Crazy Mock Draft Ive Seen | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crazy Mock Draft Ive Seen

FinSinceBirth said:
First of all, I am neither a Young supporter or a Leinhart supporter. I am personally indifferent to both because we have no chance at getting them.
But I do however find some flaws with your argument that I must point out.

Both of these are completely irrelevant when judging Qb's. Honestly, how many of the great qb's who are in the NFL right now have won national titles.

Peyton Manning didn't.
Matt Hasselback didn't.
Brady didn't.
Eli didn't
Delhomme didn't. (you can probably argue he isn't the best, but he seems to be settled in carolina.)
And I'm pretty sure Palmer didn't
Etc. Etc. I'm too tired to think of the other Qb's in the Nfl. But tell me at least five current good starters who have won the big show.

Also, how many of those Qb's can you name who were heisman winners..
Palmer is the only one.

Now tell me how many of those Heisman winners were total flops.

As for this it must be an exaggeration, because your age lists you as 31. If you have been studying Qb's for twenty years, that would mean you have been studying them since you were 11. And I doubt that is true.

The point about winning a Heisman and 3 National Titles, was tied to the fact that Leinart is a winner, which you would have realised, had you have read the quote correctly.

As for the age thing, I lied. It's 19 years. I got my first Joel Buchsbaum draft book ahead of the 1986 draft and in it were indicators of how to evaluate talent. Within 2 years I was writing for a magazine in the UK ahead of the draft, evaluating players.

Geez, I'm getting bored of having to explain myself to people like you.

Boomer said:
The point about winning a Heisman and 3 National Titles, was tied to the fact that Leinart is a winner, which you would have realised, had you have read the quote correctly.

As for the age thing, I lied. It's 19 years. I got my first Joel Buchsbaum draft book ahead of the 1986 draft and in it were indicators of how to evaluate talent. Within 2 years I was writing for a magazine in the UK ahead of the draft, evaluating players.

Geez, I'm getting bored of having to explain myself to people like you.

no need to boomer your the draft source of finheaven and i believe what you say actually over such scouts such as mel kiper...;)

Alex, you have done a remarkable job of running your mouth, but haven't actually answered any of the proper grown up questions with regards to Leinart's obvious talents, which sort of put all that you say into the trash can.

Couple that with the fact that USC will wipe Texas off the field and this has been a pretty bad thread for you.

Buddwalk said:
no need to boomer your the draft source of finheaven and i believe what you say actually over such scouts such as mel kiper...;)

Well thanks Budd.......but I'm just a guy with a VCR and Mel does it for a living very succesfully. There is NO comparison.

FinSinceBirth said:
First of all, I am neither a Young supporter or a Leinhart supporter. I am personally indifferent to both because we have no chance at getting them.
But I do however find some flaws with your argument that I must point out.

Both of these are completely irrelevant when judging Qb's. Honestly, how many of the great qb's who are in the NFL right now have won national titles.

Peyton Manning didn't.
Matt Hasselback didn't.
Brady didn't.
Eli didn't
Delhomme didn't. (you can probably argue he isn't the best, but he seems to be settled in carolina.)
And I'm pretty sure Palmer didn't
Etc. Etc. I'm too tired to think of the other Qb's in the Nfl. But tell me at least five current good starters who have won the big show.

Also, how many of those Qb's can you name who were heisman winners..
Palmer is the only one.

Now tell me how many of those Heisman winners were total flops.

As for this it must be an exaggeration, because your age lists you as 31. If you have been studying Qb's for twenty years, that would mean you have been studying them since you were 11. And I doubt that is true.

Oh and if I'm so flawed, why are you PM'ming me telling me that you know "Nothing about Vince Young as you haven't watched any of his games" and that you "respect your opinion on talent"

:shakeno:

Alex22 said:
1- No arm strength

2- Teams play 8 in the box against him because of bush

3- He has great WR's

4- He isnt THAT accurate ive watched him play about 11 times, he throws it around his WR's but he doesnt hit them in stride as much as you people say

5- A heisman doesnt make you a great QB

6- He didnt deserve any of the national championships, year 1 LSU was better, year 2 Auburn was better, this year texas is gonna crush them

i would agree with a lot of what you say. as long as leinert plays in a dome he will be fine, his arm is not there. a lot of people put too much emphasis on the heisman being the best player, but how many of them, especially QBs work out? USC has won 34 games in a row, but it isn't like leinert carried them, the only 2 games that were close this year bush not leinert bailed them out. leinert's stats are actually down this year, and i think young, quinn, and cutler will all be better pros.

aerokev said:
i would agree with a lot of what you say. as long as leinert plays in a dome he will be fine, his arm is not there. a lot of people put too much emphasis on the heisman being the best player, but how many of them, especially QBs work out? USC has won 34 games in a row, but it isn't like leinert carried them, the only 2 games that were close this year bush not leinert bailed them out. leinert's stats are actually down this year, and i think young, quinn, and cutler will all be better pros.

Last time I checked, USC played outdoors. Last time I checked non-one in the Pac 10 plays in a dome.

The Heisman point indicated that he was a winner, as part of a bigger argument.

That was Bush that hit Jarrett on 4th and 9 against Notre Dame?

Phlueesse.

Alex22 said:
1- No arm strength

2- Teams play 8 in the box against him because of bush

3- He has great WR's

4- He isnt THAT accurate ive watched him play about 11 times, he throws it around his WR's but he doesnt hit them in stride as much as you people say

5- A heisman doesnt make you a great QB

6- He didnt deserve any of the national championships, year 1 LSU was better, year 2 Auburn was better, this year texas is gonna crush them

Well Vince, I mean Alex22, when you lose to USC at the Rose your theory of Leinert will start to fall apart. Vince, I mean Alex, you are a good QB, don't get me wrong, but Matt can come in and start right away in the NFL whereas you will take some work. You need to stay in college for your senior year then come out. Work on passing more. We can take Ronnie and make him a QB so why would we need you?

The more things change the more they remain the same, eh Boomer? :lol:
Hey Boom any idea how Jeremy Bloom wr from Utah might do in the up coming draft? As always thanks for your imput. ;)

Alex22 said:
Because

1- texans wont take bush

2- miami wont be picking #2

and many other things not the least of which is that ferguson will be a top 5 pick

the texans taking bush is very likely. you're talking about a franchise that is lacking in not only talent, but stars. adding bush to your squad puts fans butts in the seats, and gives you a probable megastar going into the future to build around. the texans need to turnover a LOT of their roster, so whoever they pick #1, imo, shouldn't be based entirely on need.

Agent51 said:
I don't think so man, USC has MUCH more to work with than Texas.
MUCH more? :sidelol:

you make it sound like texas will get beat easily. oh wait they will

Alex22 said:
Because

1- texans wont take bush

2- miami wont be picking #2

and many other things not the least of which is that ferguson will be a top 5 pick

If the Texans don't take Bush they are stupid. He's too good to pass up. and the premise is that we trade for the #2 pick, so thats not so out of the question, now is it ??

Now, do I think anyone would give up that much for RW, no way...but we'll see....

Alex22 said:
Im not even argueing this

anyone who buys into the leinart or usc hype isnt worth my time

I understand exactly what you are saying it is extremely hard to buy into a team that has won the last two national championships and ARE GOING TO WIN ANOTHER. Get off the Texas kick kid they are going to get crushed. If the final score is within 20 i'll be surprised.

SkapePhin said:
LMAO! The guy has SF trading their 2 overall pick for Ricky and Miami's 15. I would take that in a SECOND!

Actually the deal does include a SECOND but in the 2007 draft.:tongue:

We will be very lucky to get a sniff at Leinart so I like the deal if it comes off but I think its a pipe dream by some mock draft fanatic.

IMO Leinart is the best draftable QB at the position in the last two years.

Back
Top Bottom