all tingly.

I really don't get the infatuation with this kid. I don't see the justification for the hype. I think whoever drafts him is going to be disappointed in 4 yrs.

Besides his height, name me something Murray doesn't have going for him.

Some of his games this year on youtube. Watch them and see whether it changes your opinion on him.

In QB driven league I can’t imagine he is available at #13.
For Murray fans, are you willing to jump to #4 or #5 for him if he gets past top 3?
If I’m Raiders or Bucs GM I’m asking: X, #13, 2020 Rd 1.

For Murray fans, are you willing to jump to #4 or #5 for him if he gets past top 3?

Dolphins need to move up to #1, 2 or 3 spot and grab one of Murray, Haskins, or Lock, whoever is available. If there is more than one of them available at that spot on draft night, then they can nitpick which one they like better. In the end it does not matter which one they get -- it's a preference.

They need to give up whatever it takes, as many picks as it takes. The fact they still have not done that means it's a clown show in Davie.

One way to trade up to #3 spot is to trade Laremy Tunsil to the Jets. He is a first round value. The Jets need to protect Darnold, and they have Kelvin Beachum who was a seventh round pick, not a prototypical left tackle. Dead money if they cut him this offseason is only 1.5 mil.
I'm sure the Jets will be looking to improve the tackle position. Beachum is signed through 2019 for 9.5 mil, so he is not exactly cheap and does not appear to be the long term answer.
Tunsil would cost the Jets 5.5 mil with Beachum's dead money. Tunsil has a 2020 option for 12.5 mil, so that would give them two years of playing time with Darnold before they need to make a contract decision on Tunsil.
So the Jet's would get Tunsil, our #13 pick, that's two first round #13 pick values of 2300 points equivalence, #3 pick is valued at 2200 points. FO could throw in some late round pick as well if the Jets insist but that would be a bit unreasonable since Tunsil is worth more than 1150 points, he is a top 5 pick, Left Tackle.

If you look at since 2016 draft, Ronnie Stanley, Jack Conklin went ahead of him, top 1, then after him went Taylor Decker. In 2017 there were no top 10 left tackles, Bolles and Ramczyk went later. Last year Kolton Miller was the left tackle. It's tough sledding. He is absolutely worth more than 1150 points in a draft trade for a team targeting a left tackle.

Last edited:
Dolphins need to move up to #1, 2 or 3 spot and grab one of Murray, Haskins, or Lock, whoever is available. If there is more than one of them available at that spot on draft night, then they can nitpick which one they like better. In the end it does not matter which one they get -- it's a preference.

They need to give up whatever it takes, as many picks as it takes. The fact they still have not done that means it's a clown show in Davie.

One way to trade up to #3 spot is to trade Laremy Tunsil to the Jets. He is a first round value. The Jets need to protect Darnold, and they have Kelvin Beachum who was a seventh round pick, not a prototypical left tackle. Dead money if they cut him this offseason is only 1.5 mil.
I'm sure the Jets will be looking to improve the tackle position. Beachum is signed through 2019 for 9.5 mil, so he is not exactly cheap and does not appear to be the long term answer.
Tunsil would cost the Jets 5.5 mil with Beachum's dead money. Tunsil has a 2020 option for 12.5 mil, so that would give them two years of playing time with Darnold before they need to make a contract decision on Tunsil.
So the Jet's would get Tunsil, our #13 pick, that's two first round #13 pick values of 2300 points equivalence, #3 pick is valued at 2200 points. FO could throw in some late round pick as well if the Jets insist but that would be a bit unreasonable since Tunsil is worth more than 1150 points, he is a top 5 pick, Left Tackle.

If you look at since 2016 draft, Ronnie Stanley, Jack Conklin went ahead of him, top 1, then after him went Taylor Decker. In 2017 there were no top 10 left tackles, Bolles and Ramczyk went later. Last year Kolton Miller was the left tackle. It's tough sledding. He is absolutely worth more than 1150 points in a draft trade for a team targeting a left tackle.
Trade away Tunsil??? Wtf are you smoking? They need to build the trench not dig a deeper hole. That would be the worst thing this franchise could do, trade away a young LT to the hated Jets and make their line stronger in the process? Who the hell is going to protect our QBs backside? This has to be one of THE most insane things I’ve read today.

Also it’s been made very clear our front office does not like the QBs (not counting Murray in this statement)

Ironically, we'd have the ammunition right now if Ross had his way last year.

Not that it's exactly a hot take, but he's not getting to 13. Someone is going to fall absolutely in love with him and take him early. The irony would be thick enough to spread on a slice of bread if the Oakland Raiders take him.

http://www.oudaily.com/sports/ou-fo...cle_5f90b8f2-db8f-11e8-803a-4b1ba70571ef.html

This is Kyler Murray's HIGH SCHOOL coach. These are the things he was doing leading his offense in HIGH SCHOOL.

Coach Fleener: For three years, I never had to yell at receivers to run hard on a route. Kyler was going to let them hear it and the whole field was going to hear it.

Guyton: If he sees something he doesn’t like or something isn’t right, then he will step up and say, “Let’s go, get your head out of your ass.”

Lee Morris: He’s always been a playmaker, and he’s always expected the best out of his teammates.

Coach Fleener: We used to have a little five-minute break in our practice after we did routes on air. There were multiple instances where he would say, “We’re not going to break. Get your butt back out here.” He would get after them.

Olootu Jr.: He’s so competitive that after practice he would make us do one-on-ones. Me, him and Guyten. We went at it.

Carter: Coach Fleener would always say, “You have to practice at that speed, not just flip a switch … Unless you’re Kyler.” Because he didn’t need to flip a switch — the switch was always flipped.

Coach Fleener: He doesn’t get guys that have to flip a switch to turn it on. When it’s time to practice, it’s time to practice. When it’s time to play a game, it’s time to play a game. He doesn’t understand pregame speeches. He doesn’t understand that need to listen to a song before they got out and play … It bothers him that guys don’t just walk on the field and the switch is on to be a beast.

I imagine this nature of his has only grown since then. There's a reason the deeper you go into the tape the more nuance you see in the way he communicates and runs the OU offense.

You could see the way he handled his players in the Texas Tech game. Cody Ford had Tony Jones walk by him, lean over and spit in his face as Jones passed by him. Ford retaliated immediately and got flagged for it because his retaliation was the only thing the officials saw. CeeDee Lamb nearly got ejected for an unnecessary roughness followed by an unsportsmanlike conduct on the same play. In both cases you could see Kyler Murray get in the players' faces and bring them back to task.

Back
Top Bottom