Crazy Mock Draft Ive Seen | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crazy Mock Draft Ive Seen

you guys are missing the keys to the game....coaching,experience and preparations

Carroll > Brown

kastofsna120 said:
i meant arguably the best offense ever

That I will give you, but I have never disputed that. I am merely stating that Texas' defense can come up with more key stops than USC's defense, and their offense should be able to hang as long as the D gets some stops. I never garunteed, or even said Texas would win, I'm not one of those people who always "garuntees" a victory for a team just because they are my favorite, I am simply stating that this game won't turn out like the OU game did, it will be interesting to watch. If Texas gets slaughter I will admit I was wrong, but I won't be "eating crow" or whatever that dumb phrase is because I'm not running my mouth or "garunteeing" anything like some people are.

BTW, that avatar is SO much cooler than the other one :lol:

kastofsna120 said:
and no i DON'T care about stats because i've seen texas play, and they've managed to get away with a lot of things against inferior offenses. they won't be able to against USC's offense. the stats are deceiving

Not really, maybe the offensive stats for Texas are decieving (they aren't, but it's arguable, so I'll let it go) but USC hasn't faced huge offenses every week and the good ones they did face couldn't have padded their D stats that much, USC just has a bad D period.

Agent51 said:
Not really, maybe the offensive stats for Texas are decieving (they aren't, but it's arguable, so I'll let it go) but USC hasn't faced huge offenses every week and the good ones they did face couldn't have padded their D stats that much, USC just has a bad D period.
actually USC has faced several really good offenses. oregon, arizona state, notre dame, california, fresno state, UCLA

vmarcilfan75 said:
you guys are missing the keys to the game....coaching,experience and preparations

Carroll > Brown

Only ONE of those three are valid, realistically:

Coaching: You can't compare the coaching because they don't have equal talent on their teams. By saying Carroll is better than Brown you are implying that if Carroll was coaching Texas and Brown was coaching USC then Texas would win because Carroll is the better coach. Carroll has more talent to work with than Brown and yet Brown still managed to have an undefeated season and a win streak of his own, albeit not as long as USC's.

Experience: This is the only valid point. This will be Pete's 3rd trip in as many years, while it's only Mack's 1st (to the title game anyway, he was in the Rose Bowl last year). In this case, yes, Carroll does take the edge in experience.

Preperations: How do you know what each coach does to prepare their team? You can't say one has a better preparation method unless you have actually seen firsthand USC and Texas practices, film sessions, team meetings, team workouts, coach meeting, gameplan practices, opponent studies, etc etc.

kastofsna120 said:
actually USC has faced several really good offenses. oregon, arizona state, notre dame, california, fresno state, UCLA

And the only ones that did anything spectacular yardage and score-wise were ND and Fresno State, meaning the crappy offenses they faced must have racked up yardage and scores to make their defense ranked so low.

Agent51 said:
Only ONE of those three are valid, realistically:

Coaching: You can't compare the coaching because they don't have equal talent on their teams. By saying Carroll is better than Brown you are implying that if Carroll was coaching Texas and Brown was coaching USC then Texas would win because Carroll is the better coach. Carroll has more talent to work with than Brown and yet Brown still managed to have an undefeated season and a win streak of his own, albeit not as long as USC's.

Experience: This is the only valid point. This will be Pete's 3rd trip in as many years, while it's only Mack's 1st (to the title game anyway, he was in the Rose Bowl last year). In this case, yes, Carroll does take the edge in experience.

Preperations: How do you know what each coach does to prepare their team? You can't say one has a better preparation method unless you have actually seen firsthand USC and Texas practices, film sessions, team meetings, team workouts, coach meeting, gameplan practices, opponent studies, etc etc.

coaching...2 national championships..34 game win streak..45-1 since 02 nuff said

preperations..look what he did to OU. he shut them down. When they played UCLA we had the leading KR and he pooched every kickoff they had. Never once letting Drew return one. Have i seen them in person first hand?? of course not.

I would absolutely love that trade. Look at what the Giants gave up for Eli Manning, and Matt Leinart is a better QB coming into the pros than Eli was. They gave up a lot to get him. Giving up Williams, swap 1st's and next years second is a steal.

We will not draft Matt Leinhart because he is not a linehan type QB.

vmarcilfan75 said:
coaching...2 national championships..34 game win streak..45-1 since 02 nuff said

preperations..look what he did to OU. he shut them down. When they played UCLA we had the leading KR and he pooched every kickoff they had. Never once letting Drew return one. Have i seen them in person first hand?? of course not.

So you are saying if Mack Brown were the coach of USC and Pete Carroll the coach of Texas then Mack Brown wouldn't be able to have the 2 titles and 34 game streak and Pete Carroll would be able to do it with Texas? I don't think so man, USC has MUCH more to work with than Texas. With that theory Tony Dungy should be the best coach in the NFL right now because his Colt's have the best record. He isn't the best coach though, he is only 13-1 because he has arguably the most-talented team in the NFL. He's got a "big three" on offense, plus a pretty good TE and OLine, and he has a pretty good defense too. Pete Carroll would Not be on a 34 game win streak if he weren't at USC. I never said Pete wasn't a good coach, but you can't say he has better coaching just because they have that streak, hell, with weapons like that they had BETTER have that streak, that team is stacked, most games it's like an all-star team playing a below .500 team.

Of course he prepared good for those games, that's what a coach is supposed to do. Again, I never said he was bad a prepping, I just said you cannot compare the two and say Carroll preps the team better or is a better coach. They are different situations, they can't be compared. If ANYONE should be considered "better" it'd have to be Mack Brown, because he has the 12-0 season too, a pretty good undefeated streak (19 I think), and he's doing it with a less talented team. He's also got 15 winning seasons in a row with 13 consecutive bowl appearances. He is the only coach in division I-A with nine straight seasons of at least 9 wins and is ranked #2 in consecutive winning seasons and bowl berths. He is ranked 2nd in wins since 1990.

The point is, while you shouldn't compare them because one has a much more talent flled team, if you MUST compare them then Mack Brown is the better coach. He has been a CONSISTANT winner and leads or is in 2nd place for wins and win % etc etc while Pete Carroll didn't break out as "a great coach" till Leinart came into his own, among others. Pete's success is based on all his talent, you can't deny that because he struggled in the begining at USC, Mack Brown success is based on his coaching ability.

Yes, Carroll has the 2 titles, but again, it's not an accurate measure of the coach, you can be don shula and not win with the houstan texans, you have to have talent to win.

Alex22 said:
ok so 3-0 we should turn off the T.V?

Nope sorry Im watching the whole game

Texas will crush USC by at least 16 points

homer5qj-1.jpg

I'm not even a USC fan but I think the Trojans win by 21 points.

fishypete said:
Boomer, LeFors had a nice touch on his passes.

He was also 3 foot 8 tall and never going to be a pro QB in a month of Tuesdays.

finfansince72 said:
Question for Boomer, whats up with A.Smith? He looks so bad it brings Ryan Leaf back to mind. You think he is going to be a starter or is he just this bad? Man he looks so bad I think SF needs to take a Qb late first day/early second day or sign a decent vet. I somewhat believed much of the hype simply because I never saw much of him in college and just assumed scouts actually watched him play.

Id love it if we trade up fro Leinart, hes going to be a great pro. This would do 2 things, 1 it would give us the franchise Qb we have desperately needed since Marino left, 2 it would keep Leinart off the Jets so we dont have to face him twice a year for the next decade or so.
I really hope some scouts start to downplay Leinart that people are so stupid that he slides a bit so we can trade up and snag him. I dont see this trade being all that fair for SF. Ricky is not worth taking in return for a top 5 pick, once he is done getting enough cash to live off he is gone from the NFL, his past makes him a huge question mark. SF needs more than Ricky and the 15th pick next year, the 2nd rounder is nice but they need talent immediately and top talent. SF stinks, Im not sure this deal would make them any good next year. Trading down for them makes good sense, its what I would do if I was them, but not for this deal.
However, I would do this deal in a heartbeat if I was the GM in Miami :)).

There's nothing wrong with him. He's a struggling rookie passer on the worst team in football without a decent back or any sort of #1 WR.

grendel said:
Hey Boomer, I really respect your opinion. You called RB from the start last year and I'll never doubt you again. I can't believe some of the newbies are questioning your wisdom. Anyways, what in your opinion would it take for Nick to reallisticly trade up to No 2?

Thanks Grendel. It comes with the territory. You tell people the Tuesday before the draft that Buffalo will take Willis McGahee with their pick and people kill you till the Commissioner opens his mouth, then everyone wants to be your mate. You say for 3 months that Alex Smith is the 9ers guy and that Aaron Rodgers may fall to GB at 24 and you get hammered again. Then everyone wants to be friends again. It's no biggie.

Anyway.......Saban doesn't want to or like to give up picks. I think he'll stay where he is, especially with 5 total selections and take the best player available to suit our team that isn't a TB. I really do. I think a Max Jean Gilles, Jay Cutler, Eric Winston, one of the DT's such as Claude Wroten, one of the many great linebackers, with Chad Greenway a very high possibility, and then a LaRon Landry, Michael Huff or Ashton Youboty would have to be considered very strong options.

Hope that helps mate.

finfan54 said:
leinert was terrible in the UCLA game. He was so way off his mark its not funny. I think he is a bit overrated. Im not saying he wont be a good QB, but i think once he gets to the pros, he will be snakebit for a while cus the NFL is not USC going against the pacific coast conference.

Wow. 1 bad game and he's overrated?

Back
Top Bottom