Critical Time | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Critical Time

During the semi bye week, I hope Miami is able to get it's run game going and figure out how to rush the passer when not blitzing.

Those were the two biggest disappointments from the Bengals loss. That and losing the turnover battle.

I'm thrilled with the start, though. If Miami can come out of the next four-game stretch 6-2 how awesome would that be.

Long term Miami's going to have to convert much better in short yardage.

During the semi bye week, I hope Miami is able to get it's run game going and figure out how to rush the passer when not blitzing.

Those were the two biggest disappointments from the Bengals loss. That and losing the turnover battle.

I'm thrilled with the start, though. If Miami can come out of the next four-game stretch 6-2 how awesome would that be.

Long term Miami's going to have to convert much better in short yardage.
Season is young with McDaniel.

I'm far from worried at this point.

Watson is out of the first 12

Thanks for that. I forgot what the suspension was settled at.
Watson is suspended the first 11 games.

It's a big deal because it still keeps him in this contract year where his money hit per game is low because they purposely low balled his salary this year.

I rewatched the game (with less bourbon) and Teddy did not look bad. I think he can win us a couple of games. Being 5-2 with Tua coming back will not be bad. Especially if the loss is out of conference.

Jets, Vikings, Steelers, Lions, Bears, Browns, Bye

Worst case is Tua returns after the bye. IMO, Teddy is better than all of those QBs except Cousins and Watson. Even worst case should get us to 7-3 at the bye. That is a ton of time for Tua to recover.
You were drinking bourbon during the game? You live in Buffalo? You are excused my dear sir!

We started 3-0, we are still on top of the entire AFC, let alone East, so I really hope the coaches are smart in the next few weeks or as long as Tua will be out.

I am not a fan of Teddy B or Skyler, I am a fan of the Miami Dolphins, so the coaches need to make sure both are ready.

I believe and hope Teddy will be able to handle the the the next few weeks if it comes to that with some prep, and agree you have to go with experience in this moment, but if Teddy starts to show ineffective play, of horrible play, Coach McDaniel can not be afraid to sit Teddy, and bring in Skyler.

You do not take your foot off the creatures neck, even if they don't look as dangerous. You win, and you win hard against these next few teams, or allow the other QB to take a shot.

Personally though I understand going with experience, I would go with who looks better I practice between Teddy and Skyler...These next few weeks are too critical to lose because we did not want to shake the boat.
Teddy’s heart is not in it - you can feel it - he doesn’t care - that play w Gisecki w 3 minutes left said it all…

Hey he milked his career for a few million in garbage time in his NFL stint and frankly who can blame him….

But thankfully the org outsmarted themselves and got value….SKylar will surprise people - to me SKylar is the dork in the crowd that the hot chicks don’t even look at - but he’s in the band and 10 minutes later he’s up on stage jamming his ass off - and now everybody knows who he is….he’s too raw…he is not ready but he’s got heart and he’s got enough wheels to improvise and he’s got the best set of support help for that style of offense imaginable….Jay Schroeder wasn’t ready….qb for the Rams Kurt Warner…Zack Prescott….Brady….

I get most guys are Cleo lemon but we got nothing to lose - I’d give him the keys and tell him to use all 7500 horse power - but that’s me!!!

There’s literally no reason to keep him out that long. It’s a concussion. He’s at risk for another within the year however players sitting out a year due to concussions would leave nobody left in the nfl. 7-10 days is recovery time, he’ll probably be cleared for the jets game however I imagine he sits out as Miami would get crucified if they played him even though medically that’s all that’s required. He’ll be just as much at risk at 2 weeks as he’d be at 12 weeks. There’s literally no reason to baby the guy nor does he probably want to be baby’d as he told McDaniel he doesn’t even want to miss a game.
Are you serious did you not watch the game, cethan carter was knocked out in the opener not as bad as Tua and he hasn’t played since…Tua ain’t coming back for weeks dude if at all

Miami is paying FMV for Bridgewater. So far in the 2022, 4 of the 6 top paid backup QBs have been rushed into game action action (Garoppolo, Bridgewater, Brissett, Flacco).

Teddy’s $6.5MM compensation in 2022 ranks 23rd for the QB position which is 3.06% of Miami’s CAP.
  • One spot above on the list is Justin Herbert (22nd); one spot below is Baker Mayfield (24th).
  • Tua is ranked 20th at $8.3MM.
  • Jimmy Garoppolo is the highest paid backup QB at $14MM (13th).
  • The next grouping of backup QBs by compensation in the $3-$4.5MM range: Jacoby Brissett, Mason Rudolph, Joe Flacco, and Andy Dalton.
In 9 NFL seasons, Bridgewater has earned an estimated $62MM.

Last edited:
There’s literally no reason to keep him out that long. It’s a concussion. He’s at risk for another within the year however players sitting out a year due to concussions would leave nobody left in the nfl. 7-10 days is recovery time, he’ll probably be cleared for the jets game however I imagine he sits out as Miami would get crucified if they played him even though medically that’s all that’s required. He’ll be just as much at risk at 2 weeks as he’d be at 12 weeks. There’s literally no reason to baby the guy nor does he probably want to be baby’d as he told McDaniel he doesn’t even want to miss a game.
Multiple players get concussions every game. This is a big deal because of the optics and it was a prime time game. I think Tua is out 3 games max.

Are you serious did you not watch the game, cethan carter was knocked out in the opener not as bad as Tua and he hasn’t played since…Tua ain’t coming back for weeks dude if at all

Doubtful Tuas seems very mild. Fencing response has nothing to do with the severity of the concussion. McDaniels said he even watched a movie with Tua on the flight home, if you have bad symptoms you wouldn’t be able to look at a screen. How long your out is determined by those symptoms which judging off what’s been said sounds like Tua has little to no symptoms. 90% of concussions clear in the 7-10 days. All for keeping him out 2 or so games however your being extremely dramatic with the if at all, literally nothing that would support that.

Doubtful Tuas seems very mild. Fencing response has nothing to do with the severity of the concussion. McDaniels said he even watched a movie with Tua on the flight home, if you have bad symptoms you wouldn’t be able to look at a screen. How long your out is determined by those symptoms which judging off what’s been said sounds like Tua has little to no symptoms. 90% of concussions clear in the 7-10 days. All for keeping him out 2 or so games however your being extremely dramatic with the if at all, literally nothing that would support that.
Another factor is two in four days, i Hope I’m wrong but I think he’s out for 4 weeks minimum

Teddy’s heart is not in it - you can feel it - he doesn’t care - that play w Gisecki w 3 minutes left said it all…

Hey he milked his career for a few million in garbage time in his NFL stint and frankly who can blame him….

But thankfully the org outsmarted themselves and got value….SKylar will surprise people - to me SKylar is the dork in the crowd that the hot chicks don’t even look at - but he’s in the band and 10 minutes later he’s up on stage jamming his ass off - and now everybody knows who he is….he’s too raw…he is not ready but he’s got heart and he’s got enough wheels to improvise and he’s got the best set of support help for that style of offense imaginable….Jay Schroeder wasn’t ready….qb for the Rams Kurt Warner…Zack Prescott….Brady….

I get most guys are Cleo lemon but we got nothing to lose - I’d give him the keys and tell him to use all 7500 horse power - but that’s me!!!

Whomever gives us the best chance to win needs to be the man starting. I don't want another Brissett situation like last year, where there were a bunch of.games where Miami barely lost, and it the QB play had been even a little better Miami would have been in the playoffs.

Teddy has the experience, and knows what needs to be done with most situations, but if he if he's going to be confused, and holding back like Brissett did last year, then he's helping nobody.

Skyler showed far more the Teddy in Preseason, but the difference between Preseason and Regular season is in regular season there is a plan, defense is no longer Vanilla, but very disguised, if you don't know what to look for, it will become a mess.

Teddy could show he is no Brissett, and shows the excitement to lead an Offense and succeed, then again there is already something special with Skyler, if he shows he is not reckless, and makes very few mistakes, he could be a better option. We can't afford to root for one or the other, we got to hope the coaching staff is smart enough to see the best option, and brave enough to rely and go with him with full on trust.

Back
Top Bottom