Cowboys Release DEREK ROSS! **UPDATE** Phins Put In Claim | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cowboys Release DEREK ROSS! **UPDATE** Phins Put In Claim

Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life
He would be a good fit here... nobody respects Wanny

Is that why Jason Taylor made that big speech in the locker room after the Dallas game praising him and giving him the game ball?? :rolleyes:

Maybe you don't respect Wannstedt. But you have no absolutely no clue about what goes on in that locker room.

Honestly.....even if they're just jokes....these kinds of comments just bother me. Can't help it.

Originally posted by Section126
Remember that Gardener was an alternate to the pro bowl the season that dave cut him.....and the reason he cut him was that Gardener showed up to the airport for a road game in shorts and sandals when the team rule is slacks and sport coat.

There was A LOT more to it than that. It was an accumulation of things. But he cut him for the sake of the locker room.

As far as Derek Ross goes, Bill Parcells just sent his team a message. If you p*ss him off......for whatever reason......your azz is grass. You can expect his players to play even harder on Sunday.

If Derek Ross disrespected BILL PARCELLS like that, how's he gonna react to a lesser coach (which pretty much entails the rest of the NFL's head coaches).

At 22, he's certainly not a lost cause. But he's a risk RIGHT NOW to locker room harmony.

You know, I am beginning to get upset at th anti-Dave attitude of some on this board.

I almost want the dolphins to win the super bowl not for me and the party of the century that I will throw....but for Dave.

BTW, I know for a fact that the players LOVE Wanny, and Dave works them hard, you know why? IT IS CALLED RESPECT.

All I know is with Dave as HC we have some talent but nothing to show for it but one playoff appearence. I want this team to win and I just don't see that with Dave and Jay here. Don't take it so personal.

With Fletcher now gone for the season the FO is looking for another DB. If he falls to us, we would definitely put in a claim. But he will never fall that far.

One playoff appearance? check your facts......I won't even correct you.....just check your facts.

Dave is a good coach and if he runs the table, he might get the coach of the year (remember that they vote for COY on super bowl week), we are lucky to have this coaching staff, and quite frankly their is no coached out there, that get me excited.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't read this thread since yesterday. How did this become so "dog the coach"?

I don't know how it happened scrappy.

But it seems like a good post to sneak in and say,

"I've been thinking for the past couple of weeks that no matter what happens this year, Dave should be back in 2004."

SSSHHHH......:eat:

I agree its seems like perfect timing. Fletcher goes on IR so does simmons and he becomes available? Go get him. If nothing else he could help in the nickel when fletcher goes and potentially t-buck retires.

Falcons received D. Ross on waiver claims. They were one of ten teams to put in a claim. We put in a claim, but were at the bottom of the list having A SHOT AT HIM. The falcons had the worst record and received him.

In addition to the Falcons, the other teams filing waiver claims were: Jacksonville, New Orleans, Oakland, Detroit, Washington, Tampa Bay, Green Bay, Denver and Miami. The league procedure, when there are multiple claims at this point in the season, is to award the player to the club that currently has the worst record of the group.

The Falcons will assume Ross' contract, which means they will have to pay him only $70,588 for the balance of the year, the prorated share of his $300,000 base salary. He is also under contract for 2004 at a minimum base salary of $380,000. Given the state of the Falcons secondary, which has already been revamped once this season and figures to undergo a wholesale overhaul again in the offseason, it is conceivable that Ross could compete for a starting job next year

Last edited by a moderator:
Inside skinny on Ross was that he became a head case, he was Jerry Jones pick , one of the player KC traded down to get Ryan SIms with I believe.
from raiderfans.net...Fumbled two kickoffs on Thursday... Article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1676208
"a cowboy fan who I work with said that he was cut because he got into some kind of a fight thursday night after the game, and then on friday he didnt show up for some team sprints, and something about skiping a hospital trip for kids.... who know if any of that is true but thats from a cowboys fan" (posted by dnvr8rfan).

Baggage case, skipped out of going to a kid's hospital for charity as well. Jerry's kid gets cut by Tuna. Edwards the Cowboys other cb drafted round 6 the same year took his spot over. Losing streaks, a guy messes up and acts a fool, all taken care of in fell swoop. Props to ya Tuna and good luck.

PS- He was not a shutdown corner, he got burnt his share in man covers, Campo had to zone with him more than man cover. He faces ball to make plays like a safety, but no safety size. Arturo Freeman mold, but perhaps not as tough albeit faster. He faces ball well to make plays, loses the ball in man cover or in the air once he turns to run. You did not miss out, Freeman can learn from Knight just well, Ross was a tweener and will fit with a pass heavy D that gets pressure without blitzing.
Lots of DB free agents this offseason, think you can get value elsewhere. Age wise he has potential, but a head case pans out how often? Your team needs focus not distraction. Good luck this week.

Back
Top Bottom