Cowboys Release DEREK ROSS! **UPDATE** Phins Put In Claim | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cowboys Release DEREK ROSS! **UPDATE** Phins Put In Claim

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Cowboys Release DEREK ROSS!

ESPN: Cowboys Release CB Derek Ross

Ross was a MAJOR steal in the third round of last year's draft and was the starting CB next to Newman before getting hurt in the preseason. He recently came back and is their nickel back, he is also a pretty good return man. IMO, Miami should be ALL OVER THIS! We should pick him up, this guy looked great last year.

If we get Ross and he works out, we may even be able to release Madison next year if he refuses to restructure his contract.

This would be a great signing for us.

I know about Derek Ross too, he was a great cornerback last year and has a bright career ahead of himself. If we are cutting madison then one of the best young choices to replace him would be this guy.

clear.gif

Derek Ross

Guy had 5 interceptions as a rookie 3rd-round pick last year, has one this year. Rumor in Dallas is that he pissed Parcells off in a meeting. You know Parcells, homie don't play dat.

PICK HIM UP NOW!!!

I agree, I thought you guys were nuts when cleveland released head case KJ, Ross can play.

We will have no chance though, because anybody with a brain in front of us in the waiver wire will pick him up.

parcells is crazy. ross, regardless of their problems, is a serious baller. i guess he's happy with mario edwards though. from getting toasted by peerless price in the '99 fiesta bowl to getting torched by cc on thursday, he's quite the cb.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Section126

We will have no chance though, because anybody with a brain in front of us in the waiver wire will pick him up.

Nah, Ross got RELEASED, not waived.

He is free to sign anywhere.

Guys I dont mean to rain on your parade and I have heard this guy is going to be a solid player as well but if Parcells cuts a player seems to me there must be something either wrong with the player, he does not have a track record of making personal mistakes when it comes to good football players, I think there is more tothis story then what is out there right now.

We should pick him up because we need a CB. However, he is not a good replacement if Madison won't restructure (which I think (hope) he will do). If he was so good, he wouldn't have been released.

Yeah... but Parcells is the kind of coach who would cut a guy for a few bad games as a returner... we don't need him to return, if that's his weakness

Ice.. you're completely wrong. Parcells is the toughest coach in the NFL as far as dicipline. Ross disrespected him.

Here is a quote from the Cowboys board at KFFL:

Ross openly challenged Parcells. On the day after the game, he refused to run wind sprints in practice because he claimed he was "already in shape".

Wonder if he called him a homo? :D

I think it is a move buy Parcells to scare some people....trying to fire some people up. You would never see Wanny do that.

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$
I think it is a move buy Parcells to scare some people....

Nah, you don't cut a guy who had 5 picks at age 22. Parcells does not like to be challenged by his players. You challenge Parcells, and he doesn't care who you are, he'll just say.. PEACE!

Back
Top Bottom