Could the Vikings have an interest in Rosen? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could the Vikings have an interest in Rosen?

If Chris Grier could get a 2nd round pick back that would be great. However he would look foolish trading a 2nd and 4th then a few months later only getting a 2nd round pick in return. I mean if you could get a 1st and 4th just to take on Cousins' contract that would be probably the best you would get. Then just cut Cousins next year or keep him as an expensive backup. Either way it just doesn't look like Josh Rosen is in the Dolphins long term plans.

It might be early to say that. Any qb not named Tua is likely going to be in a head to head battle with Rosen next year with Rosen having a few years of NFL experience under his belt. I wouldn't say Fromm or Herbert are locks to beat out Rosen.

No thanks, if anything he’d make a great #2 if he isn’t the starter. You know what? If it’s for another 1st rounder I’d consider it.

Keep Rosen. He's one of the reasons we watch and pay to see games. This isn't the NBA. We don't want or need cousins.

I don't think there's anyone out there that will give a 1 for Rosen unless we can somehow get Jim Irsay on the phone while he's riding a high.

Depends on what Rosen looks like at the end of the year, doubt Dolphins would sell him if the offer isn't at minimum a somewhat high 2nd round pick and there was a draftable player they want bad. Why have 1 when you can have 2 developing QB's, If the starter was hurt you would have a backup.

I could see selling Rosen if the price was right, that's certainly not a 3rd or 4th round pick. His value on the rookie contract will be good 2 more years after this one so why pay a veteran 3 to 6 mil when you can have 1 on the cheap 1.2 mil a year for 3 more years, Arizona already paid the bulk of his contract close to 10.8 mil in signing bonus.

Hopefully it's Tua and the competition he provides drives Rosen to become a better QB, Tua gets nick up a game or 2 in the next 3 years and Rosen comes in and play's well with a better offense his value will only rise, if not and it's going into the 5th year sell him cheap then.

The Vikings have just one more year with Cousins. They're not trading a 1st and 4th just to save a year.

The Vikings have just one more year with Cousins. They're not trading a 1st and 4th just to save a year.

1 and 3/4 years. Or roughly $45 million.

They can’t really going into 2020 with the status quo.

Maybe they make a move up for one of the other QBs ride out that final year of Cousins.

But will it be Zimmer/Speilman? Probably not.

I am trying to sniff out some desperation and take advantage of it.

1 and 3/4 years. Or roughly $45 million.

They can’t really going into 2020 with the status quo.

Maybe they make a move up for one of the other QBs ride out that final year of Cousins.

But will it be Zimmer/Speilman? Probably not.

I am trying to sniff out some desperation and take advantage of it.
So if they make that trade, what are they riding into 2020 with at qb? Sometimes the status quo is better than the alternative. Don't get me wrong, I'd make this trade in a heart beat. We have so much cap space we can just eat the Cousins contract since there's no way we're using all that space, but I just don't see the Vikings doing this.

Rosen is just keeping the Center's butt warm for whichever QB Miami drafts.

So if they make that trade, what are they riding into 2020 with at qb? Sometimes the status quo is better than the alternative. Don't get me wrong, I'd make this trade in a heart beat. We have so much cap space we can just eat the Cousins contract since there's no way we're using all that space, but I just don't see the Vikings doing this.

Rosen and cap space.

There’s room to negotiate.

I like JRs talents myself. Wouldn’t shock me if by seasons end this cast of offensive players is scoring 17-20 points a game.

PS let’s go Dallas.

Back
Top Bottom