Cowboys Release DEREK ROSS! **UPDATE** Phins Put In Claim | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cowboys Release DEREK ROSS! **UPDATE** Phins Put In Claim

Re: Cowboys Release DEREK ROSS!

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
ESPN: Cowboys Release CB Derek Ross

Ross was a MAJOR steal in the third round of last year's draft and was the starting CB next to Newman before getting hurt in the preseason. He recently came back and is their nickel back, he is also a pretty good return man. IMO, Miami should be ALL OVER THIS! We should pick him up, this guy looked great last year.

If we get Ross and he works out, we may even be able to release Madison next year if he refuses to restructure his contract.

This would be a great signing for us.

Releasing Madison will do us NO GOOD. We would eat about $7 million in dead cap space and only save $1 million against the cap. We have to hope Madison will take a paycut, or we just have to suck up his salary.

I agree though, Ross would be a great signing. There are no guarantees T-Buck will return next year. Cornerback is presently very thin for us. Surtain is nicked-up and Fletcher is done. We could really use him down the stretch. It would make for a very short stay by Wyrick!!!!

Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life
Derek Ross, wasn't he a Buckeye??

Yeah, & he was advised not to leave early.

I think I'd rather have him than Wyrick.

BTW, Madison is not getting cut with the way he's playing.

They should get ross for sure then... we need to get rid of the M***igan scum and sign some good players, some BUCKEYE players.

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$
I think it is a move buy Parcells to scare some people....trying to fire some people up. You would never see Wanny do that.

Ummm.. Mark Royals anyone???

Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life
They should get ross for sure then... we need to get rid of the M***igan scum and sign some good players, some BUCKEYE players.

GOOOOO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm in Columbus here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would absolutely love for your guys Bucks to have to play Miami again this year. Maybe this time the Luckeyes won't have a ref 20 yards from the play make calls.

Derek Ross refused to run wind and you want him? I don't know, I think if anything has been taught this year it's that players with bad attitudes do more harm for their team than good.

Randy Moss has played with much less attitude and basically the same team is much better this year for it.

Originally posted by SkapePhin

Ummm.. Mark Royals anyone???

Dave did not cut Mark to scare people he had an ace up his sleeve named Matt Turk.

Says who? Second off, he can have him...when players on his own team are glad he's gone and then other top players around the league say the situation wouldn't work for their team either, I think I'll stay away from players with questionable work habits and bad attitudes.

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$

Dave did not cut Mark to scare people he had an ace up his sleeve named Matt Turk.

Fine.. Darryl Gardner anyone?

The fact is that Wanny surrounds himself with high character guys, so it rarely comes to that.. but he displayed that if push comes to shove (Ala the Gardner situation).. He will shove.

I think you were letting your Anti-Wannstadt bias cloud your memory.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Nah, you don't cut a guy who had 5 picks at age 22. Parcells does not like to be challenged by his players. You challenge Parcells, and he doesn't care who you are, he'll just say.. PEACE!

Maybe so, but Parcells uses fear as a motivator so I'm sure this move served several purposes. Nobody thought Milloy being released from the Pats was a good Idea, but everything worked out fine. I would love if the Fins picked this guy up.

Originally posted by SkapePhin

Fine.. Darryl Gardner anyone?

The fact is that Wanny surrounds himself with high character guys, so it rarely comes to that.. but he displayed that if push comes to shove (Ala the Gardner situation).. He will shove.

I think you were letting your Anti-Wannstadt bias cloud your memory.

I was just about to say something along these lines.

Forget Ross, we have no chance. Because he has been in the league for less than 3 years, Ross was put on waivers. We're 8-4, which equals no chance. No way he passes Detroit.

Remember that Gardener was an alternate to the pro bowl the season that dave cut him.....and the reason he cut him was that Gardener showed up to the airport for a road game in shorts and sandals when the team rule is slacks and sport coat.

Back
Top Bottom