Could the Vikings have an interest in Rosen? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could the Vikings have an interest in Rosen?

Would you trade Rosen to them for a first round? They need someone to throw the deep ball and Rosen is very capable.

OP brings up an interesting scenario. Usually teams just eat the player's salary for that season then cut him in the off-season, but cousins money is fully guaranteed. I wouldn't be at all shocked. I'm guessing they'd prefer Fitzpatrick though, veteran coming into a ready made team

I think I need the 1st round pick just to take on Cousins deal, so that leaves the rest of the deal being Rosen for 4th. I'm going to need more than a 1st and 4th at this point. And Cousins playing with this line would not be pretty.
I don't want Cousin's anywhere near this team. He's not a big game winner, although I would take his agent in a heartbeat.

Id be definitely taking Spielman's call to hear if there is a way we can help them out of their contract issue...for a reasonable price, of course. But it would probably happen after the season...talking to a new Vikes GM.

The point is that you're taking on Cousins' ugly contract and getting reimbursed to do so. Cousins is ancillary.
I'm thinking this can be achieved by trading back with 1 of our first to gain more draft capital either next year, the following or even the year after. I wouldn't take on that contract for more draft capital when the Dophins already have 3 first and 2 seconds next year with which they can use to gain more picks.

I'm thinking this can be achieved by trading back with 1 of our first to gain more draft capital either next year, the following or even the year after. I wouldn't take on that contract for more draft capital when the Dophins already have 3 first and 2 seconds next year with which they can use to gain more picks.
That is a good point, and I think likely. I would be open to both though. I've seen stats that about 1/2 of 1st rounders don't pan out...I'd look to increase the numerator in the equation to solve the problem.

I can see Miami trading Rosen on the 2nd day of the 2020 draft, if teams in need of a QB don't get one in the top two rounds of the draft. I'd bet my last dollar; Minnesota will draft a QB at some point in the 1st two rounds, if not, they could be a top contender for Rosen's services.

Can you read?

I clearly just want the draft pick.

Some people just want to be outraged.

Not outraged, just surprised by how stupid the idea is. With the cap space that Kirk Cousins would eat up, you could probably sign 4 at least solid NFL free agent veterans, that’s 4 players that you have film on. You could target players under 30 at positions of need. Vs for what? One mid to late round first round pick, a 4th as I recall you added in for some odd reason, and a horrible QB with one of the worst contracts in the league?

One of the benefits of draft picks is if they hit and end up being good players, you have them on their rookie contracts, so they are cheap. You sort of counteract that by adding $55 million plus another $23 million in cap space that won’t roll over to next year, so that’s like adding $78 million for a couple of draft picks. Dude, you might be able to sign 5 or 6 quality NFL free agent starters for that.

Dude, the math doesn’t add up, it doesn’t make any sense, that’s all. No outrage, just shocked at the nincompoopery of it, that’s all...

It might be early to say that. Any qb not named Tua is likely going to be in a head to head battle with Rosen next year with Rosen having a few years of NFL experience under his belt. I wouldn't say Fromm or Herbert are locks to beat out Rosen.
I doubt Tua beats out Rosen initially and I, like Flores, am not a fan of throwing a QB (irrespective of the name on the jersey), before they are ready. It doesn't make sense to do so if you have any other choice.

A lot of teams do it, but not many are sucessful. Obviously there are exceptions like Aikman, and P. Manning, but you can also ruin a young QB that way.

I'd 100% take a first round pick to accept Cousins' contract. I don't think they'd give up more than a 2nd, though.

Not interested in trading Rosen for less than a first rounder...I love the idea of Josh and another top overall pick QB competing for the starting job on what will be a much more talented team next year...the beauty is Josh is under a cheap contract(since Arizona paid most of it)....We have the luxury of doing this, and should take advantage of it unless we get a killer trade!

I doubt Tua beats out Rosen initially and I, like Flores, am not a fan of throwing a QB (irrespective of the name on the jersey), before they are ready. It doesn't make sense to do so if you have any other choice.

A lot of teams do it, but not many are sucessful. Obviously there are exceptions like Aikman, and P. Manning, but you can also ruin a young QB that way.

its actually interesting to think of that scenario...and I agree!

Back
Top Bottom