Critical Time | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Critical Time

Multiple players get concussions every game. This is a big deal because of the optics and it was a prime time game. I think Tua is out 3 games max.
Like another poster said, Cethan Carter had a concussion opening day and hasn't been active since. Tua wont be back for a few weeks in my opinion

Good news is we have some nice matchups. I actually think the Jets, as bad as they are, are more competitive with Flacco so glad we'll probably play against Wilson. Pickett is probably better than Trubisky, or at least has more upside, but Tomlin will be too stubborn to make the change this early.
The Vikings though, that game's going to be tough. Jefferson Thielen and Cook is scary good

Doubtful Tuas seems very mild. Fencing response has nothing to do with the severity of the concussion. McDaniels said he even watched a movie with Tua on the flight home, if you have bad symptoms you wouldn’t be able to look at a screen. How long your out is determined by those symptoms which judging off what’s been said sounds like Tua has little to no symptoms. 90% of concussions clear in the 7-10 days. All for keeping him out 2 or so games however your being extremely dramatic with the if at all, literally nothing that would support that.
Keep dreaming - it’s political now - Tua is like Cethan sitting for a month - you’ll be shopping for you thxgiving meal by the time you see that kid on the field again…

We started 3-0, we are still on top of the entire AFC, let alone East, so I really hope the coaches are smart in the next few weeks or as long as Tua will be out.

I am not a fan of Teddy B or Skyler, I am a fan of the Miami Dolphins, so the coaches need to make sure both are ready.

I believe and hope Teddy will be able to handle the the the next few weeks if it comes to that with some prep, and agree you have to go with experience in this moment, but if Teddy starts to show ineffective play, of horrible play, Coach McDaniel can not be afraid to sit Teddy, and bring in Skyler.

You do not take your foot off the creatures neck, even if they don't look as dangerous. You win, and you win hard against these next few teams, or allow the other QB to take a shot.

Personally though I understand going with experience, I would go with who looks better I practice between Teddy and Skyler...These next few weeks are too critical to lose because we did not want to shake the boat.
Skyler could be the second coming of Willie Beamon!!! Let's goooooooooo Skyler

There’s literally no reason to keep him out that long. It’s a concussion. He’s at risk for another within the year however players sitting out a year due to concussions would leave nobody left in the nfl. 7-10 days is recovery time, he’ll probably be cleared for the jets game however I imagine he sits out as Miami would get crucified if they played him even though medically that’s all that’s required. He’ll be just as much at risk at 2 weeks as he’d be at 12 weeks. There’s literally no reason to baby the guy nor does he probably want to be baby’d as he told McDaniel he doesn’t even want to miss a game.
Ah, yes there is reason to baby him. This is going to be attacked by all the sharks and vultures. The Dolphins, whether we like it or not, will face some kids of punishment for this. Just wait and see. We will be extra extra extra cautious to play him this year.

We started 3-0, we are still on top of the entire AFC, let alone East, so I really hope the coaches are smart in the next few weeks or as long as Tua will be out.

I am not a fan of Teddy B or Skyler, I am a fan of the Miami Dolphins, so the coaches need to make sure both are ready.

I believe and hope Teddy will be able to handle the the the next few weeks if it comes to that with some prep, and agree you have to go with experience in this moment, but if Teddy starts to show ineffective play, of horrible play, Coach McDaniel can not be afraid to sit Teddy, and bring in Skyler.

You do not take your foot off the creatures neck, even if they don't look as dangerous. You win, and you win hard against these next few teams, or allow the other QB to take a shot.

Personally though I understand going with experience, I would go with who looks better I practice between Teddy and Skyler...These next few weeks are too critical to lose because we did not want to shake the boat.
You give Ted the first shot, if he fails you put in the rook

My opinion is that the medical experts and Tua decide when he is clear to return. Pressure from the NFL, media, and loud mouthed pundits should not factor into this decision.
If Tua is susceptible to concussions and few extra weeks will not matter.
Run all the tests, observe him closely, and let the results guide the decision.
McD seems to be of that mindset. My .02

Regarding the back up position, TB is trash. I have zero confidence in him.
Again, McD will make the call, but TB has not been a very good QB since Minnesota years, prior to his injury. My .02

Teddy’s heart is not in it - you can feel it - he doesn’t care - that play w Gisecki w 3 minutes left said it all…

Hey he milked his career for a few million in garbage time in his NFL stint and frankly who can blame him….

But thankfully the org outsmarted themselves and got value….SKylar will surprise people - to me SKylar is the dork in the crowd that the hot chicks don’t even look at - but he’s in the band and 10 minutes later he’s up on stage jamming his ass off - and now everybody knows who he is….he’s too raw…he is not ready but he’s got heart and he’s got enough wheels to improvise and he’s got the best set of support help for that style of offense imaginable….Jay Schroeder wasn’t ready….qb for the Rams Kurt Warner…Zack Prescott….Brady….

I get most guys are Cleo lemon but we got nothing to lose - I’d give him the keys and tell him to use all 7500 horse power - but that’s me!!!
I’ve noticed the same attitude since his first presser to his practices and in preseason and that int was unacceptable

Been saying since the get he ain’t right jmo

I would give him one game, you win you keep playing you lose your done

Maybe now he gets his act together and plays so he can get on a team and start next year

Last edited:
There’s literally no reason to keep him out that long. It’s a concussion. He’s at risk for another within the year however players sitting out a year due to concussions would leave nobody left in the nfl. 7-10 days is recovery time, he’ll probably be cleared for the jets game however I imagine he sits out as Miami would get crucified if they played him even though medically that’s all that’s required. He’ll be just as much at risk at 2 weeks as he’d be at 12 weeks. There’s literally no reason to baby the guy nor does he probably want to be baby’d as he told McDaniel he doesn’t even want to miss a game.
Yeah, even if he is cleared for the Jets game, I have a feeling McDaniel’s gonna sit him out. He wouldn’t have practiced as the starting QB all week, so he may be rusty if the decision is made close to game day.

Tua sitting also is a form of damage control media-wise, McDaniel would be crucified if he starts, and it’s the best game we could really afford to lose Tua for.

I’ve noticed the same attitude since his first presser to his practices and in preseason and that int was unacceptable

Been saying since tge get he ain’t right

I would give him one game, you win you keep playing you lose your done
His heartlessness killed us Thursday - we had it - milk the clock and score and we have a nice shot at 4-0….everybody did there part but the guy who mailed it in…this is the NFL not Northeast Columbia U-17 soccer…I mean seriously I’ve seen enough…SKylar gets the chance till he sucks then I go back to Teddy - and even then…SKylar is humble and he’s got HUGE heart - in that way he’s like Tua / Tua is more game ready but SKylar has better pocket presence - something you cannot teach…watch SKylar kill it!!! ENJOY!!!

His heartlessness killed us Thursday - we had it - milk the clock and score and we have a nice shot at 4-0….everybody did there part but the guy who mailed it in…this is the NFL not Northeast Columbia U-17 soccer…I mean seriously I’ve seen enough…SKylar gets the chance till he sucks then I go back to Teddy - and even then…SKylar is humble and he’s got HUGE heart - in that way he’s like Tua / Tua is more game ready but SKylar has better pocket presence - something you cannot teach…watch SKylar kill it!!! ENJOY!!!
Yeah it was four down territory and he just blindly threw a ball as hard as he could, terrible throw

Maybe for selfish reasons he’ll play smart idk that int pisses me off

Could of run the ball four times with as much time we had

Back
Top Bottom