Could Ross be waiting for 49ers to end season?Mangini? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Ross be waiting for 49ers to end season?Mangini?

....Or waiting on the results of the Wells investigation. ?

Why would they need to wait? If they are interested, all they would have to do is seek permission right?

There is no reason why Mangini should be our GM or even in charge of the football department. We are trying to get better, not worse.

I love it. People **** on Eric Mangini. Yet, the premier NFL franchise. The team that might very well win the Super Bowl thought that Mangini could help them enough that they added him to their coaching staff. Soooo, if he sucks so bad why did they add him?

He is not on the coaching staff he is a consultant and, if you pretend that you know what that entails you are a liar.

He did build a good team that Rex took to two AFC championship games.

It's interesting...no one in NE wanted Belichick. I'm sure most of Boston said something like "meh, that dude sawks wicked hahd" or something. Pete Carrol was USC's 4th or 5th option and they were publicly derided for months. It's funny how success will turn an idiot into a genius.

Can you show any causation for your opinion other than ratting out Bellicheck?

Exactly. Jake the Snake Roberts running around calling everyone snakes should know one when he sees one. You would think so anyway.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

If someone of credibility wishes to call Eric Mangini a great football mind, they are free to do so, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, they are not entitled to their own facts however. I fail to see how Mangini's record as a coach or administrator demonstrates anything but utter incompetence. Much like the love that Scott Pioli generates among the ignorant, I'm left confused by how some people see a Van Gogh in a pile of cow ****. In a five-year NFL head coaching career, encompassing 2 jobs, he had a record of 33-47. If that qualifies him as brilliant, I'd hate to see what someone has to do to be an incompetent. Mangini's career winning percentage is lower than Dick Jauron's!

Previous to being a head coach Mangini was a DC in New England for a single-year! His defense ranked 17th in points, and 26th in total defense! Certainly evidence of genius, to have a defense that was less than average in one important ranking, and downright putrid in the other! So far as I can tell, Mangini's "brilliant football mind" is a result of his being employed, for one season now, as an offensive consultant with a Super Bowl contender. A team that was a contender in 2 previous seasons before Mangini ever got there. But what have been the results? The Niners rank exactly where they did in points before Mangini was hired as a consultant (11th), and much worse in yardage gained, dropping from 11th last year to 24th this season!

If anyone claims Mangini has a brilliant football mind, they are exposing themselves to mockery. The claim cannot be supported by any evidence we have, and much like the laudatory claims about Pioli, when scrutinized, they are rubbish. What we can say is that outside of Nick Saban and Tom Dimitrioff in Atlanta, Belichick's acolytes have been propped up by Belichick, and that includes Bill Parcells too, because outside of their association with Belichick they've all failed, repeatedly on their own. Parcells hasn't won a single playoff game in his career without Belichick as his DC. That's a factual claim. I've yet to see any facts to support the notion that Mangini is anything more than a guy that happened to be at the right place at the right time.

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone of credibility wishes to call Eric Mangini a great football mind, they are free to do so, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, they are not entitled to their own facts however. I fail to see how Mangini's record as a coach or administrator demonstrates anything but utter incompetence. Much like the love that Scott Pioli generates among the ignorant, I'm left confused by how some people see a Van Gogh in a pile of cow ****. In a five-year NFL head coaching career, encompassing 2 jobs, he had a record of 33-47. If that qualifies him as brilliant, I'd hate to see what someone has to do to be an incompetent. Mangini's career winning percentage is lower than Dick Jauron's!

Previous to being a head coach Mangini was a DC in New England for a single-year! His defense ranked 17th in points, and 26th in total defense! Certainly evidence of genius, to have a defense that was less than average in one important ranking, and downright putrid in the other! So far as I can tell, Mangini's "brilliant football mind" is a result of his being employed, for one season now, as an offensive consultant with a Super Bowl contender. A team that was a contender in 2 previous seasons before Mangini ever got there. But what have been the results? The Niners rank exactly where they did in points before Mangini was hired as a consultant (11th), and much worse in yardage gained, dropping from 11th last year to 24th this season! If anyone claims Mangini has a brilliant football mind, they are exposing themselves to mockery. The claim cannot be supported by any evidence we have, and much like the laudatory claims about Pioli, when scrutinized, they are rubbish. What we can say is that outside of Nick Saban and Tom Dimitrioff in Atlanta, Belichick's acolytes have been propped up by Belichick, and that includes Bill Parcells too, because outside of their association with Belichick they've all failed, repeatedly on their own. Parcells hasn't won a single playoff game in his career without Belichick as his DC. That's a factual claim. I've yet to see any facts to support the notion that Mangini is anything more than a guy that happened to be at the right place at the right time.

Very interesting post! Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom