Critical Time | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Critical Time

tay0365

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
We started 3-0, we are still on top of the entire AFC, let alone East, so I really hope the coaches are smart in the next few weeks or as long as Tua will be out.

I am not a fan of Teddy B or Skyler, I am a fan of the Miami Dolphins, so the coaches need to make sure both are ready.

I believe and hope Teddy will be able to handle the the the next few weeks if it comes to that with some prep, and agree you have to go with experience in this moment, but if Teddy starts to show ineffective play, of horrible play, Coach McDaniel can not be afraid to sit Teddy, and bring in Skyler.

You do not take your foot off the creatures neck, even if they don't look as dangerous. You win, and you win hard against these next few teams, or allow the other QB to take a shot.

Personally though I understand going with experience, I would go with who looks better I practice between Teddy and Skyler...These next few weeks are too critical to lose because we did not want to shake the boat.

We started 3-0, we are still on top of the entire AFC, let alone East, so I really hope the coaches are smart in the next few weeks or as long as Tua will be out.

I am not a fan of Teddy B or Skyler, I am a fan of the Miami Dolphins, so the coaches need to make sure both are ready.

I believe and hope Teddy will be able to handle the the the next few weeks if it comes to that with some prep, and agree you have to go with experience in this moment, but if Teddy starts to show ineffective play, of horrible play, Coach McDaniel can not be afraid to sit Teddy, and bring in Skyler.

You do not take your foot off the creatures neck, even if they don't look as dangerous. You win, and you win hard against these next few teams, or allow the other QB to take a shot.

Personally though I understand going with experience, I would go with who looks better I practice between Teddy and Skyler...These next few weeks are too critical to lose because we did not want to shake the boat.
I rewatched the game (with less bourbon) and Teddy did not look bad. I think he can win us a couple of games. Being 5-2 with Tua coming back will not be bad. Especially if the loss is out of conference.

Jets, Vikings, Steelers, Lions, Bears, Browns, Bye

Worst case is Tua returns after the bye. IMO, Teddy is better than all of those QBs except Cousins and Watson. Even worst case should get us to 7-3 at the bye. That is a ton of time for Tua to recover.

I rewatched the game (with less bourbon) and Teddy did not look bad. I think he can win us a couple of games. Being 5-2 with Tua coming back will not be bad. Especially if the loss is out of conference.

Worst case is Tua returns after the bye. IMO, Teddy is better than all of those QBs except Cousins and Watson. Even worst case should get us to 7-3 at the bye. That is a ton of time for Tua to recover.
I don't think they see Watson.

I'm mixed on the QB decision. If Teddy uses his legs for some bootlegs and/or easy gains after being flushed out I could see him being effective. However, Teddy had not shown much throughout the offseason to warrant playing. He did have a good game against the Bengals, but he doesn't inspire much confidence. I'm eager to see Skylar play after his preseason performance.

There’s literally no reason to keep him out that long. It’s a concussion. He’s at risk for another within the year however players sitting out a year due to concussions would leave nobody left in the nfl. 7-10 days is recovery time, he’ll probably be cleared for the jets game however I imagine he sits out as Miami would get crucified if they played him even though medically that’s all that’s required. He’ll be just as much at risk at 2 weeks as he’d be at 12 weeks. There’s literally no reason to baby the guy nor does he probably want to be baby’d as he told McDaniel he doesn’t even want to miss a game.

There’s literally no reason to keep him out that long. It’s a concussion. He’s at risk for another within the year however players sitting out a year due to concussions would leave nobody left in the nfl. 7-10 days is recovery time, he’ll probably be cleared for the jets game however I imagine he sits out as Miami would get crucified if they played him even though medically that’s all that’s required. He’ll be just as much at risk at 2 weeks as he’d be at 12 weeks. There’s literally no reason to baby the guy nor does he probably want to be baby’d as he told McDaniel he doesn’t even want to miss a game.
IMO, he misses the Jets at least. Maybe the Vikings too. Returns for the Steelers. I was merely pointing out the stretch of games where our backup should be able to compete.

I assume Tua misses two games, both winnable with Teddy.

Of more importance to me is getting the rest of the roster healthy to support Teddy. We need Waddle at 100%. We need Cedrick Wilson at 100%. We need X and Byron Jones at 100%.

just pray Tua is back and healthy soon.

there are no good options when he is out of the lineup.
No good options when it comes to maintaining the high-powered offense we were building. There’s still enough across the roster for us to win games. Hopefully the 9-day rest does wonders for the defense.

No good options when it comes to maintaining the high-powered offense we were building. There’s still enough across the roster for us to win games. Hopefully the 9-day rest does wonders for the defense.
X recuperating, Byron Jones back, will help a lot.

Need a healthy Waddle as well.

9 minutes of Teddy being Teddy in just one season, we only got a taste of this Thursday night. Love watching him hold the ball entirely too long.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom