Could Ross be waiting for 49ers to end season?Mangini? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Ross be waiting for 49ers to end season?Mangini?

Hate if you must, but he is a brilliant football mind that has ton to offer.

He has a lot to offer when it comes to doctoring injury reports, i'll concede that.

Building a team? Not so much.

Oh, and Mangini is a snake.

If Mangina is signed, I will know that Dawn Aponte is actually running this team from Ross's crotch.

I have no opinion on Mangini but so far all I have is seen is the franchise is interviewing boys for a position where we need the leadership of a man. Under the last 2 games of this year this team folded under Philbin not Ireland and we have Aponte telling the head coach what to say and not say after games in interviews after the games. Folks we need leadership on this team and even the team captains from 2012 we're jettisoned last year for their efforts. Scary and depressing.

Mangini would be the worst hire possible. He's got a track record of
abject failure at anything more than a coordinator.

---------- Post added at 04:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 AM ----------

I have no opinion on Mangini but so far all I have is seen is the franchise is interviewing boys for a position where we need the leadership of a man. Under the last 2 games of this year this team folded under Philbin not Ireland and we have Aponte telling the head coach what to say and not say after games in interviews after the games. Folks we need leadership on this team and even the team captains from 2012 we're jettisoned last year for their efforts. Scary and depressing.

How can you not have a position on a guy that was less successful than Ireland?

---------- Post added at 04:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

Hate if you must, but he is a brilliant football mind that has ton to offer.

Can you show any causation for your opinion other than ratting out Bellicheck?

Mangini would be the worst hire possible. He's got a track record of
abject failure at anything more than a coordinator.

---------- Post added at 04:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 AM ----------

How can you not have a position on a guy that was less successful than Ireland?

---------- Post added at 04:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

Can you show any causation for your opinion other than ratting out Bellicheck?

Not sure Mangini was less successful, he just had bosses that actually fired people when they were not successful

Not sure Mangini was less successful, he just had bosses that actually fired people when they were not successful
Go back and look at Mangini's drafts. It all depends on who you hold responsible for
Miami's drafts during Ireland's tenure. Mangini's track record was being good at
spotting DBs and OL in the first two rounds, but unable to evaluate any other position.
For Joe Hayden and Alex Mack, he also had Brady Quinn and Vernon Gholston.
Almost nobody other than his first rounders that he chose are even still in the NFL.

Go back and look at Mangini's drafts. It all depends on who you hold responsible for
Miami's drafts during Ireland's tenure. Mangini's track record was being good at
spotting DBs and OL in the first two rounds, but unable to evaluate any other position.
For Joe Hayden and Alex Mack, he also had Brady Quinn and Vernon Gholston.
Almost nobody other than his first rounders that he chose are even still in the NFL.

well I always hold the gm responsible although with any team there are outside factors.
Both guys deserved to be fired its just that in football Ross is probably less proficient with the ax than his normal business.
Probably more to do with lack of familiarity with the football business

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I love it. People **** on Eric Mangini. Yet, the premier NFL franchise. The team that might very well win the Super Bowl thought that Mangini could help them enough that they added him to their coaching staff. Soooo, if he sucks so bad why did they add him?

The only thing I know about Mangini is he was on the Soprano's once when he was the coach of the Jets.
That alone makes me want to puke.

I loved the Soprano's BTW.

I love it. People **** on Eric Mangini. Yet, the premier NFL franchise. The team that might very well win the Super Bowl thought that Mangini could help them enough that they added him to their coaching staff. Soooo, if he sucks so bad why did they add him?
He's a consultant. Nothing more. Certainly your interest is not based on his being a consultant for the 49ers?

Regardless of one's opinion of Mangini, if this was true (that we are waiting for a chance at him), that would be such a huge gamble for Ross. I'm pretty sure you risk losing every other candidate by waiting that long and I think we have some decent GM possibilities waiting in the wings right now. I'm more worried about waiting, and then not getting that person and then losing out on the others and then having to settle for what's left.

Back
Top Bottom