Crowder believes he is seriously underpaid | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Crowder believes he is seriously underpaid

I have watched every game of the dolphins every year and your analysis of Crowder is off, If you feel he is a bum thats your opinion but the fact is he is solid young player with very good size and an ability to play various lb positions. what does sacks have to do with a linebacker who is not used in blitzes. If he were blitzing alot and he had no sacks sure judge him on that stat. Thats the problem when fans evaluate players they see a nice sack total and forget that a linebacker has many responsiblities and blitzing may or may not be one of them. There are alot of linebackers that get nice sack totals but are seriously devoid of the skills to play linebacker. Peolple said alot of the same things about Zach because he did not have high sack totals but that wasn't his job. I guess people forget that we keep changing schemes every year and he has been moved around because of injuries. He hardly makes every play 10 yards downfield like some would have you believe but of course people said that about Thomas.

I'll ask again then because no one seems to be able to answer this question.

What does Crowder do well?

He is horrible with tackling angles, runs around blocks which is pathetic. The guy has zero int's in 3 years and now if he plays ILB his duty in a 3-4 will be to cover some of the best TE's in the league. If he plays outside he better improve his non ability to get to the QB.

He gets lost in the mix mark my word. He will fail.

Wow 5.5 sacks from a pass rushing linebacker yea thats a real stud. You are talking two differant types of linebacker, Crowder rarely is the blitzer with Porter and Taylor on the same team. I never said break the bank, but we are not going to find better value in free agency than a 24 year old three year starter who has played solid so far. The guy can play inside or outside and has great size and has been relatively injury free. Not one of the guys we signed in free agency was a stud so I guess you feel we wasted money on all those pickups since you insist the guy has to do so much to get resigned. Ronnie Brown has far from been a stud over the same period so if he is slow to recover I guess we shouldn just get rid of him next year also.

5.5 sacks isn't a wow stat......but what that Crowder has done is?

I'll concede that he isn't blitzed often, I know he won't put up big sack numbers....but how about some Forced Fumbles, or picks, or pass deflections....what exactly is he doing on pass plays?

and IMO, Crowder will command a decent salary next season. He will get at least as much as Greenwood got relative to today's salaries, and just like I didn't think MG was worth it, unless CC shows something more this year, I won't think he's worth it either.

If he plays to what we've seen his first 3 years and we could keep him for maybe 130% of what we gave Torbor.....then fine. But I have a feeling that he's going to get closer to what Calvin Pace got....and I wouldn't go there for a player that is solid, but never really makes a difference in a game.

BTW - I'm rooting for him to step up and prove he can be a difference maker, and force the Dolphins to pay him......I don't want yet another jersey of mine to go into retirement.

He is horrible with tackling angles, runs around blocks which is pathetic. The guy has zero int's in 3 years and now if he plays ILB his duty in a 3-4 will be to cover some of the best TE's in the league. If he plays outside he better improve his non ability to get to the QB.

If you had Taylor and Porter would you rush Crowder very much. Before last year we rarely blitzed our linebackers. Bradie James starting linebacker for Dallas has only 1 int in 5 years and I would not call him a bum. Kind of hard to judge him at ILB since he has bounced around, Crowder will play the same position all year this year so i would expect him to be able to show more of what he can do. Crowder is a smart player and is a fairly sure tackler, has he made some mistakes of course but so have all of our defensive players. Please tell me Porter has not done some of the same mistakes and the go back and watch the film. Yea lets just dump Crowder because our other linebackers are so much better than him. Our tackles were awful last year so of course that affects how our linebackers looked. A scheme has to have all players fulfilling thier jobs and our dl did nothing against the run last year.

5.5 sacks isn't a wow stat......but what that Crowder has done is?

I'll concede that he isn't blitzed often, I know he won't put up big sack numbers....but how about some Forced Fumbles, or picks, or pass deflections....what exactly is he doing on pass plays?

and IMO, Crowder will command a decent salary next season. He will get at least as much as Greenwood got relative to today's salaries, and just like I didn't think MG was worth it, unless CC shows something more this year, I won't think he's worth it either.

If he plays to what we've seen his first 3 years and we could keep him for maybe 130% of what we gave Torbor.....then fine. But I have a feeling that he's going to get closer to what Calvin Pace got....and I wouldn't go there for a player that is solid, but never really makes a difference in a game.

BTW - I'm rooting for him to step up and prove he can be a difference maker, and force the Dolphins to pay him......I don't want yet another jersey of mine to go into retirement.

PAce did nothing for 4 years and has one solid season, not even a good season and people wanted us to get him so badly. Im just saying there is no reason a 24 year old linebacker wont get better and he has been good if not solid thus far. People really overrate interceptions and sacks. If a player gets a decent amount of either but does nothing else well people seem to overlook thier overall play. We paid big money for Joey Porter and its not like he was a stud on defense for us last year(although he was somewhat misused at times) but Crowder who had to change positons again for an injury gets no credit and people just want to let him walk. People seem to have no problem that we gave a very average DL and WR pretty good money this offseason but dont want to keep Crowder. Oh well Im sure Charlie Anderson is so much better a player lol.

I think Crowder will have an average season this year and then someone like the Lions will overpay for his services.

I think Crowder will have an average season this year and then someone like the Lions will overpay for his services.

Well its not like Smiley, Starks and Wilford had outstanding seasons before we signed them either. So I guess we overpaid for these guys by that standard.

the reasons you don't like him only happened last year. and i have said this to you before - when your d line is not doing anything it is hard to take a direct route to the ball carrier when you are avoiding offensive linemen. his first two years the potential for greatness was obvious. last year was a distinct step back, but it was for everyone else too (except the allen's). and he led the team in tackles - and he was out five games.

he needs improvement. but with nearly 300 tackles his first 3 years, he is certainly not hopeless or overpaid. he is a bright spot on this team and people are overly critical of him.

being in a true 3-4 scheme next year will show if he will prosper on this team.

the reasons you don't like him only happened last year. and i have said this to you before - when your d line is not doing anything it is hard to take a direct route to the ball carrier when you are avoiding offensive linemen. his first two years the potential for greatness was obvious. last year was a distinct step back, but it was for everyone else too (except the allen's). and he led the team in tackles - and he was out five games.

he needs improvement. but with nearly 300 tackles his first 3 years, he is certainly not hopeless or overpaid. he is a bright spot on this team and people are overly critical of him.

being in a true 3-4 scheme next year will show if he will prosper on this team.
I'm overly critcal of Crowder because I remember what he was like at UF. I remember when he played the game with a reckless abandon and disrupted offenses with his play. I don't know, maybe it's that 18 tackle game against Mississippi State that has me believing that Crowder can play like that here.

I agree all he did was chase players who had already gotten by him. Zach made him look good and when he had his chance he blew it. Part of the problem and not the solution. If he wants more money let him walk till he leads the team in something other than losing yards.

I'm overly critcal of Crowder because I remember what he was like at UF. I remember when he played the game with a reckless abandon and disrupted offenses with his play. I don't know, maybe it's that 18 tackle game against Mississippi State that has me believing that Crowder can play like that here.

i hear ya. we loved him at UF. that school just knows how to produce MLB's. peterson, davis, and crowder all starting ILB's in the NFL and all from the same school. not bad. siler should develop into something decent too - but he should have stuck around another year. and spikes - forget about it. guy is a one man wrecking crew. as bad as i will want him to stay at UF, if we need some inside help come draft time next year - i will want him to enter the draft. but he is so raw we shall see.

Crowder will do fine Im much more worried about Reggie Torbor, whomever is our second corner, our safties, our DT, our Wr's our Qb's.

All I've heard is Crowder has the potential because he did it in college or he was good his first two years in the NFL. This is not UF folks. Channing is a professional football player and he should perform like one. Not to mention he left his vehicle at the scene of his accident after he crashed because he was drunk. Then left his gun in the backseat. Man this guy has potential and deserves a raise. Pleeeeez!

He was mediocre his first two seasons and everyone said he would improve and he hasn't. People make excuses for him because he was a star at Florida. Sorry that doesn't mean squat to me. Whether he is your classmate in college or you loved his play at UF this is the next level folks. It is also a what the hell have you done for me lately league. Do you think the management says he has potential even though he doesn't make plays. Let's give him a big fat raise. Hell no!

Crowder is a waste of time. He is not going to get better. Next year we will replace him and if he plans on sticking around this season he better study technique because he will find himself in the dog house and then out the proverbial door. He will be exposed just wait.

So far I hear a lot of excuses but am yet to have my question answered.

What does Channinig do well?

Mr Crowder has this whole year for his mouth to meet his performance. Methinks he's postureing. That's fine, because it's a part of negotiations. His play has not been to the level of his peers. Now, sincle ZT was let go...I guess we'll see if it's Offerdahl, Cox, Thomas, Crowder, *Next guy* , or if that list excludes Crowder.

All I've heard is Crowder has the potential because he did it in college or he was good his first two years in the NFL. This is not UF folks. Channing is a professional football player and he should perform like one. Not to mention he left his vehicle at the scene of his accident after he crashed because he was drunk. Then left his gun in the backseat. Man this guy has potential and deserves a raise. Pleeeeez!

He was mediocre his first two seasons and everyone said he would improve and he hasn't. People make excuses for him because he was a star at Florida. Sorry that doesn't mean squat to me. Whether he is your classmate in college or you loved his play at UF this is the next level folks. It is also a what the hell have you done for me lately league. Do you think the management says he has potential even though he doesn't make plays. Let's give him a big fat raise. Hell no!

Crowder is a waste of time. He is not going to get better. Next year we will replace him and if he plans on sticking around this season he better study technique because he will find himself in the dog house and then out the proverbial door. He will be exposed just wait.

Well said sir. Mr. Crowder should not possess a firearm if he's drunk. Methinks he's in his same "Comfort zone" which is so intoxicating for young players. Not to mention, his play is not where it needs to be.

hey now, you asked me why i liked him so much and i told you. i never said he was the next coming of LT or anything like that - don't ask my opinion of why i like a certain player then knock the reply. that doesn't make any sense. did you just want ammunition to use against me in your endless crowder bashing? i went to school with him therefore i want him to succeed on my team at the next level as well. i don't think that is too ridiculous.

and i think he does many things well. but you will just use last year as your model, so the point is mute.

Back
Top Bottom