Crazy Mock Draft Ive Seen | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crazy Mock Draft Ive Seen

Lets see... Shaun Alexander and Edgerrin James could have been had last season for a 2nd rounder, but the 9er's are gonna trade down 14 spots for Ricky and next year's #2? Every SF fan on the planet would spontaneously combust if they made that trade.

First of all, I am neither a Young supporter or a Leinhart supporter. I am personally indifferent to both because we have no chance at getting them.
But I do however find some flaws with your argument that I must point out.

Boomer said:
3 National Titles potentially, 1 Heisman,
Both of these are completely irrelevant when judging Qb's. Honestly, how many of the great qb's who are in the NFL right now have won national titles.

Peyton Manning didn't.
Matt Hasselback didn't.
Brady didn't.
Eli didn't
Delhomme didn't. (you can probably argue he isn't the best, but he seems to be settled in carolina.)
And I'm pretty sure Palmer didn't
Etc. Etc. I'm too tired to think of the other Qb's in the Nfl. But tell me at least five current good starters who have won the big show.

Also, how many of those Qb's can you name who were heisman winners..
Palmer is the only one.

Now tell me how many of those Heisman winners were total flops.

Boomer said:
Leinart has the best touch of any passer I've studied in nigh on 20 years.

As for this it must be an exaggeration, because your age lists you as 31. If you have been studying Qb's for twenty years, that would mean you have been studying them since you were 11. And I doubt that is true.

Dubfire said:
Is Gino the only word you read in my post?

can you read?

Who's comparing Gino to Leinart. Only common theing they both have is a Heisman and a very nice, ACCURATE deep ball. Matt as I sad has the best I seen since Gino. No one's making any comparisons.

Get over yourself.

Get over myself!? Chill the F out dude, damn, I was asking a question. Can YOU read? You said:

"He's the most accurate passer I've seen since my boy Gino"

If you say someone is "the most _____ you have seen since_____" then that is called COMPARING them. You compared Leinart's accuracy to Gino's.

You need to freakin' chill dude, you said the quote, not me, I just questioned you on it. Maybe you should have worded it differently if you didn't want to compare Leinart to Toretta, because yyou did with that statement.

FYI, Leinart does NOT have a "very nice, ACCURATE deep ball". His deep passes lack "zip" and they tend to "float", giving DBs on deep balls plenty of time to get to them too. Not to mention he isn't "very good" at hitting his rcievers in stride, they usually break stride or have to jump or bend down or reach to the right or left. Yeah, he has thrown some beauties, but what college QB hasn't made some highlight-reel throws before?

FinSinceBirth said:
As for this it must be an exaggeration, because your age lists you as 31. If you have been studying Qb's for twenty years, that would mean you have been studying them since you were 11. And I doubt that is true.
yes, because film had not been invented until about 8-10 years ago

kastofsna120 said:
texas's worst game offensively was against ohio state. USC has domianted every defense easily. aside from the linebackers, OSU's defense isn't that great, yet young still struggled. he'll be even worse against USC

They may have dominated the defenses but their defenses got dominated also, there were close games against teams that shouldn't have been close.

Bottom Line, Texas has a top 10 ranked offense AND defense, USC has top 10 ranked offense and a defense ranked in the 60s.

Texas's offense beats USC's in some categories

USC's defense beats Texas' offense in ZERO categories, and losses BY FAR, any catageory opffensively that Texas gives up to USC isn't by more than a few rank spots.

So, a top ranked offense + top ranked defense > top ranked offense + very low ranked defense.

Not garunteeing a Texas win, but I will garuntee it isn't a repeat of last year vs OU. It will be close, a shootout that Texas should win because their D can get more key stops than USC's D.

and Like FishyPete said, BUSH is USC, not Leinart. Leinart makes plenty of mistakes, and I have noticed that he pads his stats against crappy teams but when he plays tough oponents he makes his mistakes, liek throwing INTs when the ball should have never been thrown, throwing off-target etc etc.

Once you start putting FACTS behind your arguments then people can take them seriously. Your "because I say so" logic is so elementary school it's ridiculous. It obviously doesn't work out to well for you either Mr. "UCLA is a much tougher oponent for USC than Fresno State, PERIOD, if you disagree you are wrong" HA, good job buddy, too bad Fresno almost had em (like I said) and UCLA got SLAUGHTERED.

To me the most hilarious thing about this thread is the inordinate amount of posts that Alex22 has and his join date is December of this year!!! If you post that much in that short a period of time you can't possibly have anything relevant to say. :sidelol: :sidelol:

Dubfire said:
I know USC plays in a conference that does not play any defense. But no one can argue with the skill position players they have. Jarret, White and BUsh are future stars in the NFL....when you are loaded with that much talent, it's tough to contain.

Did you see what USC did to UT's daddy in the OB last year?

If that did not make you a believer in Leinart or USC, what will? I mean seriously?

Yea, and Texas BEAT OU this year.

Plus, with that logic (look at the skill position players they have....future NFL starters...etc etc) then Look at the Future DEFENSIVE NFL starters Texas has. Texas' defense matches up better with USC's offense than USC's defense matches up with Texas' offense.

Alex22 said:
I dont like texas at all really, but young is the best QB in college and texas is a better team

I dont care if leinart plays well, he doesnt have what it takes to play NFL football

Just curious, who IS your college team?

Agent51 said:
They may have dominated the defenses but their defenses got dominated also, there were close games against teams that shouldn't have been close.

Bottom Line, Texas has a top 10 ranked offense AND defense, USC has top 10 ranked offense and a defense ranked in the 60s.

USC's defense beats Texas' offense in ZERO categories, and losses BY FAR, any catageory opffensively that Texas gives up to USC isn't by more than a few rank spots.

So, a top ranked offense + top ranked defense > top ranked offense + very low ranked defense.

Not garunteeing a Texas win, but I will garuntee it isn't a repeat of last year vs OU. It will be close, a shootout that Texas should win because their D can get more key stops than USC's D.

and Like FishyPete said, BUSH is USC, not Leinart. Leinart makes plenty of mistakes, and I have noticed that he pads his stats against crappy teams but when he plays tough oponents he makes his mistakes, liek throwing INTs when the ball should have never been thrown, throwing off-target etc etc.

Once you start putting FACTS behind your arguments then people can take them seriously. Your "because I say so" logic is so elementary school it's ridiculous. It obviously doesn't work out to well for you either Mr. "UCLA is a much tougher oponent for USC than Fresno State, PERIOD, if you disagree you are wrong" HA, good job buddy, too bad Fresno almost had em and UCLA got SLAUGHTERED.

I think a shootout favors USC. I doin't know about the Texas schedule this year, OSU was tough, but it was a relatively down year for the Big 12. Fresno had USC, so did Notre Dame, but they didn't win, just like A&M had Texas on the ropes with their backup Qb. I don't think a single player makes USC, Chow called Booty the most talented Qb he's ever worked with, and Bush does have one of the top backs in the country basically splitting time with him in White. Going against USC this year is like going against New England before this season. Texas is good, but if it's a high scoring game, I think i'd go with USC and their playmakers.

djfresh47 said:
I think a shootout favors USC. I doin't know about the Texas schedule this year, OSU was tough, but it was a relatively down year for the Big 12. Fresno had USC, so did Notre Dame, but they didn't win, just like A&M had Texas on the ropes with their backup Qb. I don't think a single player makes USC, Chow called Booty the most talented Qb he's ever worked with, and Bush does have one of the top backs in the country basically splitting time with him in White. Going against USC this year is like going against New England before this season. Texas is good, but if it's a high scoring game, I think i'd go with USC and their playmakers.

I didn't mean a shootout saying that Texas' offense can overpower USC's, I obviously am fully aware that USC's offense is insane, there's no denying that. I said it would try to be a shootout because that is the game USC plays. They don't do defensive struggles, they CAN'T, because their defense isn't that good. So what I meant was this game won't be a defensive struggle, it will be MORE like a shootout because you know USC will be trying to run up the score as quickly as possible to get an early lead and make Texas come from behind, but Texas has a great offense too, comparable but not quite as good, so they will be able to hang in a high scoring affair. The difference will be the defense, because Texas will be able to get more key stops than USC's defense will. If they both had the exact same defense and their current offenses I would definately think USC will win (even though I shouldn't even admit that because I am a Texas fan) because they have the better offense, but their Ds aren't equal, Texas' is better, MUCH much better. It's going to be an awesome game, no matter who wins. I know who I'd like to win, and I know who I think CAN win, because of the reasons I stated, but I can't honestly say who I think the winner will be, I just know it will be a great game and it won't be another boring blowout like the OU game last year.

Agent51 said:

Once you start putting FACTS behind your arguments then people can take them seriously. Your "because I say so" logic is so elementary school it's ridiculous. It obviously doesn't work out to well for you either Mr. "UCLA is a much tougher oponent for USC than Fresno State, PERIOD, if you disagree you are wrong" HA, good job buddy, too bad Fresno almost had em (like I said) and UCLA got SLAUGHTERED.
i don't care what categories texas has USC beat in, their defense isn't as good as advertised. they give up plays and get lucky with the pathetic offenses they face. OSU would've won that game handily had smith been in there the whole time. USC hasn't faced a defense like texas? texas hasn't faced an offense like USC. USC has arguably the best defense ever. texas has MAYBE a top 5 defense THIS YEAR. i wonder which will win this one?

I only read the first page on this thread cos is up to over 100 and I don't feel like going thru all of it at almost 2am.I can't see SF being so stupid to trade down that far and only getting in return a 2nd next year plus Ricky.They'd want a whole lot more.

Ozzy rules!!

Go Italy 2006 world cup

kastofsna120 said:
i don't care what categories texas has USC beat in, their defense isn't as good as advertised. they give up plays and get lucky with the pathetic offenses they face. OSU would've won that game handily had smith been in there the whole time. USC hasn't faced a defense like texas? texas hasn't faced an offense like USC. USC has arguably the best defense ever. texas has MAYBE a top 5 defense THIS YEAR. i wonder which will win this one?

I almost stopped reading your post halfway through the first line, because again, your best defense is "I don't care" like you are some football knowledge god, but I decided to humor myself. I'm glad I did, because had I not continued to read your post I would have missed this little gem:

"USC has arguably the best defense ever......." :sidelol:

Yep, can't argue with these numbers:

Points Allowed Per Game: 27th

Rushing Yards Allowed Per Game: 24th
Rushing Yards Allowed Per Attempt: 29th

Passing Yards Allowed Per Game: 77th
Passing Yards Allowed Per Attempt: 50th

Total Yards Allowed Per Game: 40th
Total Yards Allowed Per Play: 44th

Overall Defensive Rank: 41st

Wow dude, last time I checked if a team had the best defense ever it was ranked #1 overall, this team isn't even ranked #1 in a single categorey, the closest it comes is 23 spots out of first place in rushing yards, so I guess they MIGHT have the best rushing defense ever :shakeno:

Agent51 said:
I almost stopped reading your post halfway through the first line, because again, your best defense is "I don't care" like you are some football knowledge god, but I decided to humor myself. I'm glad I did, because had I not continued to read your post I would have missed this little gem:

"USC has arguably the best defense ever......." :sidelol:

Yep, can't argue with these numbers:

Points Allowed Per Game: 27th

Rushing Yards Allowed Per Game: 24th
Rushing Yards Per Allowed Attempt: 29th

Passing Yards Allowed Per Game: 77th
Passing Yards Per Allowed Attempt: 50th

Total Yards Allowed Per Game: 40th
Total Yards Per Allowed Play: 44th

Overall Defensive Rank: 41st

Wow dude, last time I checked if a team had the best defense ever it was ranked #1 overall, this team isn't even ranked #1 in a single categorey, the closest it comes is 23 spots out of first place in rushing yards, so I guess they MIGHT have the best rushing defense ever :shakeno:
i meant arguably the best offense ever

and no i DON'T care about stats because i've seen texas play, and they've managed to get away with a lot of things against inferior offenses. they won't be able to against USC's offense. the stats are deceiving

Back
Top Bottom